• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

11/27 GDT: Bruins 1 at Red Wings 6

Rate this topic

He never said Monster was going to play every game from now on - Jimmy still has to be given opportunities to play his way back into form. 2 starts for Monster, 1 for Jimmy is a fair ratio for now.

Heard Babs afterwards ... Howie is going back in for Islanders ... what happened to don't screw around with a winning formula :<.

Just because a goalie is hot doesn't mean the other goalie shouldn't get the chance... I think the Isles are a better team to get your confidence back with than the Senators.

Jimmy's starting against the Islanders. Monster's starting against the Senators.

Why go that way? Well, consider:

- Monster is 6-0-1. That one loss came against...the Islanders

- Jimmy has had some rough games. At least one of them was against...the Senators

I assume that's more or less the logic Babs is using.

Edited by Dabura

When Jimmy is at the top of his game he is worth his contract. But, more often then not he isn't. His deal will never be a steal and chances are if he continues the trend of his career and doesn't grow as a goalie this will be an overpayment. He got paid for what we've all seen he's capable of.

This franchise has never been afraid to bench goalies like Hasek, Cujo or Osgood. Don't know why it would be any different with Jimmy "freaking" Howard.

If Gustavsson is a better goalie right now, then he needs to start most of the games.

If it were March I'd agree, but there's a reason Gustavsson is a backup and Jimmy is a starter.

Howard hasn't been great while Monster has been solid. But this team is better with Howard playing at the top of his game, so the goal is to get him there.