• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PredsFanTheBayouState

Shea Weber leaves game with Injury

Rate this topic

We hear ya, but a Weber thread here was probably not your best bet. While most here would agree no one wishes anyone a puck to the face, there are many who will be hard pressed to work up any real sympathy for Shea. Pretty much anybody else on the Preds but him. We were trying to figure out a way to get him away from Nashville until his attack on Hank. He cost the Preds a lot of good will around here, and I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon if I were you.

Yeah,Your right posting this thread probably was not the best idea,but i wasn't looking for symapthy for shea,i understand that y'all dislike weber for what he did to hank,but don't hate the rest preds team for what weber did,they did not play any part in it.

Still like rooting for the wings though

Yeah,Your right posting this thread probably was not the best idea,but i wasn't looking for symapthy for shea,i understand that y'all dislike weber for what he did to hank,but don't hate the rest preds team for what weber did,they did not play any part in it.

I don't think anyone here hates the Preds. In fact there's probably a good amount of respect for them.

I think it has more to do with the fact that this is a Wings site with Wings fans and we all come here for Wings news and other major headlines. Not so much injury updates from teams we rarely play now.

For the record I love Weber, being Canadian and all. I wish him a speedy recovery and can't wait for him at the Olympics.

A lot of them were laughing it up when Weber made fun of the turnbuckle smash in practice afterwards, so sorry, the rest of the team doesn't get a pass. (Seth Jones being an exception since he wasn't on the team at the time).

I never like seeing anyone take a puck to the face like that.

As much as I disliked Weber's head smash on Hank, I was angrier about the lack of punishment. He's one of those guys who sometimes plays on the edge, he just should've paid the price for it, both from the Wings and the league.

I'd still take Weber on the Wings in a heartbeat. Hank could smash his face into the glass during practice and they can call it even.

Well, tbh, you have to blame Shanahan for not coming down on Weber.

I do.

I think hes overcompensating for the fact that he used to be a wing, and prove hes not giving preferential treatment to them.

He's soiled his sheets twice on clear cut suspensions, its embarrassing.

There's really no comparison between Weber purposefully slamming Z's head into the glass --and then laughing and joking about it with team mates later, for the cameras to catch -- and other less intentional injuries inflicted during the heat of a game, as with the head shot to Datsyuk. Much as I hate that Pasha is injured, I don't believe Cowen's act was as intentional. He might be pleased after the fact that he got away with it, but I am not sure he's smart enough to plan that action out as a way to remove Datsyuk from the ice.

Weber didn't 'deserve' a puck to the face, of course, as retribution for his low-class action toward our Captain. It deserved punishment from the league, needless to say, and didn't speak well of Weber's character.

Does Shanahan skew his judgments, or lack thereof, when a Wing is the victim? Why, yes, it does appear that way. Disappointing.

Can't believe some of you are still butt hurt over what Weber did to Z. I'd take Weber on the Wings in a heart beat. It wasn't that big of deal. Sure I was upset that night but let it go

I will never let it go. Just as I will never forgive coward Cowen

Can't believe some of you are still butt hurt over what Weber did to Z. I'd take Weber on the Wings in a heart beat. It wasn't that big of deal. Sure I was upset that night but let it go

Welcome to the forum.

You're new here so I'll explain. Most people here NEVER forget dirty plays that cause injury to any of our Red Wings.

Welcome to the forum.

You're new here so I'll explain. Most people here NEVER forget dirty plays that cause injury to any of our Red Wings.

Thanks, but I've been a member since 01 I think. Just lost password to my old Ocalaflorida moniker. Changed it too Maynard once I moved to Nashville. Anyways,I doubt Z even holds grudge for that anymore if he ever did. And just cause I live in Nashville they are my least favorite team. I'm originally from Farmington.

This cracked me up. Not the post, but the right corner...

"predsfan likes this"

lol

Lol, where do you see that? It's not visible on mobile app I guess.

Well....um....Welcome back! :lol:

Thanks! ;-) I read a lot on here just dont say much Edited by MaynardJmzKeenan