• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Timezown

Weiss

Rate this topic

All the progress he seemed to be making a while ago is gone. Zero confidence, zero will, all he wants to do is give the puck to someone and go change.

Also his rythm is completely off, he keeps killing offense by making bad plays at the blueline that end up in offsides.

I think he's hanging his head and feeling sorry for himself. His play is pretty uninspired. I don't know anything about the guys character so idk. It would be one thing if he was running around trying to do things and it wasn't working out but he looks like he doesn't want te puck and he wants off the ice as soon as possible

Edited by joesuffP

Guest mjtm77

how many more games could he be this bad and we can still use the old excuse ... well "maybe a change of scenery would do him good" ??

He is a good hockey player who right now is either hurt or has an issue. Doesnt seem comfortable at all and He just is not playing well. I thought he looked decent at best tonight and maybe if he keeps getting ice time it will eventually "click" for him

No confidence for him at all. Something is bothering him. Like others have mentioned he wants to get rid of the puck first chance he gets and be the first off the ice on every shift. Something is a miss. Yes the fact is Weiss is under pressure and should be respectively.

This season so far it ain't happening for Weiss. Sad but true.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

I'm still not concerned, as I think he will come around. With pav and hank out, I do hope it is sooner rather than later. But the guy went from playing in Florida to being in detroit with HBO cameras all over the place. Every 24/7 that has aired so far seemed to have teams playing like s***. Cameras following them ever where is probably a big part of that for some players. Especially a guy who played his entire career in a place that doesn't give two hoots about hockey. He'll come around.

I'm still not concerned, as I think he will come around. With pav and hank out, I do hope it is sooner rather than later. But the guy went from playing in Florida to being in detroit with HBO cameras all over the place. Every 24/7 that has aired so far seemed to have teams playing like s***. Cameras following them ever where is probably a big part of that for some players. Especially a guy who played his entire career in a place that doesn't give two hoots about hockey. He'll come around.

what game do you start getting concerned?? the hbo camera's just started like a week ago, hasnt been there since the start

He just seems unremarkable in every way. I didn't know much about him before but liked his stats and what I heard about him, but so far he's not shown much of anything. He's not fast, he's doesn't have a great shot, he's not strong on the puck, he doesn't win a lot of puck battles, he's not big or physical, he's not anything special defensively, he's not a great playmaker. I've seen a few glimpses of good stickhandling, showing he can beat a guy 1-on-1, but it's been too rare.

Hope he finds his game, fast. I'm really starting to doubt he is a good fit for this team.

I think this is exactly what I said after game 3 of season about him. We are what game 30 almost and it's actually worse now for me and him.. Better hurry up and prove everyone wrong and that he's worth this money. I don't think he's even remotely close to it.

what game do you start getting concerned?? the hbo camera's just started like a week ago, hasnt been there since the start

I don't get concerned. I love the Wings, and watch every game. I root through the good times and the bad. But to get concerned because 1 player on my favourite hockey team is having trouble adjusting? Life is too short to stress over something I have no control over.

We all know what he is capable of. All players go through droughts. His confidence is just not there right now, and when he finally does break through, I'm confident he will break out. He isn;t exactly the first player to go into a scoring drought. And it isn't like he is out there costing the team games night in ad night out. As long as he is playing responsible hockey, than what's to worry about? Be patient. The points will come.

Ah, the classic fan reaction to a new player who struggles out of the gate. Somehow, these 30 games erase every second he's ever played in the NHL. Remarkably, he was never as good as people said, or any good, for that matter.

People, he didn't just forget how to play hockey overnight. We see the stat line. We get it. Beating a dead horse isn't going to make him magically produce. He's a good hockey player who did a lot with a little in Florida. If every player should be bounced 30 games into a 5-year deal for a rough stretch, no one would stick anywhere.

His stats aren't what is most alarming. The way he looks on the ice is what is worrying. I wouldn't be surprised if he's acting all pissy because of the way Babcock is using him. He looked like a great player his first 2 shifts of the year than absolutely nothing and since his return from injury and his extra responsibility now has been even worse

I don't get concerned. I love the Wings, and watch every game. I root through the good times and the bad. But to get concerned because 1 player on my favourite hockey team is having trouble adjusting? Life is too short to stress over something I have no control over.

We all know what he is capable of. All players go through droughts. His confidence is just not there right now, and when he finally does break through, I'm confident he will break out. He isn;t exactly the first player to go into a scoring drought. And it isn't like he is out there costing the team games night in ad night out. As long as he is playing responsible hockey, than what's to worry about? Be patient. The points will come.

as long as hes playing responsible hockey ? hes been playing like he doesnt have any care in the world , no hustle , nothing

i hope he turns it around because he signed a 5 yr deal but i always thought he was overrated ...if he was trying hard and competing every shift i wouldnt be concerned

Actually they were filming for a little while at the beginning of the season as well

well couldnt of been that long , i just heard thursday on hockey central hbo camera's arrived this week film leafs players