• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

11/29 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Islanders 0

Rate this topic

Are these your real thoughts? I'm not trying to be mean or rude. I've just never seen someone waiver in their convictions like this. You were saying, recently, that this is the worst wings team you have ever seen. Now, you're saying this team is better than the '02 wings, which is, arguably, the greatest hockey team ever assembled.

Don't mind him, judging by the spelling and typos he's on heavy medication.

Also, a big lawl to Ozzy for his comment on the helm goal. "His mustache stayed in perfect position too.".

Also, a big lawl to Ozzy for his comment on the helm goal. "His mustache stayed in perfect position too.".

Yes that was the comment Ozzie made all game that was entertaining. I love Ozzie but hes just not cut out for the booth. Keep in on intermission analysis. The worst was when he mentioned Franzen needs to shoot more atleast 5 times in 15 seconds.

still nothing from our $25 million 4th line center

He played a solid game tonight. If your expected him to put up points with Sammy and Cleary on his wings your sorely mistaken. Even Dats wasnt able to put up points with just one of those two on his lines earlier this year.

Edited by GoalieManPat

Caught the replay game on Comcast tonight.

They showed Franzen laughing and smiling while talking to Helm and it looked like Helm has no idea what hes saying, replies, "yeah I actually DON'T speak Swedish"

we all talked about Nyquist being such a more well-rounded player than Brunner, but now I'm beginning to see he's just as good on the snipe as Brunner. I didn't realize Nyquist led the nation in scoring as a SOPHOMORE!

I like the idea of all the Black Sheep on the same line. Ba Ba Black Sheep.

The game could have easily been 5-4. Yay Jimmie.

Don't mind him, judging by the spelling and typos he's on heavy medication.

I have Mild Mental Retardation & the Rare Disease Kearns-Sayre Syndrome. I was in Special ED throughout Grade School and High School. I don't take any Med's what's so ever. I've been a Detroit Red Wings Fan Since 1986 since I was born. My Dad's a Big Montreal Canadians Fan.

Guest Playmaker

I have Mild Mental Retardation & the Rare Disease Kearns-Sayre Syndrome. I was in Special ED throughout Grade School and High School. I don't take any Med's what's so ever. I've been a Detroit Red Wings Fan Since 1986 since I was born. My Dad's a Big Montreal Canadians Fan.

It's cool Andrew, welcome to LGW. A few posters here suffer from Foot in Mouth disease.

Just want to say I never stopped supporting Jimmy (and thought the team let him down more often than not), and I love Gus equally, he's really stepped up and is looking great - just what we needed. Another "sexy tandem" in goal. ;) Jimmy is like most great Wings' goalies - he does his job more than capably and often doesn't get the credit he truly deserves. He was great in this game!!

I am happy to see this team gel and players getting into the groove. It is a real pleasure to see them working together, able to stand out as the amazing players they are - like Helm, OMG!! - and still support each other. When Pasha and Bert come back, it's only going to get better. That's Red Wing hockey at its finest.

Can't wait for Sunday! Go Alfie! Go Red Wings!!!

** welcome to the forum, Andrew Hasek. I like your name, of course. ^_^

So.

Is Darren helm gonna be our regular #2 center now?

Cuz he's giving us the secondary scoring we've been stressing for years.

I know it's unfair to say given he's only played 13 games, but he's on pace for 44 goals in a full season!

Nyquist on pace for 82 points in a full season (after 5 games lol)

Edited by Danielsm

We've seen Helm heat up before. I think it's best if he eventually goes back to third line center. If he suddenly found a scoring touch he will make the third that much better. I don't know if he can keep up this pace forever. Tgough we've all wondered hiw good he could be if he ever learned how to score consistently. We may be about to find out.

Applaud! Win or lose/ good or bad you guys are class just like your team. It breaks my heart to see Alfie leave Ottawa but he landed in a good place. If Ottawa doesn't make it ( not likely) I'll be cheering my heart out for you....wait I already am.