Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pre-game discussion 11/27 Bruins: Dats out. Gus in.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

http://kuklaskorner....-out-vs.-bruins

Fun fun fun.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#2 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

And the NHL continues to look like a bunch of clowns for not suspending Cowen.

#3 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Well we lose tomorrow now.

#4 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

you have to wonder...where is the " clean up the hits to the head" section of the rule book.

im thinking it is hanging out with the zapruder film.

that is a blatant disregard of the statement the NHL is making.

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#5 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

This is just awful news

#6 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

Why have we not signed a scapegoat yet?  Toots will get the call on Friday.  *rrasco wakes up*

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#7 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Don't know if this is the right place to put it but Howard also won't start.

Per KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive

Babcock said Gustavsson starting tomorrow vs. Boston

and also 

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive

Babcock said there is no goalie controversy. They're going only as far as Howard takes them. But Howard needs a breather to regroup.

Good decision. The Monster was the better goalie so far in this season. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#8 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

This is just awful news

That it is. Especially because it likely means he's out for at least a week, in accordance with The Protocol. (I love that it's called "the protocol.")

On the "bright" side: 1) he's old and could use the rest, and 2) he and Z have been carrying this team on their backs, so now everyone's gonna have to step up, no more freeloading, no more underachieving, no more sucking.

Edited by Dabura, 26 November 2013 - 12:48 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#9 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

The "unintentional" excuse for the elbow is bulls***. As an NHL player you need to be in control of your body at all times and if you aren't and it results in injury - you deserve to be suspended and learn to be in control from now on. This hit was SO different from the Ryan hit that Shanny cited. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#10 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

Yikes this is not good, no Pav and no Bert means that Sammy and Cleary's ice time numbers will increase. Which is the worst news of all. I'm scared to watch this game, but hey maybe a miracle will happen.

#11 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Don't know if this is the right place to put it but Howard also won't start.

Per KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

and also 

Good decision. The Monster was the better goalie so far in this season. 

Wow, ballsy decision by Babcock, but all things considered, probably the right one.

Sucks for Pavel but (trying desperately to find a silver lining) gives Z a chance to get his name out there as a Hart candidate.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#12 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

I'm hoping this is just precautionary league protocol stuff like Holland is saying and not something seriously long-term. I keep thinking back to how the Hedman and Steckel hits on Crosby looked at the time.

I'm also wishing really bad things on Cowen. Not very classy I know. But f*** him. The big slow-footed dummy couldn't keep up with Datsyuk and instead of falling down like Couture, decided an elbow to the face was a good idea.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#13 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

All that praise Mr. Rules Shanny gave Datsyuk on thursdays telecast, only to have him knocked out with a headshot that goes un noticed. Conspiracy. 

#14 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

The following opinion ma not be popular but personally I think so far the monster outplayed Howard, so he deserves the game against Boston.

As for Pasha:

4 days Kenny...get a mean SOB I want him to go Probert Koccur style on Cowen, Neil and one of their starplayers. I'd rather see Spezza, Cowen, Neil out than two points against Ottawa.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#15 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

I've been thinking...is Pasha really out b/c of the elbow to the head, or is it something else?  He had that near huge collision down low in the corner, forgot who it was, mostly missed him, but could be?  Just wondering maybe they are hiding the injury behind an ulterior cause.

#16 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

I've been thinking...is Pasha really out b/c of the elbow to the head, or is it something else?  He had that near huge collision down low in the corner, forgot who it was, mostly missed him, but could be?  Just wondering maybe they are hiding the injury behind an ulterior cause.

The check from Methot? I hate to say it, but I thought it was a clean just hard one.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#17 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

The check from Methot? I hate to say it, but I thought it was a clean just hard one.

IDK who it was, it was the one he mostly missed and hit his own back on the boards/glass.  I think Dats fell out of the way for the most part, I just know I cringed when I saw it (as I usually do when our guys get plowed over).  I wasn't saying it was dirty, just saying maybe that's where he really got hurt (not implying its even a head injury).

#18 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Too bad for Dats!  I hope he gets feeling better soon.  I do like the idea of starting Monster, I felt Babs should have rode his win streak the last time but pulled him early so here is to Monster starting another one :ok: 

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#19 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

The following opinion ma not be popular but personally I think so far the monster outplayed Howard, so he deserves the game against Boston.

No, you're right.. monster has looked great. Hopefully Howie gets it together though because his ceiling is much higher.. but no offense to Gus, I do like him too

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#20 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

The "unintentional" excuse for the elbow is bulls***. As an NHL player you need to be in control of your body at all times and if you aren't and it results in injury - you deserve to be suspended and learn to be in control from now on. This hit was SO different from the Ryan hit that Shanny cited. 

Aside from that, it was SO intentional imo.  He absolutely did not have to stick the elbow out there and it was not a normal or natural way of movement based on what he was doing.  He ended up doing exactly what he wanted to - elbow Datsyuk.  Now, an argument could be made that he wasn't necessarily going for the head, but Cowen was definitely trying to hit Dats with the elbow purposefully.

I'm with others.  No penalty and no suspension means open season to take a run at Cowen and Spezza or Ryan.