• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#161 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

Another completely invisible game from Weiss. 

I wonder if 24/7 will bring any insight as to what's up with him, or if we'll have to wait until sometime in the future to hear what is really going on. Because at this point there's has to be something seriously wrong with him. A healthy player does not perform this bad after being a solid player for many years.

#162 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,245 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

i laugh when i read that ... he didnt start off the year with cleary and samuelsson , theres a reason hes playing with them

because babcock is a prick. he started out with Cleary on his 2nd line...i do believe Sammy was up there a bit too. I hear ya, but he needs to be given a chance to play with someone who cares to be here.  But Babcock just buries players he doesn't like adn contnues to put broke down guys in the top 6...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#163 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Can we waive Weiss?

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#164 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

Can we waive Weiss?

No. He has a no move clause.
I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#165 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

No. He has a no move clause.

yet another unfortunate situation, then.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#166 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

Honestly people I know some of you follow baseball. BJ Upton and Stephen Weiss same thing 

Edited by canadian wings fan, 07 December 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#167 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

yet another unfortunate situation, then.

Not really. Hell come around, it would be nice if babs showed some faith in him and gave him a legit chance in the top 6 when z and d come back.
I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#168 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

Not really. Hell come around, it would be nice if babs showed some faith in him and gave him a legit chance in the top 6 when z and d come back.

Dude he sucks balls

#169 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Dude he sucks balls

He actually doesn't. That's the thing. He's playing poorly but he's quite talented

#170 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

It seems like we have Scott Gomez 2.0 on our hands!

#171 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

It seems like we have Scott Gomez 2.0 on our hands!

At this rate the guy is a buyout candidate for sure

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#172 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

4 points in 24 games, and hasn't scored since October 14th.  This, for four years, is unfortunate.  To say the least. 

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#173 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'll be excited when Weiss starts performing and people have to eat crow, because it will happen.

I'm starting to wonder if Weiss is like Ray Whitney. Where hes a really good player but just isn't finding his place with the Wings.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler, 07 December 2013 - 11:09 PM.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#174 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,159 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

I'm starting to wonder if Weiss is like Ray Whitney. Where hes a really good player but just isn't finding his place with the Wings.

I thought about that.

Whitney underperformed, but even he wasn't putting up these pathetic numbers.  These are enforcer numbers, scoring wise.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#175 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

I think he came back too soon from groin injury. Groin still wonky=can't skate

#176 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:46 AM

That's the thing.  He always seems a step behind.  Even when he does get the puck he doesn't seem strong on it.

I am starting to really wonder how much of a toll injuries have taken on Weiss.  He has/had the skillset for 60 points. I've seen it. Just not recently and not with the Wings.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#177 nawein

nawein

Rookie

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:50 AM

This. Granted I wasn't in anywhere near as good of shape as these guys, but I came back from a groin injury too soon in juniors and wasn't the same the rest of the year. Still bothers me if I have to turn left too fast and it was 3 years ago. He's probably playing hurt and I wouldn't be surprised to once pav and Z come back to see him take some time off. Whether it's disclosed as an injury or not.

#178 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:09 AM

This. Granted I wasn't in anywhere near as good of shape as these guys, but I came back from a groin injury too soon in juniors and wasn't the same the rest of the year. Still bothers me if I have to turn left too fast and it was 3 years ago. He's probably playing hurt and I wouldn't be surprised to once pav and Z come back to see him take some time off. Whether it's disclosed as an injury or not.

Same with me, but Beer League, not Juniors.

#179 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:24 AM

Another completely invisible game from Weiss. 

I wonder if 24/7 will bring any insight as to what's up with him, or if we'll have to wait until sometime in the future to hear what is really going on. Because at this point there's has to be something seriously wrong with him. A healthy player does not perform this bad after being a solid player for many years.

It happens all the time.  Remember Jimmy Carson?   He was a superstar 50 goal scorer in his prime and Detroit got him, and he couldn't do anything after that.  Scott Gomez has been mentioned and there are many others.  Guys can have all the talent in the world, but the wrong situation or mental state of mind, and you can be lost out on the ice.  I think it's often a product of guys signing big contracts, too.  The pressure gets to them to "earn" the money.  I was hoping he'd come off the injury refreshed and ready to go or that he'd step up with all the injuries. 

Same with me, but Beer League, not Juniors.

Unfortunately, Weiss was horrible before the groin injury too. 

#180 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

I haven't seen anything but has babs been vocal much about Weiss? ...At this point it is more then a little head scratching but to be honest I feel sorry for him as a player right now. To be nervous/scared of your next shift is a horrible feeling & it looks like he is.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.