• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Timezown

Weiss

Rate this topic

His stats aren't what is most alarming. The way he looks on the ice is what is worrying. I wouldn't be surprised if he's acting all pissy because of the way Babcock is using him. He looked like a great player his first 2 shifts of the year than absolutely nothing and since his return from injury and his extra responsibility now has been even worse

If you mix Robert Lang's work ethic with Dan Cleary's skillset, you get what Steven Weiss has looked like this season.

Weiss has a NMC and a NTC, so he won't be moved. He will come around. Look at who he was playing with, frickin Cleary and Sammy. I agree, now that the big guys are out, he needs to take advantage of this opportunity. He will be fine. He needs to find some chemistry with players that can make him better (not worse like Cleary and Sammy do.)

Weiss has a NMC and a NTC, so he won't be moved. He will come around. Look at who he was playing with, frickin Cleary and Sammy. I agree, now that the big guys are out, he needs to take advantage of this opportunity. He will be fine. He needs to find some chemistry with players that can make him better (not worse like Cleary and Sammy do.)

i laugh when i read that ... he didnt start off the year with cleary and samuelsson , theres a reason hes playing with them

i laugh when i read that ... he didnt start off the year with cleary and samuelsson , theres a reason hes playing with them

Ya cause he got put with franzen who really was playing quite poorly to start the season, and when he didn't click he got shipped to the fourth, he never got to develop any chemistry, and they didn't bother trying him with z or dats. But Cleary got every opportunity and painfully so over the past two seasons to do something while failing miserably, but babs only gave Weiss a dozen or so games.

Ya cause he got put with franzen who really was playing quite poorly to start the season, and when he didn't click he got shipped to the fourth, he never got to develop any chemistry, and they didn't bother trying him with z or dats. But Cleary got every opportunity and painfully so over the past two seasons to do something while failing miserably, but babs only gave Weiss a dozen or so games.

he's been given powerplay opportunities and still done nothing ... hes suppose to be a playmaker but has 2 assists , a good playmaker makes players around them better , you think if kunitz is getting 30+ goals on his own?? maybe weiss just is not this good playmaker people seem to think he is , i havent seen it yet

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Another completely invisible game from Weiss.

I wonder if 24/7 will bring any insight as to what's up with him, or if we'll have to wait until sometime in the future to hear what is really going on. Because at this point there's has to be something seriously wrong with him. A healthy player does not perform this bad after being a solid player for many years.

because babcock is a prick. he started out with Cleary on his 2nd line...i do believe Sammy was up there a bit too. I hear ya, but he needs to be given a chance to play with someone who cares to be here. But Babcock just buries players he doesn't like adn contnues to put broke down guys in the top 6...

Not really. Hell come around, it would be nice if babs showed some faith in him and gave him a legit chance in the top 6 when z and d come back.

4 points in 24 games, and hasn't scored since October 14th. This, for four years, is unfortunate. To say the least.

I'll be excited when Weiss starts performing and people have to eat crow, because it will happen.

I'm starting to wonder if Weiss is like Ray Whitney. Where hes a really good player but just isn't finding his place with the Wings.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler

I'm starting to wonder if Weiss is like Ray Whitney. Where hes a really good player but just isn't finding his place with the Wings.

I thought about that.

Whitney underperformed, but even he wasn't putting up these pathetic numbers. These are enforcer numbers, scoring wise.