• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

11/24 GDT: Red Wings 3 @ Sabres 1

Rate this topic

I just read that Z is two points behind Crosby. I knew he was in second, and I knew it had to be Crosby in front of him, but I had no idea it was that close. That blows my mind. Is Crosby having an off season? Or is Z's season just that good?

I'm gonna go ahead and scratch what I said about Zetterberg being in the conversation for the Hart. I definitely think he should be in it, at least at this point in time.

No, Zs having a great year. Theres a possibilty of him getting over 100 pts for the first time in his career.

It's crazy being in theEast: we're ready to far and feather 80% of the organization, yet we're still right in the thick of the race.

The wings dynasty is held to the highest standard in sprorts. Thats how we roll here.

Sorry, Babs said Cleary will be getting the start against the Bruins. ;)

I know youre joking here but do you think Babs will change up the lines for bostons game?

Within the realm of lines Babs may roll, Id like to see.

Weiss-pasha-alfie

Franzen-z-nyquist

Abby-helm-tatar

Miller-andy-sammy/cleary

Or

Z-pasha-alfie

Franzen-weiss-nyquist

Abby-helm-tatar

Miller-andy-sammy/cleary

Edited by RedWang

Guest Crymson
Still, a win is a win. We just can't let this one go to our heads is all.

You mean those of us here?

I really want to see Weiss score and get going. He's so close to it.

He looked good tonight despite being stuck with the likes of Sammy and Cleary. I make fun of Cleary a lot for being so easily knocked over and losing the puck but tonight the guy actually fell over while in possession of the puck with nobody even close to him after crossing Buffalos blueline. I swear he found a way to trip over the blueline. That turnover led directly to a 3 on 2 which I believe was the sequence that Lashoff's kick save slide was the only thing that kept the puck out of the net. Not 100% sure it was that one but Buffalo did get a quality chance. Moral of the story is I think Weiss is going to burst out soon if he can get some consistent linemates and Cleary needs to be tar and feathered.

That turnover led directly to a 3 on 2 which I believe was the sequence that Lashoff's kick save slide was the only thing that kept the puck out of the net. Not 100% sure it was that one but Buffalo did get a quality chance.

Yep, it was that one.

You mean those of us here?

Mostly.

Wouldn't want it to go to the players' heads either - but I don't really think that's an issue. (Then again, our record against middling teams is a bit worrying, for what that might be worth.)

He looked good tonight despite being stuck with the likes of Sammy and Cleary. I make fun of Cleary a lot for being so easily knocked over and losing the puck but tonight the guy actually fell over while in possession of the puck with nobody even close to him after crossing Buffalos blueline. I swear he found a way to trip over the blueline. That turnover led directly to a 3 on 2 which I believe was the sequence that Lashoff's kick save slide was the only thing that kept the puck out of the net. Not 100% sure it was that one but Buffalo did get a quality chance. Moral of the story is I think Weiss is going to burst out soon if he can get some consistent linemates and Cleary needs to be tar and feathered.

Play him with either Nyquist and Tatar or Alfie and Franzen. Put him with someone competent offensively and the points are going to come. Weiss set up someone on a rush with a nice feed across the slot...can't remember who it was. Didn't turn into a goal, though.

Play him with either Nyquist and Tatar or Alfie and Franzen. Put him with someone competent offensively and the points are going to come. Weiss set up someone on a rush with a nice feed across the slot...can't remember who it was. Didn't turn into a goal, though.

If all else fails...Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Weiss.

No, Zs having a great year. Theres a possibilty of him getting over 100 pts for the first time in his career.

I guess it was sort of a stupid question, because, well, obviously Z is tearing it up. I'm wondering more about Crosby, if he might be having a bit of an off season thus far. I mean, let's be honest: Henrik Zetterberg "shouldn't" be two points behind Crosby at the start of the second quarter. NO ONE should be two points behind him right now. Then again, I hate the Penguins and therefore don't follow them too closely, and therefore don't really know the normal trajectory for Crosby's personal season, beyond the fact that he mostly destroys the competition.

How would that be fair to the rest of the league? Lol

My only worry is Z and D might drag Weiss down, hold him back.

you could Dats Feds and Stevie Y and it still wouldn't jump start Cleary this year im afraid to say

Even a quality car battery reaches a point when it won't take a charge anymore.

Like my favorite ex girlfriends, I'll choose to remember the good times and not the bad.