• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

CBC partners with Rogers in landmark NHL rights deal.

Rate this topic

Whats wrong with Stroumbo?? I think he's one of the best tv personalities out there.

Breath of fresh air for a change.

Non hockey guy, sometimes wearing earrings as a male!!! HNIC is Maclean and Don Cherry it works perfectly so why mess with it? God I hate the deal even more now.

Non hockey guy, sometimes wearing earrings as a male!!! HNIC is Maclean and Don Cherry it works perfectly so why mess with it? God I hate the deal even more now.

What makes him a "non-hockey guy"? Because he doesn't work on Sportsnet? Would you prefer Nick Kypreos?

Stroumbo is obsessed with hockey. Especially Canadian hockey which is why he's perfect for the job.

I could care less about his fashion choices.

Scott Moore, president of Sportsnet and NHL properties for Rogers, introduced the “top line” of his hockey broadcasting scene during a live telecast from the CBC studios. While the CBC may have been “where the tradition of broadcasting hockey began,” Moore said, he’s hoping to bring a “fresh face” to the game.

Hockey fans can look forward to big games being broadcast on different channels such as Citytv and on additional days, including Sunday, Moore said. More announcements to come will include new technology for mobile devices.

Five-hundred games a season?

This might be a deal with the Devil, more so for Canadians.

Scott Moore doesn't have much time to find his other "lines". The auditions could make for a pretty decent pay-per-view.

What makes him a "non-hockey guy"? Because he doesn't work on Sportsnet? Would you prefer Nick Kypreos?

Stroumbo is obsessed with hockey. Especially Canadian hockey which is why he's perfect for the job.

I could care less about his fashion choices.

He is known as an interviewer for different sports and that's about it. This has nothing to do with "fashion" a male wearing earrings is not something for prime time TV, when kids and younger people are watching, same goes for stuff like Tatoos..

Rogers doesn't know how to create a first class product and it will show next year, I'm already missing tsn.

Edited by frankgrimes

He is known as an interviewer for different sports and that's about it. This has nothing to do with "fashion" a male wearing earrings is not something for prime time TV, when kids and younger people are watching, same goes for stuff like Tatoos..

Rogers doesn't know how to create a first class product and it will show next year, I'm already missing tsn.

Ron Maclean was a weather man before he became one of the faces of HNIC.

I am going to restrain myself from saying anything about your earring and tatoo comment...

From CBC:

Funding shortfalls and revenue losses have forced CBC/Radio-Canada to cut $130 million from its budget this year, a move that will eliminate 657 jobs over the next two years and take the network out of competing for the rights to broadcast professional sports, the public broadcaster announced on Thursday.

CBC said it could no longer compete against private broadcasters that have specialty sports channels and multiple media platforms. The result will mean fewer sporting events will be covered, including amateur sports. But the CBC will still compete for sporting events of national significance, like the Olympics.

Among the cuts, English Services will slash $82 million from its budget and eliminate 334 full-time jobs.

Really..?

I don't have earrings or tattoos and probably never will, but there is absoloutely NOTHING wrong with either.

This is nothing close to a bad influence for children which seems to be what you are suggesting.

As per the deal, I too miss TSN because everyone with that station lives and breathes hockey. I've never been a fan of sportsnet... havn't even been watching highlights this year just because of how dry it is

From CBC:

Funding shortfalls and revenue losses have forced CBC/Radio-Canada to cut $130 million from its budget this year, a move that will eliminate 657 jobs over the next two years and take the network out of competing for the rights to broadcast professional sports, the public broadcaster announced on Thursday.

CBC said it could no longer compete against private broadcasters that have specialty sports channels and multiple media platforms. The result will mean fewer sporting events will be covered, including amateur sports. But the CBC will still compete for sporting events of national significance, like the Olympics.

Among the cuts, English Services will slash $82 million from its budget and eliminate 334 full-time jobs.

Let's all hope this Stupid Nadir guy and his evil Rogers rights are going go flop hard. Maybe then then the NHL will understand what a crappy deal this is going to be. Sportsnet flatout sucks, the arguments look forced/scripted and the hosts are a big joke.

Hopefully TSN will get the rights back after Rogers bombed hard f*** them

From CBC:

This breaks my heart. I grew up with CBC and it's my go-to when Wings aren't playing. Say what you will about the crew, I'll take CBC over NBC any day. Plus I get to watch out-of-market games, which will no longer be the case. WOW doesn't offer NHL Network or Center Ice.

From newswire dot ca:

Rogers today announced the four big voices who will guide hockey fans through all of the upcoming memorable on-ice moments, beginning with the 2014/15 NHL season. Jim Hughson, Dave Randorf,Paul Romanuk and Bob Cole will call play-by-play for NHL national games across all Rogers properties, as well as Hockey Night in Canada, this coming fall. The announcement was made today as part of the 2014 Rogers Upfront.

Turns out Rogers might have overpaid and now they fear some losses. Man I hope they lose big and the nhl does too would serve them right for pissing on a loyal supporter with a great product in TSN

There is much fear the company overpaid for the deal, as the Rogers-BCE Inc., consortium did several years ago for the Olympic rights and wasn’t able to turn a profit. Cost-cutting is the management mantra, which led to a steady stream of layoffs and firings.The trouble for Rogers is that it only has two ways to earn revenue on the package – selling advertising and attracting new subscribers for its networks that will carry the games. It is possible the company could ask the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission for permission to raise its cable fees but people in the industry do not believe the CRTC would agree.So the heat is on Rogers’ advertising sales staff and viewers can expect to see all of the best games outside of Saturday night on the Sportsnet and City networks in order to entice people to sign up.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/outdoor-games-rogers-deal-fuel-surge-in-revenue-for-nhl-clubs/article20054741/Good times ahead *laughs * Edited by frankgrimes

It was so nice to see that greed and suits deciding over hockey deals aren't always winners. Rogers and the nhl will lose heavily we ad fans will have to deal with questionable on air personalities, low quality production and a bunch of advertisements trying to push Rogers crap

It was so nice to see that greed and suits deciding over hockey deals aren't always winners. Rogers and the nhl will lose heavily we ad fans will have to deal with questionable on air personalities, low quality production and a bunch of advertisements trying to push Rogers crap

They've got Jim Hughson and Bob Cole doing play by play. They're not questionable. Or are you talking about presenters?

Still, I agree. Didn't like the fact that Rogers got the deal in the first place. Add me to the list of cheerers for it going sour.