• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NyquistianDeke

Datsyuk concussion: To Return Tuesday

Rate this topic

Source:

DETROIT – The Detroit Red Wings will be missing their best player Sunday when they visit the Buffalo Sabres, as Pavel Datsyuk didn’t make the trip due to a possible concussion.

“We left him behind,’’ general manager Ken Holland told MLive.com. “After the game he felt, I don’t know the word, but he wasn’t quite right. We’re going through the protocol, see how he feels in the next day or two.’’

Holland said Datsyuk felt “fuzzy,’’ not normal.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/11/red_wings_pavel_datsyuk_out_fo_2.html

WTF is wrong with this team??? Their top player and arguably the best in the world gets elbowed in the head and not one sorry ass player does anything about it. I don't care if there is a suspension or not what i want to see is the team stand up for themselves and one another at the point when the incident happens, there is something fundamentally wrong with this team and their principles. Illitch should just relocate them to Sweden and let them play over there and Holland will be the happiest man alive. Im sorry to derail the thread but it infuriates me to watch this team and their complete lack of heart and toughness.

I wonder if were gonna try and pick up a goon by the trade deadline, just for games like this.

Hahahaha, you don't know Kenny "physical violence makes me wet myself" Holland, do you. The Ottawa players could've had samurai swords decapitating players and Holland would have said that we'll make them pay on the powerplay ... assuming that there were no arrests, which is not a given.

There is a reason that an elbow to the head of your best player passes without reprisal....

Give an NHL team an inch, they'll punch your grandmother in the back of her head ... or at least Neil would, and probably has - his own.

So if our power play is our enforcer and we can't score on the power play does that mean that we can stop saying that the PP is the enforcer? I don't want to read one post about revenge or bringing up Tootoo either. I want the Wings Holland wants on paper to finish out the season. It becomes obvious against teams like Ottawa, Toronto, and Boston that the Holland Euro-skill system will not work in the East over a full season. We need to get bigger, tougher, and less pretty. 1996-97 all over again.

Datsyuk and the Wings were tossed all over the ice all night. It was a shameful game in all facets. The PP made me want to kill a puppy. The diving was pathetic and we can't blame the refs for non-calls when we get that many powerplays.

So if our power play is our enforcer and we can't score on the power play does that mean that we can stop saying that the PP is the enforcer? I don't want to read one post about revenge or bringing up Tootoo either. I want the Wings Holland wants on paper to finish out the season. It becomes obvious against teams like Ottawa, Toronto, and Boston that the Holland Euro-skill system will not work in the East over a full season. We need to get bigger, tougher, and less pretty. 1996-97 all over again.

Datsyuk and the Wings were tossed all over the ice all night. It was a shameful game in all facets. The PP made me want to kill a puppy. The diving was pathetic and we can't blame the refs for non-calls when we get that many powerplays.

:clap:

My thoughts exactly, especially on the diving. We were nothing short of an embarrassment last night in every hockey sense. This hockey team is horrible. We can't win, can't defend ourselves...can't do anything except get points from OT losses.

I really, really hope this is a wake up call similar to the 1996/97 season.