239 replies to this topic

#221 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

I like the enthusiasm! 

Another big win for our boys today, strung together two strong offensive games and getting some W's.

Lets keep it up Wings.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#222 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Great game! Woo so glad to see Howard back in net and getting the shutout. I have been skeptical of him lately, but hopefully he can start getting his confidence back. Helm and Alfie are tearing it up too wow!

#223 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

So.
Is Darren helm gonna be our regular #2 center now?
Cuz he's giving us the secondary scoring we've been stressing for years.

#224 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hopefully they abuse Ottawa

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#225 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

I wanna say sorry to Jimmy our Goalie for not believing in him. Thank you Jimmy for shutting out the NYI Tonight 5-0!! : ) I am so proud of our Team!! There better than the 2002 Detroit Red Wings!! And I wanna say sorry to #11 as will!! Sorry for not believing in you as will!! Now it's time to Beat Ottawa for the First time this year!! Let's Go Red Wings!! : )

Are these your real thoughts? I'm not trying to be mean or rude. I've just never seen someone waiver in their convictions like this. You were saying, recently, that this is the worst wings team you have ever seen. Now, you're saying this team is better than the '02 wings, which is, arguably, the greatest hockey team ever assembled.

#226 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

Are these your real thoughts? I'm not trying to be mean or rude. I've just never seen someone waiver in their convictions like this. You were saying, recently, that this is the worst wings team you have ever seen. Now, you're saying this team is better than the '02 wings, which is, arguably, the greatest hockey team ever assembled.

Don't mind him, judging by the spelling and typos he's on heavy medication.

Also, a big lawl to Ozzy for his comment on the helm goal. "His mustache stayed in perfect position too.".

#227 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

Also, a big lawl to Ozzy for his comment on the helm goal. "His mustache stayed in perfect position too.".

Yes that was the comment Ozzie made all game that was entertaining. I love Ozzie but hes just not cut out for the booth. Keep in on intermission analysis. The worst was when he mentioned Franzen needs to shoot more atleast 5 times in 15 seconds. 

still nothing from our $25 million 4th line center

He played a solid game tonight. If your expected him to put up points with Sammy and Cleary on his wings your sorely mistaken. Even Dats wasnt able to put up points with just one of those two on his lines earlier this year.

Edited by GoalieManPat, 30 November 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#228 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Caught the replay game on Comcast tonight.

They showed Franzen laughing and smiling while talking to Helm and it looked like Helm has no idea what hes saying, replies, "yeah I actually DON'T speak Swedish"

we all talked about Nyquist being such a more well-rounded player than Brunner, but now I'm beginning to see he's just as good on the snipe as Brunner. I didn't realize Nyquist led the nation in scoring as a SOPHOMORE!

I like the idea of all the Black Sheep on the same line. Ba Ba Black Sheep.

The game could have easily been 5-4. Yay Jimmie.

#229 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986, 30 November 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#230 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:09 AM

Don't mind him, judging by the spelling and typos he's on heavy medication.

I have Mild Mental Retardation & the Rare Disease Kearns-Sayre Syndrome. I was in Special ED throughout Grade School and High School. I don't take any Med's what's so ever. I've been a Detroit Red Wings Fan Since 1986 since I was born. My Dad's a Big Montreal Canadians Fan. 

#231 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

I have Mild Mental Retardation & the Rare Disease Kearns-Sayre Syndrome. I was in Special ED throughout Grade School and High School. I don't take any Med's what's so ever. I've been a Detroit Red Wings Fan Since 1986 since I was born. My Dad's a Big Montreal Canadians Fan. 

It's cool Andrew, welcome to LGW.  A few posters here suffer from Foot in Mouth disease.

#232 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

So the Wings score 11 goals in 2 games without Pavs..go figure :ok:

#233 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Just want to say I never stopped supporting Jimmy (and thought the team let him down more often than not), and I love Gus equally, he's really stepped up and is looking great - just what we needed.  Another "sexy tandem" in goal.  ;)   Jimmy is like most great Wings' goalies - he does his job more than capably and often doesn't get the credit he truly deserves.  He was great in this game!!

I am happy to see this team gel and players getting into the groove.  It is a real pleasure to see them working together, able to stand out as the amazing players they are - like Helm, OMG!! - and still support each other.  When Pasha and Bert come back, it's only going to get better.  That's Red Wing hockey at its finest.

Can't wait for Sunday!  Go Alfie!  Go Red Wings!!!

** welcome to the forum, Andrew Hasek.  I like your name, of course.  ^_^

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#234 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

So.
Is Darren helm gonna be our regular #2 center now?
Cuz he's giving us the secondary scoring we've been stressing for years.

I know it's unfair to say given he's only played 13 games, but he's on pace for 44 goals in a full season!

Nyquist on pace for 82 points in a full season (after 5 games lol)

Edited by Danielsm, 30 November 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#235 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

We've seen Helm heat up before. I think it's best if he eventually goes back to third line center. If he suddenly found a scoring touch he will make the third that much better. I don't know if he can keep up this pace forever. Tgough we've all wondered hiw good he could be if he ever learned how to score consistently. We may be about to find out.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#236 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

So the Wings score 11 goals in 2 games without Pavs..go figure :ok:

All this time we thought Franzen was the one who held the team back...  :tounge:

#237 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

It's cool Andrew, welcome to LGW.  A few posters here suffer from Foot in Mouth disease.

Yeah, mine's flaring up a bit.

#238 SensViking

SensViking

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

Applaud! Win or lose/ good or bad you guys are class just like your team. It breaks my heart to see Alfie leave Ottawa but he landed in a good place. If Ottawa doesn't make it ( not likely) I'll be cheering my heart out for you....wait I already am.

#239 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Yeah, mine's flaring up a bit.

Fwiw, I thought your comments were legit, were made in the spirit of respectful discussion, and not rude at all.

Welcome to LGW, Andrew. Luv your Red Wing passion.

#240 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

Kudos from Puck Daddy on Helm's 2nd goal:

http://ca.sports.yah...58228--nhl.html

Worthy of Goal/Play of the Year !

Edited by RedWingsRox, 01 December 2013 - 10:22 AM.