• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Pre-game discussion 11/27 Bruins: Dats out. Gus in.

Rate this topic

you have to wonder...where is the " clean up the hits to the head" section of the rule book.

im thinking it is hanging out with the zapruder film.

that is a blatant disregard of the statement the NHL is making.

Don't know if this is the right place to put it but Howard also won't start.

Per KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Ansar Khan@AnsarKhanMLive

Babcock said Gustavsson starting tomorrow vs. Boston

and also

Ansar Khan@AnsarKhanMLive

Babcock said there is no goalie controversy. They're going only as far as Howard takes them. But Howard needs a breather to regroup.

Good decision. The Monster was the better goalie so far in this season.

This is just awful news

That it is. Especially because it likely means he's out for at least a week, in accordance with The Protocol. (I love that it's called "the protocol.")

On the "bright" side: 1) he's old and could use the rest, and 2) he and Z have been carrying this team on their backs, so now everyone's gonna have to step up, no more freeloading, no more underachieving, no more sucking.

Edited by Dabura

The "unintentional" excuse for the elbow is bulls***. As an NHL player you need to be in control of your body at all times and if you aren't and it results in injury - you deserve to be suspended and learn to be in control from now on. This hit was SO different from the Ryan hit that Shanny cited.

Don't know if this is the right place to put it but Howard also won't start.

Per KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

and also

Good decision. The Monster was the better goalie so far in this season.

Wow, ballsy decision by Babcock, but all things considered, probably the right one.

Sucks for Pavel but (trying desperately to find a silver lining) gives Z a chance to get his name out there as a Hart candidate.

I'm hoping this is just precautionary league protocol stuff like Holland is saying and not something seriously long-term. I keep thinking back to how the Hedman and Steckel hits on Crosby looked at the time.

I'm also wishing really bad things on Cowen. Not very classy I know. But f*** him. The big slow-footed dummy couldn't keep up with Datsyuk and instead of falling down like Couture, decided an elbow to the face was a good idea.

The following opinion ma not be popular but personally I think so far the monster outplayed Howard, so he deserves the game against Boston.

As for Pasha:

4 days Kenny...get a mean SOB I want him to go Probert Koccur style on Cowen, Neil and one of their starplayers. I'd rather see Spezza, Cowen, Neil out than two points against Ottawa.

I've been thinking...is Pasha really out b/c of the elbow to the head, or is it something else? He had that near huge collision down low in the corner, forgot who it was, mostly missed him, but could be? Just wondering maybe they are hiding the injury behind an ulterior cause.

I've been thinking...is Pasha really out b/c of the elbow to the head, or is it something else? He had that near huge collision down low in the corner, forgot who it was, mostly missed him, but could be? Just wondering maybe they are hiding the injury behind an ulterior cause.

The check from Methot? I hate to say it, but I thought it was a clean just hard one.

The check from Methot? I hate to say it, but I thought it was a clean just hard one.

IDK who it was, it was the one he mostly missed and hit his own back on the boards/glass. I think Dats fell out of the way for the most part, I just know I cringed when I saw it (as I usually do when our guys get plowed over). I wasn't saying it was dirty, just saying maybe that's where he really got hurt (not implying its even a head injury).

The following opinion ma not be popular but personally I think so far the monster outplayed Howard, so he deserves the game against Boston.

No, you're right.. monster has looked great. Hopefully Howie gets it together though because his ceiling is much higher.. but no offense to Gus, I do like him too

The "unintentional" excuse for the elbow is bulls***. As an NHL player you need to be in control of your body at all times and if you aren't and it results in injury - you deserve to be suspended and learn to be in control from now on. This hit was SO different from the Ryan hit that Shanny cited.

Aside from that, it was SO intentional imo. He absolutely did not have to stick the elbow out there and it was not a normal or natural way of movement based on what he was doing. He ended up doing exactly what he wanted to - elbow Datsyuk. Now, an argument could be made that he wasn't necessarily going for the head, but Cowen was definitely trying to hit Dats with the elbow purposefully.

I'm with others. No penalty and no suspension means open season to take a run at Cowen and Spezza or Ryan.

I'm hoping this is just precautionary league protocol stuff like Holland is saying and not something seriously long-term. I keep thinking back to how the Hedman and Steckel hits on Crosby looked at the time.

I'm also wishing really bad things on Cowen. Not very classy I know. But f*** him. The big slow-footed dummy couldn't keep up with Datsyuk and instead of falling down like Couture, decided an elbow to the face was a good idea.

I think you mean you want Spezza or Ryan to try to move out of a hit, this allows any player to through fists, elbows, sticks, it doesn't matter so long as the other person didn't want to be hit it is there fault.

Howard is so bad at tracking the puck. If he just took away the bottom of the net when there's a scrum in front of him he would have allowed like 8 less goals this season.

And his reading the play is off he has tunnel vision to the puck like if there's a odd man rush if the pass gets made there's usually a wide open net to shoot at

Edited by joesuffP

Howard is so bad at tracking the puck. If he just took away the bottom of the net when there's a scrum in front of him he would have allowed like 8 less goals this season.

And his reading the play is off he has tunnel vision to the puck like if there's a odd man rush if the pass gets made there's usually a wide open net to shoot at

his positioning this year has been a complete joke. He looks lost out there some nights.

I agree that Howard has not been very solid this year overall.

However, it seems like I am the only one who thinks Monster has looked pretty poor too? He got wins and made some huge stops, but a lot of the time he had NO idea where the puck was, was having a lot of trouble tracking the puck, handling the puck, and at times looked just plain scared.

Glad that I'm in the minority, because it probably means I'm just wrong. :bye:

WOW, I've been busy lately and missed last game and haven't had time til now to catch up, but had that hit happened to say Crosby.....there would have been serious repercussions. I REALLY hate the way the NHL operates now days. What happened to zero tolerance on headshots? that was as blatantly purposeful as it gets. Not to mention the cross check to his back seconds before. SMGDH...i just....I'm about done with this joke of a league.