• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#181 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

Weiss will be bought out if this kind of play continues. Sammy, Weiss, and Cleary are all big mistakes on behalf of Holland. Maybe Babs plays them together to remind him...lol 

#182 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Weiss will be bought out if this kind of play continues. Sammy, Weiss, and Cleary are all big mistakes on behalf of Holland. Maybe Babs plays them together to remind him...lol 

he already did put them on the powerplay  yesterdau  .... poor tatar was stuck with them

#183 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

I've been a big Weiss booster, but I'm not sure anymore. He was brutally lazy and bad last night. I don't know what happened to him but his old compete level is just gone.

I'm really wondering what the deal is. I smell a buyout coming, compliance or not. If you can't get up to play your old team I don't know what to say.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#184 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

he already did put them on the powerplay  yesterdau  .... poor tatar was stuck with them

and they spent the entire time in our own end -  even the mic commented on the "new line" lol

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#185 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

I hear Toronto's looking for a center... *cough* come on Nonis *cough*

#186 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

I hear Toronto's looking for a center... *cough* come on Nonis *cough*

Due to his ntc, he would have to provide a list of teams he is willing to go to.

#187 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

And I wouldn't want to trade him yet. We are just 1/3 in his first season with the Wings and I simply refuse to believe that a player who scored around 50 points in every year of his career isn't able to produce this number in our system. Plus we still don't know if there is some kind of injury bothering him. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#188 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Maybe he saves his best for the playoffs.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#189 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

For what its worth: http://www.capgeek.c...=06&buyout_d=15

I'm assuming that means he is not a compliance buyout and instead we'll be on the hook for the following cap-hits if we buy Weiss out in June:

2014-15: $2,108,333
2015-16: $608,333
2016-17: $608,333
2017-18: $2,608,333
2018-19: $1,708,333
2019-20: $1,708,333
2020-21: $1,708,333
2021-22: $1,708,333

Overall, not bad, especially since the cap will likely rise in the coming years.

Then again, it probably looks so "good" because this season we are accustom to paying Tootoo $1.9M in the minors, similar with Eaves, another $1.75M for an empty Cleary #71 sweater floating around, and $3M for Samuelsson....

#190 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

Weiss actually looked some what decent. He is playing better and just needs to play big minutes more often for it to click. You guys gotta chill He played a decent game vs the Panthers

Posted Image

#191 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

Franzen will be the one bought out. Book it.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#192 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

Weiss actually looked some what decent. He is playing better and just needs to play big minutes more often for it to click. You guys gotta chill He played a decent game vs the Panthers

Unfortunately, he is 25 games into his stint with the Red Wings and saying "he actually looked somewhat decent" every few weeks is all he has garnered thus far. He saw as much time as he is going to see with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Helm on the shelf and has one assist in the past month to show for it. As those players start to return, his role will be further phased out until he is back between plugs on the 4th line with single-digit minutes.

I wanted Weiss to succeed as much as anyone, and I had really hoped he would take advantage of these last few games. Seeing how he played against the Panthers the other night sealed it for me. If he was ever going to wake up, he would have done it against his former team, but he looked lazy and lost out there. He has a worse PPG than Dan Cleary while being paid to be our 2nd-line center and provide offense.

At this point it would take a miraculous turn around to warrant keeping him at his cap-hit and with the return of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Helm on the horizon and the emergence of Nyquist and Tatar, I don't see how that is even a remote possibility.

#193 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

Unfortunately, he is 25 games into his stint with the Red Wings and saying "he actually looked somewhat decent" every few weeks is all he has garnered thus far. He saw as much time as he is going to see with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Helm on the shelf and has one assist in the past month to show for it. As those players start to return, his role will be further phased out until he is back between plugs on the 4th line with single-digit minutes.

I wanted Weiss to succeed as much as anyone, and I had really hoped he would take advantage of these last few games. Seeing how he played against the Panthers the other night sealed it for me. If he was ever going to wake up, he would have done it against his former team, but he looked lazy and lost out there. He has a worse PPG than Dan Cleary while being paid to be our 2nd-line center and provide offense.

At this point it would take a miraculous turn around to warrant keeping him at his cap-hit and with the return of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Helm on the horizon and the emergence of Nyquist and Tatar, I don't see how that is even a remote possibility.

Weiss is not playing great, but he is playing better. I personally think we should keep playing him tell it clicks. Which ever way and with whom ever. He needs to play. Putting him on the 4th line will just make him crap. And we can't have him craping out the 4th line because he makes too much money. he also has a NMC so he is not going anywhere. I would much rather see him with Z, D or even between nyquist and Tatar. It's evident he DOES NOT click with Alfie.
Posted Image

#194 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

Maybe a trade can be worked out with the TorontoMapleLeafs Weiss for a guy like Gardiner or Clarkson. It was mindblowing hearing Babcock talking about how Weiss needs to fit into the system after the signing, maybe Kenny signed him without asking Babcock if Weiss would be the right player for this team.

This is nothing against the person Weiss but as a player he just doesn't fit so far and if this continues, he will be one of the buyout candidates simple as that. So far Helm has outplayed him in every possible way and with the amount of money Weiss is making, that is unacceptable. If Weiss doesn't score he is useless, the guy is not physical, not big and brings absolutely nothing if he doesn't put up poitns, that's simple not enough for a 5 million annual price tag.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#195 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

Weiss is not playing great, but he is playing better. I personally think we should keep playing him tell it clicks. Which ever way and with whom ever. He needs to play. Putting him on the 4th line will just make him crap. And we can't have him craping out the 4th line because he makes too much money. he also has a NMC so he is not going anywhere. I would much rather see him with Z, D or even between nyquist and Tatar. It's evident he DOES NOT click with Alfie.

What does that say when a guy does nt click with frikin Alfredsson, I mean if you can't click with him, then good luck.

#196 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

Can't wait for his excuses on 24/7. If this continues I'd go for a compliance buyout ASAP

#197 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

Can't wait for his excuses on 24/7. If this continues I'd go for a compliance buyout ASAP

Nvm. Took a look at the new CBA and we can't use a compliance buyout on him (Can only use on contracts signed before Sept 15, 2012). It will be a cap hit of 2,108,333 for the remainder of his contract if we use an ordinary buyout

Would rather have Krupp at this point

#198 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:16 AM

Would like to see this next year

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen
Nyquist - Helm - Tatar
Abdelkader - Andersson - Bertuzzi
Miller - Glendening - Tootoo

Kronwall - Ericsson
Smith - Dekeyser
Kindl - Lashoff

Howard
Gus

If Alfredsson wants to come back I'd obviously be fine with that, a big FA addition wouldn't hurt either. Still a good team though.

#199 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

Would like to see this next year

Abdelkader - Andersson - Bertuzzi

If Alfredsson wants to come back I'd obviously be fine with that, a big FA addition wouldn't hurt either. Still a good team though.

so you want us to resign Bertuzzi?

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#200 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

so you want us to resign Bertuzzi?

I think he still has value. Was good playing with Z and D when we needed him there. Good shootout threat. And he'll be decently cheap.