I'd like to talk about this off-season/next season

Rate this topic

The thought of

Kronwall-Edler

Ericsson-Deke

Smith-Lashoff

Has me all giddy

Weiss + Tatar + 1st

They can move Kesler to the wing. Canucks try to score off the rush suits Weiss game more. Helps there scoring

Where's Kindl? I could see him being part of the trade, but if we keep him, he gets a spot over Lashoff.

Where's Kindl? I could see him being part of the trade, but if we keep him, he gets a spot over Lashoff.

The thought of

Kronwall-Edler

Ericsson-Deke

Smith-Lashoff

Has me all giddyWeiss + Tatar + 1st

They can move Kesler to the wing. Canucks try to score off the rush suits Weiss game more. Helps there scoring

doubt Vancouver would take on Weiss

Idk Lashoff is a rock. The prototypical 6th defensemen. I don't really like Kindl tbh

doubt Vancouver would take on Weiss

Probably right. Fact is other teams can offer a better package then us. One can dream. I wouldn't be surprised if Holland went aggressive for him though. He hasn't made a big splash this decade

This idea came from discussion with a few wings fans outside of LGW.

The biggest organization need of the Red Wings is a future 1st line C in the pipeline to take over for Z and Dats. Jarnkrok may pan out to be a top line C but we realistically need 2. Its pretty obvious that top line C's don't just float around the UFA market or become available through trade, so Holland has to find one through the draft (and this won't happen late in the first round where we are picking). This year's draft is shaping up to be less deep than most. How would people feel about trading our 1st this year to a desperate team for their 1st next year? This would leave us with 2 1st rounders for the next draft to potentially use in a package with other pieces to trade up and draft a top line centre.

No good #1-2 defensemen are going to hit the market anytime soon, gotta make a trade. Holland has to make this team a serious contender in the next 2-3 years. I'm 50 percent sure Holland makes a trade for a good d-man this year.

I can see him ponying up assets for Edler possibly - but not Nyquist or Smith. Think our 1st + Tatar + Ouellet/Backman + Cap dump. Most canucks fans wouldn't be happy with that but Edler has been pretty bad this year and his stock has fallen - also he has a NTC which would rule out some teams.

Edler, has so far been horrendous this season.

The big question is who are we going to buy out, Weiss or Mule? Depending if Mule keeps up his current production then bye bye Weiss. But if Weiss picks it up and Mule becomes invisible again, bye bye Mule.

You don't buy out either, you just don't resign our FA's ie cleary/sammy maybe Bert

You don't buy out either, you just don't resign our FA's ie cleary/sammy maybe Bert

you use the buyout for sure. Franzen and Weiss seem to be the two obvious choices, lets hope this "choice" isn't as bad as the last one! Bye bye Franzen!

Also, you do not resign ANY of the UFA's.

if there is a trade for a stud defenseman this season, it should be Franzen and Q being dealt...and forget Edler, we don't need another one of those type defenseman.

Edited by LeftWinger

I'm really hoping our Swedes do some heavy recruiting on Steen throughout the Olympics. Considering he's a UFA and all.

A Swedish-Canadian top level scorer who's not a liability and just entering his prime? Yes please.

I am all for that! I didn't know he was Swedish. Is he playing on team Sweden?

Why would we buy out Franzen? The guy is playing like a true top 6 power forward and responsible defensively with a 3.9M cap hit. I suppose you'd want Tatar to replace his spot. No coach is dumb enough to do that and certainly not Babcock.

I think moving Weiss to the wing will allow him to be an effective part of this team. Then we can save the buyout if Franzen's 3.9M is ever considered an over payment

We need a puck moving defensemen. Edler would fit this team nicely then we don't have to play Quincey every night. Great PP guy has put up 60 point seasons and is just now entering his prime. You'd be crazy to not want him on the wings. With his recent performance with the Canucks he would never be cheaper then right now

I'm really hoping our Swedes do some heavy recruiting on Steen throughout the Olympics. Considering he's a UFA and all.

A Swedish-Canadian top level scorer who's not a liability and just entering his prime? Yes please.

Once I saw that he was a FA, I figured he'd be a prime target for us. He'd be a great fit with Z, but I'd imagine St. Louis will push hard to re-sign him.

rid ourselves of Franzen, Q, Sammy, Cleary and Bert. Plenty of room for our ripened kids and a huge UFA signing! Preferably one that can score 40-50 goals!

I wouldn't be beyond inquiring into Ovi's availability!

So far ive heard people saying potentially signing Ovie, or Steen?

If we could by some stroke of nearly incomprehensible luck, timing and a FAT salary hit, either one of those players on our team is by far one if the best teams ever assembled.

Can you stop and think about these lines?

Do it. Stop. And think about it...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ovechkin/Steen

Nyquist-Franzen-Alfredsson

Tatar-Helm-Jurco/Mantha

Abby-Andy-Miller

Kronner-E

Dekeyser-Smith

Kindl-Lashoff

Now go clean yourself up, change your underwear, and go on with your day.

Why would we buy out Franzen? The guy is playing like a true top 6 power forward and responsible defensively with a 3.9M cap hit. I suppose you'd want Tatar to replace his spot. No coach is dumb enough to do that and certainly not Babcock.

I think moving Weiss to the wing will allow him to be an effective part of this team. Then we can save the buyout if Franzen's 3.9M is ever considered an over payment

We need a puck moving defensemen. Edler would fit this team nicely then we don't have to play Quincey every night. Great PP guy has put up 60 point seasons and is just now entering his prime. You'd be crazy to not want him on the wings. With his recent performance with the Canucks he would never be cheaper then right now

The reason to buy our Mule is his up and down production. Sure, the last few games he has played good but how long will that last. Will he go through another very long stretch of being invisible? Do the Wings want to waste cap space, and risk penalty for him retiring early? Without the last 10 games or so Mule didn't even look worth $1M, let alone his cap space.

So far ive heard people saying potentially signing Ovie, or Steen?

If we could by some stroke of nearly incomprehensible luck, timing and a FAT salary hit, either one of those players on our team is by far one if the best teams ever assembled.

Can you stop and think about these lines?

Do it. Stop. And think about it...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ovechkin/Steen

Nyquist-Franzen-Alfredsson

Tatar-Helm-Jurco/Mantha

Abby-Andy-Miller

Kronner-E

Dekeyser-Smith

Kindl-Lashoff

Now go clean yourself up, change your underwear, and go on with your day.

Weiss, Sheahan, Ferraro, and even possibly Callahan will be on the roster before Jurco/Mantha.

Weiss, Sheahan, Ferraro, and even possibly Callahan will be on the roster before Jurco/Mantha.

Well my combinations made my "special moment" even more special. Thats the only response i have, as you are correct.

wouldnt be surprised if someone is traded at the draft if not at the deadline

I agree. Supposedly (I read it somewhere earlier this season) that there's a lot of interest in Sheahan. Being a large two-way center who's ready and coming up on a new contract.

Not to mention our plethora of centermen we already have.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sheahan, Tatar and our first rounder packaged together for a true #1 defenceman or elite forward. Most likely in the offseason because of the cap.

Have to give up value to get value.

Oh ya, duh, forgot about Tomas Steen!

Anyway RedWang, I stopped and thought about those lines...I can't even fathom this team having Franzen on it come October 2014, so the only thing I need to go change is my shirt after puking. Franzen NEEDS to be bought out...period. He makes the most sense... (or traded.)