• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NyquistianDeke

Datsyuk concussion: To Return Tuesday

Rate this topic

There was one play, I think it was during the last game against the Lightning. Datsyuk and Kindl were close to each other just inside our blue line. Datsyuk had just about closed in on the coasting puck, Kindl was readying himself for the simple pass. Datsyuk slapped it with a backhand and it went sideways towards the boards, sort of still within Kindl's reach, but, really, not at all where you want to put the puck in that situation (it meant we couldn't run a clean regroup, a D-to-D mirror). I don't know if it was frustration. I don't know if it was carelessness. I just know it was extremely unlike Datsyuk and looked kind of like an eff-you to Kindl and maybe the team and maybe life in general.

He's been really off since coming back. It's probably a combination of lingering effects, all-around frustration, and "Sochi nerves." Also, I get the sense that he doesn't like the HBO dealy.

You wonder if a part of him is thinking, "I could have gone back home. I re-signed for this?"

Was he rushed back to soon? He just doesn't seem like he is all there right now and not just "up to game speed".

He's definitely made some surprisingly bad defensive plays compared to his usual level. Getting beat positionally several times since he's been back.

It's strange to see.

Pav has certainly not been his usual self since coming back. I think he just realizes half the team is out with injury and our chances of winning are so slim, and the playoffs are so far away, that he just doesnt really care that much right now.

Just like anyone else at their job, you try your hardest when it really counts, and when it doesnt, you dont. Pav knows when to put the team on his back and win a game worth winning. He'll be fine when we need him to be.

Pav has certainly not been his usual self since coming back. I think he just realizes half the team is out with injury and our chances of winning are so slim, and the playoffs are so far away, that he just doesnt really care that much right now.

Just like anyone else at their job, you try your hardest when it really counts, and when it doesnt, you dont. Pav knows when to put the team on his back and win a game worth winning. He'll be fine when we need him to be.

That doesn't seem like Datsyuk. He plays hard regardless of the game. I think there are lingering effects from the concussion and maybe a little frustration. But I don't think he doesn't care.

pav did say he was "out of shape" when he came back... translation: "i'm closer to everyone elses' level"...? :P

also, there's no way pav doesn't care. he probably cares the most on our team if not in the league. he's a very competetive guy.. and could easily not be 100% back to what he was pre-concussion. just hope he avoids another big hit *knocks on wood* and he'll be back to himself in no time.

he looks like s*** out there.. havent seen him steal a puck, take a nice shot in ages it seems. gets pushed off so easily now was the strongest guy on the puck now he's nothing. and the crazy thing is when the hit from cowen happened i laughed it off and thought he was faking too.. yet he missed what 7 games and been s*** for the next 7? unreal what a turn of events.