408 replies to this topic

#61 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

That's a lot of rookies.

Is that any worse than Cleary, Miller, Quincey and Andersson who has been very lame this year?  

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#62 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

Slightly off topic.
But nyquist looks like datsyuk Jr.
Responsible with the puck, great defensively, and makes good plays
He looks miles ahead of Tatar.

#63 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

FWIW, Malik thinks we might try for Edler again, at or around the trade deadline.

http://kuklaskorner....s-also-about-us

I believe we're a top-four defenseman away from being a legitimate contender. The concern, of course, would be what we'd be parting with.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#64 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,808 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

FWIW, Malik thinks we might try for Edler again, at or around the trade deadline.

http://kuklaskorner....s-also-about-us

I believe we're a top-four defenseman away from being a legitimate contender. The concern, of course, would be what we'd be parting with.

I know he's had some good seasons for Vancouver, but I've seen enough of him to know he makes stupid decisions every now and again, and isn't super consistent. Those facts coupled with a 5mil cap hit make me not interested, but I'm sure Kenny will be.

#NOMOREKINDL

#65 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

I've wanted Edler for a while I think he'd fit in nicely. I know Vancouver really needs goal scorers. No idea what it would take. I'd be willing to part with Tatar but not Nyquist

#66 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

I've wanted Edler for a while I think he'd fit in nicely. I know Vancouver really needs goal scorers. No idea what it would take. I'd be willing to part with Tatar but not Nyquist

I respectfully disagree. We have heaps of one dimensional bottom 6 plugs that we could unload before giving away one of our youngest, most promising offensive sparks.

Tats is only a rookie and he makes things happen every shift. He has hands, speed, isnt affraid to shoot, and has a nose for the net. In a couple years when his big boy puck composure comes in, that dudes gonna really be somethin.

Id never trade him away at this point. But thats just me I guess.

#67 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

I respectfully disagree. We have heaps of one dimensional bottom 6 plugs that we could unload before giving away one of our youngest, most promising offensive sparks.

Tats is only a rookie and he makes things happen every shift. He has hands, speed, isnt affraid to shoot, and has a nose for the net. In a couple years when his big boy puck composure comes in, that dudes gonna really be somethin.

Id never trade him away at this point. But thats just me I guess.

While then you're not getting Edler for our bottom 6 plugs unless maybe they'll take Weiss. I think Vancouver would want impact players. Vancouver would probably want Nyquist he's making some noise around the NHL

Edited by joesuffP, 01 December 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#68 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

There's a lot of teams that would want to trade to Edler. Vancouver could get a better deal from other teams that we couldn't offer. Franzen maybe it would take? I think we need him though

#69 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

While then you're not getting Edler for our bottom 6 plugs unless maybe they'll take Weiss. I think Vancouver would want impact players. Vancouver would probably want Nyquist he's making some noise around the NHL

I agree with that, theyre definitely not giving him away for spare parts. But the only two id prefer us not part with are Nyquist, Tatar. When mantha and jurco get here were gonna have some offensive prowess. As much as I like him thses days, maybe a straight up Smith for Edler?

#70 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

It would be great if Edler demanded a trade and would only go to Detroit. Like the Hodgsen raping a few years ago. Sammy and Cleary would clear up just enough salary to aquire...

#71 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

I guess the official story is that we've been high on Edler for a long while now. We were going to take him in the draft (Hakan liked him), but we lost out and took Franzen instead. Then, years later, we tried to trade for him, but the Canucks wanted four pieces (one of them being a first-round pick), which was one or two too many for Kenny.

I do think trading for Edler is something we should very seriously consider. He wouldn't come in and replace Kronwall as our #1 on the back end, but he would give us an actual top four, which we don't have right now. As I've said before, we have a top three and a black hole. If winning (the Cup) now is something we want to be truly serious about, we need a solid top four. We seem to have sort of the "inside track" on Edler, which is great because it's virtually impossible to acquire a top-four defenseman these days. So, to me, this seems like it might have the potential to be kinda sorta maybe a gift from The Hockey Gods. Or a slightly Babcockian Opportunity/piece of cheese that's there for the taking, if you want it enough. Or something.

One thing to consider about Edler: he's 27. So, probably heading into his prime. (Ericsson didn't come around until he was 28ish, which is pretty much normal for defensemen.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#72 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

The thought of

Kronwall-Edler
Ericsson-Deke
Smith-Lashoff

Has me all giddy
Weiss + Tatar + 1st

They can move Kesler to the wing. Canucks try to score off the rush suits Weiss game more. Helps there scoring

#73 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

Then we are pretty much locked up for a while with all our useless players coming off the books and we'd have money to sign a guy like Vanek or Moulson. Just re-do that whole Weiss signing and forget it ever happened

#74 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Then we are pretty much locked up for a while with all our useless players coming off the books and we'd have money to sign a guy like Vanek or Moulson. Just re-do that whole Weiss signing and forget it ever happened

I wish. I'm afraid my friend that Weiss will be stuck here for 4 more seasons. Will he pick up his game? Who knows. He sure looks god awful, I have my doubts for him.
Posted Image

#75 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

I would love to have Edler on this team. He would fit in nicely with the rest of the Swedes and he would look good on our PP. Like the rest of you though I don't want to lose Nyquist or Tatar....

#76 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Vancouver has a terrible PP and scoring issues. Maybe they could take Sammy off our hands given his history with the Sedins. A lot of salary would have to go the Canucks way for this trade to happen

#77 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

The thought of

Kronwall-Edler
Ericsson-Deke
Smith-Lashoff

Has me all giddy
Weiss + Tatar + 1st

They can move Kesler to the wing. Canucks try to score off the rush suits Weiss game more. Helps there scoring

Where's Kindl? I could see him being part of the trade, but if we keep him, he gets a spot over Lashoff.

#78 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

Where's Kindl? I could see him being part of the trade, but if we keep him, he gets a spot over Lashoff.

The thought of
Kronwall-Edler
Ericsson-Deke
Smith-Lashoff
Has me all giddyWeiss + Tatar + 1st

doubt Vancouver would take on Weiss

#79 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Idk Lashoff is a rock. The prototypical 6th defensemen. I don't really like Kindl tbh

doubt Vancouver would take on Weiss

Probably right. Fact is other teams can offer a better package then us. One can dream. I wouldn't be surprised if Holland went aggressive for him though. He hasn't made a big splash this decade

#80 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

Elder would be cool but I don't know what he has left on his deal and how much. May have to wait til the offseason to make a splash