• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

What Does This Team Need More/Most?

Rate this topic

It was, but go back and look at how much Hudler, Filpulla, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Franzen, Samuellson, and Cleary were on, and look at how much more they got paid on their next contract. Look at how much (or more accurately how little) we were paying Ozzie and Hasek. The fact that we had so many good players on cheap contracts enabled us to sign Rafalski and then Stuart.

This is a good point... but definitely one that's explainable. A lot of these guys were relatively early in their careers and not making big money yet (Hudler, Filppula, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Franzen). Samuelsson and Cleary were castoffs. Osgood and Hasek were nearing the end of their careers (Hasek had already retired once) and really couldn't command huge dollars despite both still being good goalies. The first group mentioned was a result of good scouting, drafting, and development. Not unlike what Chicago had in 2010. Yes, they sucked for a long time, but finally got the right people in charge and started putting things together. Then when they had to blow up their roster that summer, what did they do? Turned right around and won again in 2013 with some of the same key guys and an almost all-new supporting cast.

Guest Playmaker

Yeah, because obviously we can't beat good tough teams like Boston unless we have an enforcer.

I'm not talking about Boston.theyre not hacks, they have class.

I'm talking for specifically against Ottawa.

Thats why i said Bert, or a nuclear deterrent, not an enforcer or goon.

A hockey player who will fight if they get too cheap and take too manyy liberties with our stars.

How many injured stars before beating Boston is impossible.

I'm not lobbying for a bad hockey player

Just one to get a handle on the situation, should it arise, and I imagine it will come sunday.

This idea came from discussion with a few wings fans outside of LGW.

The biggest organization need of the Red Wings is a future 1st line C in the pipeline to take over for Z and Dats. Jarnkrok may pan out to be a top line C but we realistically need 2. Its pretty obvious that top line C's don't just float around the UFA market or become available through trade, so Holland has to find one through the draft (and this won't happen late in the first round where we are picking). This year's draft is shaping up to be less deep than most. How would people feel about trading our 1st this year to a desperate team for their 1st next year? This would leave us with 2 1st rounders for the next draft to potentially use in a package with other pieces to trade up and draft a top line centre.