• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

11/24 GDT: Red Wings 3 @ Sabres 1

Rate this topic

I'm really happy with the effort we put forth tonite. I mean, it was really hard to watch this game so I want to commend all of us for fighting the urge to turn it off and walk away. Props everyone!

To you as well! Even though I'm sure we were all banking on the fact that they would blow the lead yet again.

Great, much needed win bythe Wings. THe only complaint I have is Dan Cleary and Kindl.

Fact is, after this game, I think Babs needs to realize to play Monster for the time being.... he is getting us wins. We all know Jimmy is good, but he has not been getting us wins. Jimmy has started nearly all our games, and has been limited to just 5 wins. Monster has started 6 times and has 5 wins... To me that says that Monster is doing his job and deserves to keep playing. Not only did he make timely saves, but I love the way he can come out and play the puck... it helps the team SO MUCH when retrieving pucks. At the end, he made a save with his glove, put it down and passed it out to allow the Wings to clear... that is stuff Jimmy can;t do and it helps. I just feel that it seems like, this season thus far, the Wings play much more confidently with Monster in net. Keep playing him.

Imo a pretty solid road-game considering it was a back-to-back. Not great by any means but Gustavsson was great when he needed to be, the PP was good and we didn't really give them more than 1 goal. That's what we gotta keep doing, not giving 2-3 easy goals to every team. If they have to fight for it themselves we'll beat these bad teams easily.

Well, we did get lucky a number of times. Some really brutal turnovers around our net, one or two or three of which a better team probably would've banked home.

But I'll take the two points. I'll definitely take the two points.

Great, much needed win bythe Wings. THe only complaint I have is Dan Cleary and Kindl.

Fact is, after this game, I think Babs needs to realize to play Monster for the time being.... he is getting us wins. We all know Jimmy is good, but he has not been getting us wins. Jimmy has started nearly all our games, and has been limited to just 5 wins. Monster has started 6 times and has 5 wins... To me that says that Monster is doing his job and deserves to keep playing. Not only did he make timely saves, but I love the way he can come out and play the puck... it helps the team SO MUCH when retrieving pucks. At the end, he made a save with his glove, put it down and passed it out to allow the Wings to clear... that is stuff Jimmy can;t do and it helps. I just feel that it seems like, this season thus far, the Wings play much more confidently with Monster in net. Keep playing him.

Bottom line, Monster has found a way to get the job done and Jimmy has struggled to do the same. I dunno if I'd go so far as to say Monster should now be our number one, but he's a much more appealing option than he was at the very beginning of the season, when we all figured he'd get five wins all season. That's nothing but good news.

If he gets the start on Wednesday, I'll be fine with the call. He's already handed the Bruins one loss.

I missed the game but glad the Wings got the win.

I did see the highlights. WEAK penalty shot call. I think that has actually surpassed goaltender interference for the most inconsistently called penalty in the NHL.

Helm looks rust still. A couple brutal turnovers lately. Not ready for the pass back a couple times in good scoring position.

And Z is an absolute beast. So wish he got that wraparound in.

Helm looks rust still. A couple brutal turnovers lately. Not ready for the pass back a couple times in good scoring position.

His decision making has definitely been off, but then, he is a third-line center, with hands of stone.

I'm happy that he's contributing secondary scoring. Wasn't really expecting that from him.

I really want to see Weiss score and get going. He's so close to it.

It really does feel like he's right there, doesn't it? I think the next one may be a dam-breaker for him, which would be "good for him, great for us." Having an amped-up Weiss would do wonders for us.

His decision making has definitely been off, but then, he is a third-line center, with hands of stone.

I'm happy that he's contributing secondary scoring. Wasn't really expecting that from him.

It really does feel like he's right there, doesn't it? I think the next one may be a dam-breaker for him, which would be "good for him, great for us." Having an amped-up Weiss would do wonders for us.

I think the injury took him back a couple steps. He hasn't seemed too eager to get involved and take the initiative like I want to see. He was doing a lot of that in the games leading up to his injury, and hopefully it's just a matter of getting the body back into game form.

Edit I mean Weiss, if that wasn't clear

Edited by Echolalia

idk i feel weiss is never going to come around would be nice though would help A LOT

I just think he's too good not to.

Pretty much all top-six forwards have dry periods in their careers. Even Z, our fearless and formidable leader, has gone dry in the past. Datsyuk as well.

I just think he's too good not to.

Pretty much all top-six forwards have dry periods in their careers. Even Z, our fearless and formidable leader, has gone dry in the past. Datsyuk as well.

He's on pace for what, 12 points? He better turn it around. I honestly thought he would have by now, you can see the frustration in his face during the close ups.

He's on pace for what, 12 points? He better turn it around. I honestly thought he would have by now, you can see the frustration in his face during the close ups.

Baha Z's on pace for 92 points. 2nd in the NHL behind Sid. Havin a career year.

Ya well maybe he would do a little more if he wasn't playing with dumb and dumber (cleary and Sammy)

I really dont feel like we played all that well tonight at all. Boston on wednesday scares me.

Starting monster in net and having pasha back will make me feel like weve got a fighting chance.

As bad as everyone likes to say that it is, we have already proven that we can beat Boston.

I just read that Z is two points behind Crosby. I knew he was in second, and I knew it had to be Crosby in front of him, but I had no idea it was that close. That blows my mind. Is Crosby having an off season? Or is Z's season just that good?

I'm gonna go ahead and scratch what I said about Zetterberg being in the conversation for the Hart. I definitely think he should be in it, at least at this point in time.

I really dont feel like we played all that well tonight at all. Boston on wednesday scares me.

Starting monster in net and having pasha back will make me feel like weve got a fighting chance.

Most folks will agree with your assessment of tonight's game, but its all about baby steps. The W against Carolina was a huge monkey of the team's back, and to follow that up with a loss to Ottawa was demoralizing. The win tonight was about regaining confidence. It was ugly, but they did what they had to do. Now the Wings are coming off of two wins in their past three games, with two days off to prepare for Boston. The team is trending up.

As bad as everyone likes to say that it is, we have already proven that we can beat Boston.

I feel like we generally play the really good teams better than we play the middling ones. So I'm expecting a good game. Maybe the extra rest will do a lot of good for Dats.

And yeah, I think I might like to see Monster get the start. I'm really happy for him.

Monsters gotten us 11 out of a possible 12 points in his starts, that's pretty damn good for a back-up. Howard needs to step it up and start getting some wins, it's inexcusable for Howie and Gus to have the same amount of wins in the disparity of GP's. If Bert and Datsyuk are healthy enough for the Boston game, it'll be a good match-up. Gonna be a lot different then the Sabres.