#161 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:10 AM

What's the joke/reference?

The great Scott Parker, who else?  

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#162 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

They better not be rushing him since Z is down.

It's a head injury to our best player. No one is gong to rush anything, least of all Pav himself.

#163 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

What's the joke/reference?

He's an enforcers enforcer :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#164 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

They better not be rushing him since Z is down.

I sais the same thing, apparently they would never ever ever rush a player back because the other star play was injured as well

#165 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

He'll come back when he's ready.  But I have a feeling he's just about ready.  Something tells me he's getting restless.

Posted Image

#166 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

I have a bad feeling that he'll rush back with the news of Helm needing an MRI. That's two natural centers and one winger who plays very well at center down, so essentially three missing from the lineup. I'd feel much better if he went several days feeling good before he returns.

#167 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Announced tonight during Devils game that Datsyuk is confirmed to be back for Tuesday vs Florida.  :clap:

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#168 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Announced tonight during Devils game that Datsyuk is confirmed to be back for Tuesday vs Florida.  :clap:

Thank God. This team has fallen apart without he and Z in the lineup. Awful game against Philly transitions into an awful first period against the Devils.

#169 Timezown

Timezown

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Ansar Khan | akhan1@mlive.com 7 minutes ago

Pavel Datsyuk will return Tuesday at Florida, Ken Holland said. He will have missed seven games with a concussion.

flag unlike reply share

#170 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Dats ... it's OK, take a couple more weeks off and come back fresh with Z.  Then we can go for a role.  Let see if this group can win some games for us.  Maybe Alfie and Weiss will rise to the occasion.   

#171 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

I like it....the reporters asked him if he was having any headaches, and he said, "maybe from media".

Ouch.  At least the sense of humor has stayed intact.

I'm just glad he'll be back for the 19th.  I'll be at that game.   :D

Posted Image

#172 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

Thank God. This team has fallen apart without he and Z in the lineup. Awful game against Philly transitions into an awful first period against the Devils.

Yet we still have a 5-1 record without Dats... 

#173 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

so who gets scratched? 

#174 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

so who gets scratched? 

Emdog goes back down

#175 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

cowen got suspended: http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Shanny, is that you?!

#176 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

Was he rushed back to soon? He just doesn't seem like he is all there right now and not just "up to game speed".

Edited by dragonballgtz, 18 December 2013 - 04:55 AM.

#177 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

There was one play, I think it was during the last game against the Lightning. Datsyuk and Kindl were close to each other just inside our blue line. Datsyuk had just about closed in on the coasting puck, Kindl was readying himself for the simple pass. Datsyuk slapped it with a backhand and it went sideways towards the boards, sort of still within Kindl's reach, but, really, not at all where you want to put the puck in that situation (it meant we couldn't run a clean regroup, a D-to-D mirror). I don't know if it was frustration. I don't know if it was carelessness. I just know it was extremely unlike Datsyuk and looked kind of like an eff-you to Kindl and maybe the team and maybe life in general.

He's been really off since coming back. It's probably a combination of lingering effects, all-around frustration, and "Sochi nerves." Also, I get the sense that he doesn't like the HBO dealy.

You wonder if a part of him is thinking, "I could have gone back home. I re-signed for this?"

Don't Toews me, bro!

#178 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

Was he rushed back to soon? He just doesn't seem like he is all there right now and not just "up to game speed".

He's definitely made some surprisingly bad defensive plays compared to his usual level.  Getting beat positionally several times since he's been back.

It's strange to see. 

#179 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

Pav has certainly not been his usual self since coming back. I think he just realizes half the team is out with injury and our chances of winning are so slim, and the playoffs are so far away, that he just doesnt really care that much right now.

Just like anyone else at their job, you try your hardest when it really counts, and when it doesnt, you dont. Pav knows when to put the team on his back and win a game worth winning. He'll be fine when we need him to be.

#180 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

Pav has certainly not been his usual self since coming back. I think he just realizes half the team is out with injury and our chances of winning are so slim, and the playoffs are so far away, that he just doesnt really care that much right now.

Just like anyone else at their job, you try your hardest when it really counts, and when it doesnt, you dont. Pav knows when to put the team on his back and win a game worth winning. He'll be fine when we need him to be.

That doesn't seem like Datsyuk. He plays hard regardless of the game. I think there are lingering effects from the concussion and maybe a little frustration. But I don't think he doesn't care.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.