• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PredsFanTheBayouState

Shea Weber leaves game with Injury

Rate this topic

I liked that posted,because i agree with the post,but i know that y'all guys won't ever let it go,unless shea weber becomes a red wing

Well, when Pavel Datsyuk grabs one of your guys and smashes his head into the glass a couple times and gets a $2,500 fine, you get back to me on how forgiving you are, whether he's hurt or not. It's about respect - respect for players and respect for the game, neither of which Weber displays.

Well, when Pavel Datsyuk grabs one of your guys and smashes his head into the glass a couple times and gets a $2,500 fine, you get back to me on how forgiving you are, whether he's hurt or not. It's about respect - respect for players and respect for the game, neither of which Weber displays.

Shea Weber is a phyiscal player and you can't change that about him,While i agree that what he did to Zetterberg was out of line and should of be suspend for it,But to say that Shea Weber doesn't have respect for the players or the game is just wrong.

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState

TALKING ABOUT THE WEBER INCIDENT MAKES ME WANT TO YELL

Seriously, I can't remember another incident in recent memory that has infuriated me the way that one did. Like Mike Tyson "I'm going to eat his kids" and not in the sexy way kind of infuriated. Like Mike Tyson "I want to bite off Weber's ear and spit it back in his face" kind of infuriated.

BASICALLY MIKE TYSON

Shea Weber is a phyiscal player and you can't change that about him,While i agree that what he did to Zetterberg was out of line and should of be suspend for it,But to say that Shea Weber doesn't have respect for the players or the game is just wrong.

I'm sure he has respect for the game and while he's not exactly Raffi Torres, losing your cool and slamming another players head into the dasher isn't exactly showing a lot of respect for other players. You're going to have a hard time convincing people here otherwise, and understandably so.

This all seems kinda hypocritical considering some of the players we currently employ and have employed in the past.

Especially considering it really wasn't that vicious. Zetterberg was barely phased. I've seen much, much worse intent to injure.

You'd think he shattered his cheek bone or blew his knee out by some of the reactions here.

It's the playoffs and yes lots of violent/dirty stuff happens on both sides. Let's not pretend we're above it and our players have never done anything as bad.

This all seems kinda hypocritical considering some of the players we currently employ and have employed in the past.

Especially considering it really wasn't that vicious. Zetterberg was barely phased. I've seen much, much worse intent to injure.

You'd think he shattered his cheek bone or blew his knee out by some of the reactions here.

It's the playoffs and yes lots of violent/dirty stuff happens on both sides. Let's not pretend we're above it and our players have never done anything as bad.

Wouldn't have happened, with someone like McCarty or Kocur in the lineup and that's my biggest beef with Weber, he is always playing on the edge but never ever backs the stuff up. I've never seen him fighting against McGrattan, Orr, Engelland, MacIntyre, S Thornton aso...to me he seems to be a spotpicker and I don't respect that, earlier it was McKenzie doing the fights for him and lately it seems to be Raves.

Also thanks god, this wasn't anything serious otherwise the "punishment" would have looked even more laughable than the non suspension for Cowen.

Edited by frankgrimes

Wouldn't have happened, with someone like McCarty or Kocur in the lineup and that's my biggest beef with Weber, he is always playing on the edge but never ever backs the stuff up. I've never seen him fighting against McGrattan, Orr, Engelland, MacIntyre, S Thornton aso...to me he seems to be a spotpicker and I don't respect that, earlier it was McKenzie doing the fights for him and lately it seems to be Raves.

Also thanks god, this wasn't anything serious otherwise the "punishment" would have looked even more laughable than the non suspension for Cowen.

Weber doesn't fight because he's a superstar calibre player and his team cannot afford to have him in the box or kicked out.

Why would he waste his time fighting a bunch of scrubs. That would be beyond dumb for the Predators.

Also Kronwall constantly plays on the edge but never fights. Do you feel the same way about him?

Weber would be a fool to take himself off the ice for 5 minutes to go with any of those guys. Any star player who fights should basically be a spot picker, so they either take an equivalent guy with them, or it's a rare occasion to stick up for a teammate.

Weber doesn't fight because he's a superstar calibre player and his team cannot afford to have him in the box or kicked out.

Why would he waste his time fighting a bunch of scrubs. That would be beyond dumb for the Predators.Also Kronwall constantly plays on the edge but never fights. Do you feel the same way about him?

Kronwall is playing on the edge but he never ever goes into DB mode, which Weber does. I mean there is difference between playing hard/tough and act like a complete fool (i.e glasssmash) or going after guys way under the own size. S. Thornton isn't a scrub he can play more than a bit, is a physical presence and has some leadership skills.

just because weber got lucky and there was no injury doesnt make what he did any less douchey. you mention players we have, but i would take a guy like bertuzzi who was just trying to fight a guy and they fell awkwardly over a guy like weber who intentionally smashed a star players face into the glass (and then joked about it with teammates) every day of the week.

we base a lot of our punishment on the outcome and then just ignore the intent or the circumstances. its a stupid way of judging things.

Wouldn't have happened, with someone like McCarty or Kocur in the lineup

100% disagree. You cant 100% say having a goon on the team would prevent anything. More than likely you would have had McCarty or Kocur getting a penalty the next game after going after Weber. Having a goon in todays NHL in no ways deters the cheap shots that are happening. Players dont fear goons. They know if they can get a goon into overreacting they will basically get a free powerplay. The only way McCarty or Kocur would have stopped Weber from doing this was if they were on the ice next to him and sucker punched him before he could grab Zetts. The instigator penalty essentially killed the job of the 2 minute ice time goon.

i would love to go back in time to game 1 and tell weber not smash Zetterberg's head into the glass,Shea weber's name is gonna be linked to this incident forever

Well when he goes as far as joking about it afterwards, it's kind of hard to forgive a guy that doesn't seem too sorry in the first place.