• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NyquistianDeke

Datsyuk concussion: To Return Tuesday

Rate this topic

If him and Z wouldn't carrying their lines this team would be even more lost than they already are. Expecting Nyquist and Tatar to bring it every night is unfair, they are still rookies but Alfie and Weiss + Mule have to step up now no question.

Franzen is scoring consistently, Alfie seems to be filling Datsyuk's role as a leader and is assisting consistently. Weiss is the last one who needs to step it up. Everyone else is exactly where we expected them to be. The only underachievers left are Quincey, Cleary and Samuelsson.

If I was an attorney bringing suit against the NHL, I would show the weber head-smash and the cowen elbow as evidence that the league has not done enough to deter dangerous hits to the head. How can the league, with a straight face, claim that they are concerned about player safety? I may be biased, but I was furious Emery wasn't suspended. This league is becoming a joke. Avery and torterella can be suspended or fined for their speech, but an assault is unpunishable.

Edited by The Greek

Our powerplay will make the Sens wish they had never been born. Oh, and Cowen, his stats WILL pay for this.

Vengeance is as sweet as the nectar of all the Gods of men!

Don't like what Shanny said at all. Makes it seem like they put no thought into the decision whatsoever.

“But we can’t always look into a crystal ball, and here we are a few days later and there’s a serious injury and no one feels worse, other than maybe Pavel and the Red Wings, than the department of player safety.’’

So he admits he screwed up... but only because Pavel hasn't come back yet? That, in a nutshell, is why these suspensions are so confusing to fans. They don't judge the actual incident, they only judge the result, which makes very, very little sense.

Edited by hooon

I heard Cowen was healthy-scratched for the past game or two. I don't think I saw him in the Canucks game. It's probably just because he sucks (most Sens fans will tell you he's the worst defenseman they've ever seen and the sole cause of their poor start. Or, at least, the ones I've talked to and read), but I kinda wanna believe MacLean is also mad at him for possibly lighting a fire under this team's collective ass and perhaps making the Sens sort of The Bad Guys in this blooming division rivalry. Because, seriously, who elbows Pavel Datsyuk in the jaw? I could understand if it was, like, Kronner. But Datsyuk? Really?

Personally, this is a game - as mentioned before - where I don't care about the two points. I thought it would have been a statement game for this organization guess I was wrong again. Kenny didn't bring in a tough guy, so Neil (no matter the outcome) is still going to have some fun with the DetroitRedWings and if they dress Kassasian watch out it's not going to be pretty.

Yes, two points are important but a statement game is the thing that's needed, because the NHL doesn't care - no surprised mind you - back in the days Koccur, mcCarty would have cleaned the floor with Cowen after what he did to the best player on this team.

I want to beat them. Humiliate them. Beating the snot out of them physically but losing won't teach them any lessons. Nothing is better than crushing them and have them lose their cool and then crush them a little more, showing how they can't rattle us. But if Cowen plays, I want to see personal retribution. too.

Is that too much for which to ask?

Reasons the Wings signed Tootoo:

1. This game.

So why isn't he called up for Bert/Sammy/anyone not producing offensively? No idea.

We all know how the Sens played the last game. There is no reason to expect anything different Sunday night. They will run around, Neil will do his douchey thing, and there will be hacking and whacking all night. Hopefully the Wings will stand up for themselves a bit more instead of diving and failing on the PP.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Reasons the Wings signed Tootoo:

1. This game.

So why isn't he called up for Bert/Sammy/anyone not producing offensively? No idea.

We all know how the Sens played the last game. There is no reason to expect anything different Sunday night. They will run around, Neil will do his douchey thing, and there will be hacking and whacking all night. Hopefully the Wings will stand up for themselves a bit more instead of diving and failing on the PP.

They can't call him up - there's no cap room. Bert and pav aren't on LTIR so there's no roster space.

Personally, this is a game - as mentioned before - where I don't care about the two points. I thought it would have been a statement game for this organization guess I was wrong again. Kenny didn't bring in a tough guy, so Neil (no matter the outcome) is still going to have some fun with the DetroitRedWings and if they dress Kassasian watch out it's not going to be pretty.

Yes, two points are important but a statement game is the thing that's needed, because the NHL doesn't care - no surprised mind you - back in the days Koccur, mcCarty would have cleaned the floor with Cowen after what he did to the best player on this team.

If I could have my way, they (the Sens) would play the absolute best game they're capable of playing, and we'd demolish them on the scoreboard and in the face-punching department. But if I have to choose one of the two forms of "payback," I want the win.

And, really, we don't necessarily have a whole lot to prove by punching faces. If anything, gooning it up would probably make us seem weaker. Everyone knows we don't do it. We just don't. No team has really been able to change that for awhile now. Why give the Sens the bragging rights there? Maybe we beat them in a fight or two, but, ultimately, they might claim bragging rights. They might say they were the team that broke the Wings' principle, that got them to cave, that really, really got to them. Then we'd probably be cheap-shotted even more, if teams found out they could really get us off our game and help their cause against us. Then maybe a team like Boston starts dressing Shawn Thornton against us.

But putting that to the side - Why did Alfie come here? Because he felt he needed more protection on the ice? No. He signed here because he felt he'd have a good shot at the Cup here. So if we really want to make a statement tomorrow, in a game that is absolutely 100% about 1) Alfie and 2) finding out which team really does look like more of a contender, we'd be wise to do our very best to blow these guys away, on the scoreboard. Or on the scoreboard and in the face-punching department. But if only one, the scoreboard.

We shouldn't alter our game, our strategy, our philosophy - not for tomorrow's game, at least. Especially with how well we've done the past couple games, without having to face-punch.

IMHO

Edited by Dabura

If I could have my way, they (the Sens) would play the absolute best game they're capable of playing, and we'd demolish them on the scoreboard and in the face-punching department. But if I have to choose one of the two forms of "payback," I want the win.

And, really, we don't necessarily have a wholle lot to prove by punching faces. If anything, gooning it up would probably make us seem weaker. Everyone knows we don't do it. We just don't. No team has really been able to change that for awhile now. Why give the Sens' the bragging rights there? Maybe we beat them in a fight or two, but, ultimately, they might claim bragging rights. They might say they were the team that broke the Wings' principle, that got them to cave, that really, really got to them. Then we'd probably be cheap-shotted even more, if teams found out they could really get us off our game and help their cause against us. Then maybe a team like Boston starts dressing Shawn Thornton against us.

But putting that to the side - Why did Alfie come here? Because he felt he needed more protection on the ice? No. He signed here because he felt he'd have a good shot at the Cup here. So if we really want to make a statement tomorrow, in a game that is absolutely 100% about 1) Alfie and 2) finding out which team really does look like more of a contender, we'd be wise to do our very best to blow these guys away, on the scoreboard. Or on the scoreboard and in the face-punching department. But if only one, the scoreboard.

We shouldn't alter our game, our strategy, our philosophy - not for tomorrow's game, at least. Especially with how well we've done the past couple games, without having to face-punch.

IMHO

Great speech bro.

However, I like this one better. mel-gibson-braveheart-photograph-c101019

In the news today Kenny Holland has signed Joey Kocur to a one game contract and rumors circulate about voodoo rituals that have taken place in upper Red Wings offices and the surprise announcement of another one game contract will be awarded to a former number 24.

God I miss the bruise brothers Dats would be avenged for sure