• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#321 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

He tried to soldier through the injury while others were hurt, but ultimately, couldn't carry on. That's pretty admirable. He doesn't need to be "fixed". Sports hernias seriously hinder a player. You can't expect him to be the same player he always was when he has one. I think it's remarkable he's produced what he has with this injury. He'll be back healthy and then his talent and effort will show through.

Thing is - nobody except Weiss has any clue when this injury happened. He could have had groin issues earlier and a hernia now - you and I don't know. It truly hurts to bend over with a hernia of this nature and I have a hard time believing he played through this all season the way it is. I can't just let him off the hook and say it was admirable. In all honesty, he should have taken it upon himself to sit and get it looked at instead of playing if it affected him to the point where he thought he was a different player.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#322 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,127 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Thing is - nobody except Weiss has any clue when this injury happened. He could have had groin issues earlier and a hernia now - you and I don't know. It truly hurts to bend over with a hernia of this nature and I have a hard time believing he played through this all season the way it is. I can't just let him off the hook and say it was admirable. In all honesty, he should have taken it upon himself to sit and get it looked at instead of playing if it affected him to the point where he thought he was a different player.

So when Cleary Zetterberg and lidstrom were all playing through injuries in the 2012 playoffs, that was admirable, but Weiss trying to help the team even though he was in pain isn't?

#323 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

So when Cleary Zetterberg and lidstrom were all playing through injuries in the 2012 playoffs, that was admirable, but Weiss trying to help the team even though he was in pain isn't?

In his defense, the overall point of his post is that we don't know whether or not Weiss played with this injury this whole season.

#324 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

In his defense, the overall point of his post is that we don't know whether or not Weiss played with this injury this whole season.

And it's an unwritten rule that unless you're limbs are literally falling off, you suck it up and play through it in the playoffs. Because It's the Cup. Whereas no one really cares about the first third of the season. (The Wings certainly don't!)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#325 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,127 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

We took Weiss out for a groin, thought he was healthy and now we dont know if its the same issue thats re-aggravated and its worse because we didnt diagnosis it well.

http://www.sourcenew...ad625163611.txt

Looks like he probably was batting through this injury most of the season

#326 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

It's cool that we might still get the real Stephen Weiss. Though probably not this season.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#327 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

So far Weiss = Modano. Great players for there older teams but just not fitting in. lets hope her turns it around. We only have him for 4 more years.  :nervous:

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#328 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

It's really simple either Weiss turns it around, or his time with the DetroitRedWings is going to be short and ended with a buyout.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#329 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

he wont be a buyout candidate , he could however be part of a trade deal at the end of the year if he dosent improvev when he returns.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#330 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

He definitely was hiding the injury when he signed that contract