• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Pre-game discussion 11/27 Bruins: Dats out. Gus in.

Rate this topic

I agree that Howard has not been very solid this year overall.

However, it seems like I am the only one who thinks Monster has looked pretty poor too? He got wins and made some huge stops, but a lot of the time he had NO idea where the puck was, was having a lot of trouble tracking the puck, handling the puck, and at times looked just plain scared.

Glad that I'm in the minority, because it probably means I'm just wrong. :bye:

I've seen the same thing.

Lucky for Gus, being a good goalie doesn't always mean sound fundamentals, and when Gustavson gets lost, the puck is still finding ways to hit him or a nearby Red Wing. Unfortunately Jimmy hasn't been so lucky.

Howard is so bad at tracking the puck. If he just took away the bottom of the net when there's a scrum in front of him he would have allowed like 8 less goals this season.

And his reading the play is off he has tunnel vision to the puck like if there's a odd man rush if the pass gets made there's usually a wide open net to shoot at

He comes way out to cut the angles down which is great if he is steering pucks into the corners..if he's not and rebounds are dropping down in front of him and our d are standing around it's going to end up in the net more times than not.

I've seen the same thing.

Lucky for Gus, being a good goalie doesn't always mean sound fundamentals, and when Gustavson gets lost, the puck is still finding ways to hit him or a nearby Red Wing. Unfortunately Jimmy hasn't been so lucky.

Monster is getting the job done, Jimmy isn't. I think that's the bottom line. Doesn't mean Jimmy isn't the better goalie, doesn't mean Jimmy isn't our true #1. Jimmy's just having a rough go of it this season, so Babs is playing the "hot hand," the guy who's getting it done, even if he does kinda suck and even if he is getting lucky. Message sent to Jimmy? Maybe, but I don't think that's really the point.

I decided to look back at the shift that in which Pasha was hurt in. A clear cross check, followed by a slash, and followed by the deliberate elbow to the head in the same shift. Every Wings fan needs to remember that when the Wings play a team from Canada, well we should know that by now.

It's not going to be a nice game when the Bruins know that they can get away with any cheap shot or illegal hit and they won't be called for it because there is absolutely not one Wing that can stand up to them.

With Pavel out this team looks even more pedestrian. If he doesn't return soon, we will be in serious trouble.

I just keep telling myself this is a good thing, in the big picture. We need, need, need guys not named Datsyuk or Zetterberg to step up, and now all of them have to, because Datsyuk is that important to the team.

If we can beat the Bruins without Datsyuk's help, that's huge for us.

It's not going to be a nice game when the Bruins know that they can get away with any cheap shot or illegal hit and they won't be called for it because there is absolutely not one Wing that can stand up to them.

TBH, if I'm Paul McClean, I'm probably not at all happy with "the incident." He knows the Wings. He knows we only have one response to that kind of thing, and it's winning.

Same with Julien, I imagine.

The fact that Coward hasn't been suspended is a F@#$ing joke!

We better retaliate on Sunday

It's official, the league has it out for our stars. First Shea with the hulk smash on z only gets him a fine, now cowen chicken wings pasha, and gets absolutely no punishment

Y'know, anything short of a Lemieux-on-Draper and I think I'm gonna have a hard time really hating the Bruins. The more I watch them and read about them, the more they remind me of the Wings when they were the class of the West. This is a really, really good team that doesn't f*** around.

It's official, the league has it out for our stars. First Shea with the hulk smash on z only gets him a fine, now cowen chicken wings pasha, and gets absolutely no punishment

Really very strange why not. The more we all see it the more it is more then obvious that it is the complete definition of elbow to the head with intent to injure...You do not elbow someone right in the face and think aw he'll be fine, guys a goon he first cross checked dats, then elbowed his chin & then at the end runs at Smith from behind, he moved and Cowen smashed into the boards, but watch it again I swear he was running him into the glass from behind.

Monster gives crazy juicy rebounds, D will have to clear the puck, block shots, and forwards will have to be tight on face offs tonight

Howard has always had his ups and downs, and yes, this year he has had an issue tracking the puck

Edited by Rivalred

I think the decision to start Monster is absolutely correct, but to be honest, he has looked just as lost as Howard positionally many times, the only difference is the opposition didnt score. This should even out during a full season.

Now regarding Datsyuk's injury and the game vs Ottawa in general -imagine if this was the playoffs? A best of seven vs Ottawa would kill Detroit. Kenny better wake up and make some changes to the roster.

Howie changing things up to bring some better puck luck?

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 1h

Wings' Jimmy Howard breaking in a new mask in practice. He is backing up Jonas Gustavsson tonight. pic.twitter.com/c5eGzLu3CA

Better puck luck? With an ugly all-white mask? Someone should just give him Hasek or Osgood's old helmet. :lol:

Edited by rick zombo

For all those calling for the Sens to pay on Saturday, I will ask a question. Whom on our team do you expect to make them pay? We don't have enough toughness to make it happen. Abby and E are our best and Neil can most likely whip both of them at the same time.

This is why many of us have been asking for more size and toughness to be added to the team. Holland refuses, and now after one of our stars have been hurt, all we can do (as fans and the team) is whine like little girls about how unfair it is.

For all those calling for the Sens to pay on Saturday, I will ask a question. Whom on our team do you expect to make them pay? We don't have enough toughness to make it happen. Abby and E are our best and Neil can most likely whip both of them at the same time.

This is why many of us have been asking for more size and toughness to be added to the team. Holland refuses, and now after one of our stars have been hurt, all we can do (as fans and the team) is whine like little girls about how unfair it is.

Tonight Lucic, McQuaid, Thornton, Chara and if they call him up Pierre Luc Lebland good times await this team..

as for Neil you are right and that's why some people are calling for an enforcer not named PP :)

Tonight Lucic, McQuaid, Thornton, Chara and if they call him up Pierre Luc Lebland good times await this team..

as for Neil you are right and that's why some people are calling for an enforcer not named PP :)

Yup, preaching to the choir my friend.