Johan Franzen-Henrik Zetterberg-Gustav Nyquist

Justin Abdelkader-Darren Helm-Daniel Alfredsson

Drew Miller- Joakim Andersson-Tomas Tatar

Daniel Cleary-Stephen Weiss-Mikael Samuelsson

Jonathan Ericsson-Niklas Kronwall

Kyle Quincey-Brendan Smith

Brian Lashoff-Jakub Kindl

Jimmy Howard

This is Weiss isn't putting up points, no way is andersson a better option at center than Weiss and to boot he gets held down by two anchors

I'm literally going to say the same thing in this GDT that I did in the last, because I feel it is even more relevant now. And because it worked last time.

"I want to be hopeful, but you never know which team will show up

LGW!"

Here's to hoping it's the studs that played against Dah Broonz!

destroy

Snj5Kr4.gif

And also this might be the cutest thing I've seen

When was the last time we beat the Islanders?

I think Osgood might have been in net for them........

Honestly, please Detroit, beat the Islanders, just to get that damn embarassing monkey off our backs. We're going to be seeing a lot more of them in the future, so we better learn to start beating them.

In other news - 9pm local time puck drop, yay!

In regulation, 2003 according to some preview. And considering how poor the Islanders have been during many years in that span... Wow.

That's definitely not good, but I also have to wonder how many games that actually is. In those 10 years there's been 2 lockouts, plus coming out of the first lockout they hardly played the East. It could be 8 games for all I know.

EDIT: A pretty good guess if I do say so myself! :lol: According to this site it was 8 games ago.

http://www.detroithockey.net/history/schedule/display.php?franchise0=22&total_franchises=1&neutral_sites=1

They won in regulation in 2003 6-0. They beat the them in OT in 2007.

I hope those aren't the lines, the 2nd line wouldn't be a 3rd line on most teams, and maybe not even a 4th line on some.

Are you kidding? I agree that except for Alfie, it's not a 2nd line, but teams would kill for that to be the 3rd line. Also, Helm and Abby are looking great so I don't seeing anything wrong with them on the second line.

Some updated numbers.

Wings are:

16th in Goals Against

16th in Goals For

6th in PP %

3rd in PK %

Special teams numbers are great. And I feel like Goals For is slowly moving up, hasn't it?

Yes, if I remember correctly we were in the 20's before

Edit: also if we had won all our shootouts we would be first in the conference, as it stands were fourth, and 3rd in our division

Edited by Euro_Twins

Wouldn't it be nice to start a new winning streak with the Islanders. It seems like forever since they had a win against them.

My sites up and running (once your DNS updates) for that hang out there for games.

Also, I intend to start uploading various FSD stuff on youtube (a place to store them) more frequently. So you can catch pre/post game stuff there along with Wingspan episodes...at least until FSD does it themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/redwingslive1

Also, I intend to start uploading various FSD stuff on youtube (a place to store them) more frequently. So you can catch pre/post game stuff there along with Wingspan episodes...at least until FSD does it themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/redwingslive1

That's awesome, drum! I miss being able to watch those now that I'm not in MI. Cheers!

Edit: Also...from Winging it in Motown re: the Isles:

"Calvin de Haan is slotting into the lineup tonight after being recalled from Bridgeport of the AHL. Matt Donovan was sent down in exchange. de Haan is playing in his second career NHL game and has no goals in the NHL so far in his career. "

GOD EFFING DAMMIT

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

That's awesome, drum! I miss being able to watch those now that I'm not in MI. Cheers!

Edit: Also...from Winging it in Motown re: the Isles:

"Calvin de Haan is slotting into the lineup tonight after being recalled from Bridgeport of the AHL. Matt Donovan was sent down in exchange. de Haan is playing in his second career NHL game and has no goals in the NHL so far in his career. "

GOD EFFING DAMMIT

It's official nhl teams read lgw and know if they put a rookie in with no nhl goals they will score on the wings.

Johan Franzen-Henrik Zetterberg-Gustav Nyquist

Justin Abdelkader-Darren Helm-Daniel Alfredsson

Drew Miller- Joakim Andersson-Tomas Tatar

Daniel Cleary-Stephen Weiss-Mikael Samuelsson

Jonathan Ericsson-Niklas Kronwall

Kyle Quincey-Brendan Smith

Brian Lashoff-Jakub Kindl

Jimmy Howard

First and foremost I love Babs and I think he's a great coach. But sometimes his line choices are mind-boggling. Tatar on the 3rd line and Abby on the 2nd? How is it not the other way around? How much more does Tatar have to do to prove that he at least deserves a spot over Abby? I just don't understand Babcock's logic sometimes. I will continue to support him, but to me it just doesn't make any sense.

First and foremost I love Babs and I think he's a great coach. But sometimes his line choices are mind-boggling. Tatar on the 3rd line and Abby on the 2nd? How is it not the other way around? How much more does Tatar have to do to prove that he at least deserves a spot over Abby? I just don't understand Babcock's logic sometimes. I will continue to support him, but to me it just doesn't make any sense.

People need to get past the idea of putting your top 6 "skilled guys" in the top 6. Rarely is this done anymore.

Top three lines should be fairly balanced with a net front presence guy, a puck retrieval guy and a shooter.