• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWang

12/1 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Senators 2, Alfredsson scores ENG

Rate this topic

I'm with you and you won't see me crying if Cowan gets Kronwalled and misses this game. I just don't want any long term or serious injury. But more realistically the Wings will either have a "fight" or won't do anything. As much as we want them to be tougher they just haven't been that sort of team since the 90's.

That's why they need to become that sort of a team again and by all honesty they had superstars for sure but also guys like McCarty, Kocur Downey made this team incredible enjoyable to watch. Even at a time when I had to pay /minute for internet access

That's why they need to become that sort of a team again and by all honesty they had superstars for sure but also guys like McCarty, Kocur Downey made this team incredible enjoyable to watch. Even at a time when I had to pay /minute for internet access

To be fair McCarty wasn't just a tough guy he could also score a little. Those are the type of players we need not just straight put goons with no other skills.

Wings know how to play tough without fighting. See Ducks series

Wings don't have to fight to win, but they have to be tough to play against. Ever since the cup runs in 08 and 09 this team keeps getting softer and softer.

Wings know how to play tough without fighting. See Ducks series

That's physical but tough = standing up for your teammates and that's something this team has lacked for a few years now.

To be fair McCarty wasn't just a tough guy he could also score a little. Those are the type of players we need not just straight put goons with no other skills.

Agree but if you can't find them I really don't see a harm in paying someone around 600 - 1kk in order to protect your players, especially with the cap rising. Sometimes it's just nice knowing that there is someone having your back especially against teams like Boston, Toronto, Buffalo, Ottawa and Montreal.

Edited by frankgrimes

One thing I want to see is just finish your checks, the Sens accused the Wings of diving big time last game (Franzen not withstanding because he's a coward) which is something you don't say publicly when your a team like Ottawa with some divers of your own on your roster. It'd be nice to have Bert in the line-up because he usually does the keep the flies off retaliation fight (like against Weber in the playoffs) but he's not playing so I don't expect many fights. Probably none, just win the ******* game really.

Agree but if you can't find them I really don't see a harm in paying someone around 600 - 1kk in order to protect your players, especially with the cap rising. Sometimes it's just nice knowing that there is someone having your back especially against teams like Boston, Toronto, Buffalo, Ottawa and Montreal.

No it wouldn't hurt,I just don't like clogging up the roster with one dimensional players. We have too many of them as is.

Guest Playmaker

Wishes:

Alfie scoring a goal or even better hat-trick

Spezza, Karlsson or Cowen OUT with a concussion

Neil getting kronwalled

line brawl

*** the score don't care

I recall reading McCarty talking about the March 26, 1997 game. He basically said none of the fights would have mattered had the Wings not won the game. I agree with him.

I really hope Weiss scores tonight or at least picks up a few points. I think Babs should put him on the second PP unit (correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure he hasn't had any PP time). I will be utterly disappointed if we don't see Kronwall own someone or Alfie get a hat trick against his old team. Pretty confident about this one since the Wings outscored their last two opponents 11-1. LGRW!!!!!

Guest mjtm77

So who's carrying this game? I only see it on the NHL Network.

It's on tsn In Canada. As for USA no clue

I'm pretty excited for this one. So excited, that I picked up some beers to enjoy this afternoon. Where are my fellow drinkers at today?

Lets go Wings!!!! Let's do this for KIng Alfy

Let's hope that you won't have to drink yourself to sleep after this game.

So who's carrying this game? I only see it on the NHL Network.

According to their website, its supposed to be on FSD+, but I just checked the on screen channel guide on my cable, and it said poker is airing on FSD+ at the time the game is supposed to be on. Hopefully its just a mix up...