• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Timezown

Weiss

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

Kyle Quincey was a fairly productive defenseman for LA and Colorado, and he's 50 something games into his second stint with the Red Wings, but I don't hear anyone calling for patience and giving him a pass. Jimmy Carson was a superstar with LA and Edmonton and just never could get it together for the Wings. I don't think it's totally unheard of for Free Agents to sign with a new team and never quite find the success that they once had.

As I said before, it's amazing that different players are held to such different standards. Alfredsson and Franzen have the exact same stats, but Alfie's been a huge success and Franzen is a colossal failure and should be bought out. Cleary and Weiss have about the same stats, but Cleary has countless hate threads, and Weiss is defended, though he makes 3 million more than Cleary and has never had a good playoff for the Wings. Can you just imagine the outcry if Filppula had re-signed here and had those stats? Samuelsson sat out most of last season and missed many games the season before, but I don't see anyone calling for patience or making excuses for him. He just sucks, though he's had past success in his career.

Why is it so hard for people to admit Weiss has been bad so far and just leave it at that. No excuses necessary. He may get better or he may not, but he hasn't been good thus far.

No I think Alfie was a bad signing to. Think of what we could have if we didn't have money in franzen Weiss and Alfie Quincey Sammy and cleary...

No I think Alfie was a bad signing to. Think of what we could have if we didn't have money in franzen Weiss and Alfie Quincey Sammy and cleary...

What could we have had? Alfie and Weiss were two of the best in last years UFA class. Are we really going to assume that all the other free agents wanted to come here to??

What exactly do you expect out of Alfie??

Every fan of ever team can list the best free agent signings and say their GM shouldv'e signed those guys.

Building an argument off hindsight and the assumption that everyone wants to come here is obviously full of holes.

What could we have had? Alfie and Weiss were two of the best in last years UFA class. Are we really going to assume that all the other free agents wanted to come here to??

What exactly do you expect out of Alfie??

Every fan of ever team can list the best free agent signings and say their GM shouldv'e signed those guys.

Building an argument off hindsight and the assumption that everyone wants to come here is obviously full of holes.

This. I guess people are still living in the past, where we could just buy all the UFA's. We are in a cap world now, we won't have stacked teams like that anymore. Fans of this team need to learn to deal with parity, it's not going away.

Alfie is awesome Weiss reeks. Brings 0 to the team, one of the worst signings he needs to go ASAP

Yep. Just like Flip needed to go ASAP....

:hammer:

How do we ever lose with helm datsyuk zetterberg and Alfie on same team and healthy? We need to see that happen.

Now that we seen Weiss compared to Flip we got robbed blind. At least Flip skated hustled back checked etc.. And had some good moves. Weiss on the other hand I haven't seen one thing I liked.

Kyle Quincey was a fairly productive defenseman for LA and Colorado, and he's 50 something games into his second stint with the Red Wings, but I don't hear anyone calling for patience and giving him a pass. Jimmy Carson was a superstar with LA and Edmonton and just never could get it together for the Wings. I don't think it's totally unheard of for Free Agents to sign with a new team and never quite find the success that they once had.

Quincey is in his 3rd season here. He's played more than 80 games here. The comparison doesn't work. 25 games is quite a bit different

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Guest Crymson

Remember Madano wearing 90 scored in his first game than the rest of the season was a write off. Weiss looked great his first couple shifts and almost scored and now he looks like a 4th line center

Modano was doing fine until he got his wrist slashed up.

Serious question, can Weiss be bought out after the year? Or does the buyout apply only to players under contract prior to the lockout?

Serious question, can Weiss be bought out after the year? Or does the buyout apply only to players under contract prior to the lockout?

Good question... Man I hope they buy him out tomorrow, just can't get over how bad he is. How did he make nhl? I think emmerton is better and that says a lot!

Weiss is reminding me of BJ Upton after my Braves (my favourite MLB team) signed him to a big 5 year contract last offseason...UGH get it going bud

Ha my favorite baseball teams is the braves as well! He should be able to get it going but playing on the fourth line does absolutely nothing

Ha my favorite baseball teams is the braves as well! He should be able to get it going but playing on the fourth line does absolutely nothing

It'll help him get familiarized with the Wings system. Once he's comfortable I'm sure they give him a bigger role.

I like Weiss and I think the signing when it happened....no doubt he has been a disappointment.

My question is....he is NOT a defensive liability so when we are up 4-0 or 5-0 like we have been the last 2 games, why not try and get him one? Get the monkey off his back. He must be beyond frustrated. Play him of the powerplay. The problem is confidence....he has ZERO and is starting to pass and defer.

If we are up, throw the guy a bone and let him play with Zetty and Franzen or Gus. Get him a goal and they will come.

I like Weiss and I think the signing when it happened....no doubt he has been a disappointment.

My question is....he is NOT a defensive liability so when we are up 4-0 or 5-0 like we have been the last 2 games, why not try and get him one? Get the monkey off his back. He must be beyond frustrated. Play him of the powerplay. The problem is confidence....he has ZERO and is starting to pass and defer.

If we are up, throw the guy a bone and let him play with Zetty and Franzen or Gus. Get him a goal and they will come.

Hopefully when Pavs and Bert return, Weiss is put on a line with them. That way we don't ruin the phenomenal chemistry that the other three lines have also.

Weiss is playing with 2 pylons... hard to notice him. I think playing with Pavs and Bert will do wonders for Weiss in getting his confidence back offensively. Weiss will benefit from the speed and skill of Pavs and obvs just from being on the same line as him. Different pieces of this team are coming together slowly and once all the pieces are in place, they are a team that can go the length.