• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Looking for advice/attending a Wings home game

Rate this topic

I almost forgot to tell you...there is no pair of ear plugs in the world that can drown out Karen Newman's caterwauling. Be warned. I'm honestly surprised the ASPCA hasn't got her for animal cruelty when she "sings". As my housemate says, she must have incriminating photos of someone.

Okay, I performed my public service for today.

I almost forgot to tell you...there is no pair of ear plugs in the world that can drown out Karen Newman's caterwauling. Be warned. I'm honestly surprised the ASPCA hasn't got her for animal cruelty when she "sings". As my housemate says, she must have incriminating photos of someone.

:lol:

I used to like her back in the day, but she is definitely past her expiration date.

Count me in as another one recommending doing the dueling coney dogs! I'm a vegetarian now, but growing up I was an American's girl. I also kind of think Slows is overrated, but then again I've never really been into BBQ.

And like others have said, no need to be scared. Play it smart, stick to the main, busy streets and you shouldn't have any problems! Enjoy!

My dad is 67 years old, and he has a massive crush on Karen. Seeing her live will be a thrill for him. LOL

She has gone down hill IMO. Love is blind, I guess :)

Anyone eat at Slow’s BBQ? Is it as good as they say?

Yes. It's very good. Not quite as good as Memphis, but very very good and well worth a stop. Go early and before you get hungry because there is always a line. Someone else mentioned Astoria, which I love as well.

I would like to say that if you are a cultured kind of group, the Diego Rivera murals at the Detroit Institute of Art are worth the price of entry. But I like art, so your mileage may very.

I just moved to Detroit a few months ago but my friend and I move around most parts of town without feeling threatened. We're also females. As someone said, use a GPS and when the lights go away, turn around. This is really NOT the city to get lost in.

Make sure you take a lot of quarters if you plan on using the people mover. It's 75 cents a ride and not all of the change machines work.

I love Cheli's chili. And there's a pretty nice beer selection as well. They have a shuttle to the Joe as well.

Walk down Woodward a bit just for fun. There are actually people in Detroit. I was shocked the first time I walked around.

If you like bread bakery stuff, go to Avalon. It's good stuff.

Have a great trip!

My dad is 67 years old, and he has a massive crush on Karen. Seeing her live will be a thrill for him. LOL

She has gone down hill IMO. Love is blind, I guess :)

You can look at her, but the minute she opens her mouth, oh God... :scared: My dog leaves the room when we're home. At least there I can hit the mute button. Just be warned. Make sure you have antacids on you. They may be necessary.

Priceline a fancy hotel downtown. Most likely you'll land in the Renaissance center, which is always empty and looking for visitors on that site. The People mover stop is right inside the building. You can people move straight to the Joe from there. It's only a couple stops away. People mover will take you to Greektown too for food.

Priceline wont do you wrong in Detroit as long as you pick only the downtown area.

Driving brings its usual problems of idiots who don't know how to drive in the first place. But I would definitely have my own set of wheels. It makes it a lot easier to get around.

I've never had a problem downtown after dark. I guess it just depends on what's going on and the weather.

I have lived here my whole life and I still find it difficult to drive in downtown Detroit! Many of the streets are one-way streets, and as there is very little police presence in the city lately, I have begun seeing people continue driving through red lights, or stop for a second, look both ways, then roll through the red light. Another time I was driving at night and there were 2 man-hole covers that were completely removed, leaving huge gaping holes in the ground. Sadly, I watched a brand new Camarro drive right over one going about 40 and jerk/crash to a stop ashis front right tire sank into it. Sketchy :\ . If you are planning on driving, please, please, PLEASE be safe doing so! I have had too many problems driving in that city to even count them anymore.