• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

NHL Refs

Rate this topic

Seriously, wtf?? At some point the league needs to address this issue, they are incompetent, inconsistent, and just plain awful 90% of the time. Tonight was really a piss off, weak calls on detroit and a lot of missed calls on the Ottawa goons

Who cares? Usually fire needs even more fire as a response.

Bloody them like the Islanders did against Pittsburgh some years ago. If this team will finally go the bigger nastier route the game would have some positive aspects to it. Call MacT and ask him what he wants for Gazic and BigMac and tell them both everything is allowed, some good old fashioned hockey next week

I believe since hockey doesn't get the national coverage other sports get, the referee call's aren't as heavily scrutinized and because of that the league isn't forced to make any changes.

Either way the refs have been bad since the lockout, I'm kinda used to it.

Who cares? Usually fire needs even more fire as a response. Bloody them like the Islanders did against Pittsburgh some years ago. If this team will finally go the bigger nastier route the game would have some positive aspects to it. Call MacT and ask him what he wants for Gazic and BigMac and tell them both everything is allowed, some good old fashioned hockey next week

Yep because 22 years in a row of making the playoffs and 4 stanley cups has been built on picking up players nobody has heard of.

They have progressively gotten worse since the end of the previous lockout...it's amazing how much ticky tacky crap gets called vs actually attempting to make a hockey play and committing a penalty...

As Mick said tonight on Kronners penalty...perfect chance to take both players as they both committed 2:00 infractions, but they only decide to take one.

Who cares? Usually fire needs even more fire as a response. Bloody them like the Islanders did against Pittsburgh some years ago. If this team will finally go the bigger nastier route the game would have some positive aspects to it. Call MacT and ask him what he wants for Gazic and BigMac and tell them both everything is allowed, some good old fashioned hockey next week

'Yep because 22 years in a row of making the playoffs and 4 stanley cups has been built on picking up players nobody has heard of.

Bigmac is probably a modern Probert and the most feared enforcer in this game most people have at least a ne him. Also, names like Koccur, McCarthy or Downey should ring a bell.

Pasha is out with concussion no suspension is going to make up for that, unless Neil Spezza and or Karlson are out with one too.

There won't be a suspension. The NHL isn't going to hang its refs out to dry with a play that was seen by refs. The next step would be Toronto calling up during breaks and awarding powerplays for missed calls. Missed calls happen. Get used to it.

Bigmac is probably a modern Probert and the most feared enforcer in this game most people have at least a ne him. Also, names like Koccur, McCarthy or Downey should ring a bell. Pasha is out with concussion no suspension is going to make up for that, unless Neil Spezza and or Karlson are out with one too.

Hey! I've heard of Big Mac! He spent a season or so here in Muskegon years ago. Sadly, he's only played 13 NHL games in the last 5 seasons (in the AHL right now). Big boy, knows how to fight. His balance isn't the best, but sufficient. Nice guy too.

There won't be a suspension. The NHL isn't going to hang its refs out to dry with a play that was seen by refs. The next step would be Toronto calling up during breaks and awarding powerplays for missed calls. Missed calls happen. Get used to it.

It's not like it would be unprecedented. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Jesse Winchester got a suspension for his 11/7 elbow on Chris Kelly. No penalty was called in the game on Winchester. I believe there are other examples, but this is the most recent (and comparable) I could think of.

Hey! I've heard of Big Mac! He spent a season or so here in Muskegon years ago. Sadly, he's only played 13 NHL games in the last 5 seasons (in the AHL right now). Big boy, knows how to fight. His balance isn't the best, but sufficient. Nice guy too.

Oh nice, yeah I've seen clips from him doing radio shows and hunting (sadly not Neil for now), but one the ice when this guy isa ON he is really on - like a Hulk - nobody can stop him and thats exactly the type of statement I want to see. The good thing is, if McKee keeps his development up the guy will be a monster in 2 years.