184 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

Man that looked so innocent and even CBC said he was faking it .. buh

CBC is just as bad as all the rest.  They are Canadian biased.

#22 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

Pav not playing...........put the L in the column already

Nah man, it's buffalo.. hopefully he's not out our next game against a real team.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#23 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Is it wrong of me being more pissed about the non reaction to the Pasha incident than the loss? Having a hard time, liking this team now.

Anyway 6 days from now, thats what I want to see:

Who is supposed to drop the gloves?
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#24 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

Who is supposed to drop the gloves?

The nastiest enforcer Kenny can and should find. There are some really mean SOBs in the AHL, they are  just waiting for a call to play on a NHL team.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#25 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

The nastiest enforcer Kenny can and should find. There are some really mean SOBs in the AHL, they are  just waiting for a call to play on a NHL team.

Lets get used to this BS, with Boston, Toronto, Philly, Ottawa... this is the way they are going to play and beat us.

Bring McGrattan
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Good thing it's Buffalo.

(Nah, we're gonna lose.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#27 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

Let's just hope that this is for precautionary reasons.

Get well Dats!!

#28 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

So does this mean we lose against Buffalo as well? Awesome!

#29 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Is it wrong of me being more pissed about the non reaction to the Pasha incident than the loss? Having a hard time, liking this team now.

Anyway 6 days from now, thats what I want to see:

Not that anyone necessarily would have done anything, but because of the position of Cowen when he elbowed Datsyuk, I don't think anyone could really see what happened. 

#30 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Just here to post the obligatory "See what happens when we don't have a tough guy" comment.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Let's just hope that this is for precautionary reasons.

Get well Dats!!

Well, he used The Words ("the protocol"), so it looks like that's exactly what it is.

And, really, for Dats to say he feels...fuzzy (if that is indeed what he was going for)...it's the right call.

Maybe someone steps up in his absence. (Stop laughing! It could happen!)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

Lets get used to this BS, with Boston, Toronto, Philly, Ottawa... this is the way they are going to play and beat us.

Bring McGrattan

Haha, you're being optimistic here.  Teams don't need to get all chippy to beat the Red Wings.  Just playing regular old hockey will do.  But it does make me feel better to think that teams will have to do something special to beat us, rather than just show up and wait for our team to blow the game late in the third.

Just here to post the obligatory "See what happens when we don't have a tough guy" comment.

esteef

See above.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#33 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

Haha, you're being optimistic here.  Teams don't need to get all chippy to beat the Red Wings.  Just playing regular old hockey will do.  But it does make me feel better to think that teams will have to do something special to beat us, rather than just show up and wait for our team to blow the game late in the third.

See above.

Todd McLellan and Paul MacLean know exactly how to beat us.  Play physical and intimidate, it's worked for years.

esteef

#34 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Todd McLellan and Paul MacLean know exactly how to beat us.  Play physical and intimidate, it's worked for years.

esteef

Apparently there are lots of ways to beat this team, since we can't seem to buy a win no matter how the other team plays.  Last night was the first really physical game we've played and we lost.  But the zillion games we lost before that really didn't hinge on physicality.  I agree that we got beat up last night, but it's not like that's a sure fire way to beat us.  We lose no matter what style the other team plays.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#35 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

Not that Pav can be replaced, but the Wings are going to play yet another game a forward short tonight. Holland's cap management has left them with no extra forwards or d-men.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#36 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

CBC is just as bad as all the rest.  They are Canadian biased.

now now calm down i'm canadian :)

#37 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

Not that Pav can be replaced, but the Wings are going to play yet another game a forward short tonight. Holland's cap management has left them with no extra forwards or d-men.

Well I'm not gonna defend Hollands cap management because it's a joke, however Alfie is ready to go tonight so we're gonna be fine for forwards.

#NOMOREKINDL

#38 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

WTF is wrong with this team??? Their top player and arguably the best in the world gets elbowed in the head and not one sorry ass player does anything about it. I don't care if there is a suspension or not what i want to see is the team stand up for themselves and one another at the point when the incident happens, there is something fundamentally wrong with this team and their principles. Illitch should just relocate them to Sweden and let them play over there and Holland will be the happiest man alive. Im sorry to derail the thread but it infuriates me to watch this team and their complete lack of heart and toughness.      

Just remember, the one person who would have stood up for him got demoted to GR because they absolutely had to have Cleary here.  And now look at what it has cost us.  Just get well quick, sweetie...that's all we can ask.

Posted Image

#39 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

You guys...I love bench clearing brawl-filled rivalries as much as the next guy, but Ottawa is the only team I can remember doing this. The East hasn't been some big, bad, enforcer-filled battle for the Wings. We lose fair and square most nights.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#40 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

You guys...I love bench clearing brawl-filled rivalries as much as the next guy, but Ottawa is the only team I can remember doing this. The East hasn't been some big, bad, enforcer-filled battle for the Wings. We lose fair and square most nights.

Yep, best not to address a glaring need on this team for years.  Better to continue to sweep it under the rug and hope nobody notices.

esteef