• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWang

12/1 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Senators 2, Alfredsson scores ENG

Rate this topic

This team is better than the 2002 Detroit Red Wings. They are playing as a Team finally and I couldn't be happier with my Detroit Red Wings!! I'd like to say Congratulations to #11 on playing a great game tonight and helping out are team to win this game against Ottawa!! And #11 you played great don't say other wise!! You rock!! Ottawa got what they deserved!! And I can't wait for the Greatest Player in NHL History to come back they will Retire his number here when he retires #13!!

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986

You must have missed all the boos

I feel like even the boos are kind of a show of respect. Not intentionally, of course - but the idea is that he meant and means enough to them that he's worth booing. Or maybe I'm really reaching.

Overall, I thought the reception was a bit more positive than I had been expecting. I had thought there'd be some really heavy booing during the actual game. But, like Mike Johnson said, it was kind of middling.

This team is better than the 2002 Detroit Red Wings. They are playing as a Team finally and I couldn't be happier with my Detroit Red Wings!! I'd like to say Congratulations to #11 on playing a great game tonight and helping out are team to win this game against Ottawa!! And #11 you played great don't say other wise!! You rock!! Ottawa got what they deserved!! And I can't wait for the Greatest Player in NHL History to come back they will Retire his number here when he retires #13!!

Whoa, lets not get to ahead of ourselves here...

This team has a ways to go to be even mentioned in the same sentence as the 2002 team. Nice little win streak, the crazies have seemed to disappear...................for now.

I feel like even the boos are kind of a show of respect. Not intentionally, of course - but the idea is that he meant and means enough to them that he's worth booing. Or maybe I'm really reaching.

Overall, I thought the reception was a bit more positive than I had been expecting. I had thought there'd be some really heavy booing during the actual game. But, like Mike Johnson said, it was kind of middling.

Bertuzzi gets a lot of respect, then - especially in Colorado.

This team is nowhere near the 02 team

It looks like the boys are finding a stride! Nice work tonight-did the Sens radio broadcast do it justice? No. But none the less I enjoyed hearing buzzer less goals and little talk of who scored them...but the fact Alfie didn't get booooo'ed out of the building & got a goal? Priceless

It looks like the boys are finding a stride! Nice work tonight-did the Sens radio broadcast do it justice? No. But none the less I enjoyed hearing buzzer less goals and little talk of who scored them...but the fact Alfie didn't get booooo'ed out of the building & got a goal? Priceless

He did get boo'd but not like hossa gets boo'd in Detroit

Alfie completely understood the few boo's he heard. He is such a great guy and the epitome of what I think an elite NHL hockey player is all about. Very happy he's a Red Wing!!

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10066205/a-perfect-return-alfredsson

"Alfie, Alfie, Alfie," the crowd chanted while a pre-game video showed his many moments in a Senators uniform.

"That video was pretty cool to watch," said star Wings blue-liner Nicklas Kronwall. "It was emotional for us, imagine how he felt.''

Almost overwhelmed is how he felt.

"It's hard to describe," said Alfredsson. "How do you feel you deserve to be cheered on like that after all you do is play hockey? It's kind of surreal at times to have that feeling. But it's a mutual feeling. I definitely respect this city, this team, as well. I thought once the puck dropped, the crowd also did the right thing by cheering on their team."

And booing him later in the game on a few occasions.

"That's good," said Alfredsson. "They should stick up for their team, and that's what they're doing."

He did get boo'd but not like hossa gets boo'd in Detroit

Fine by Hossa, he's played for crap ton of teams...Alfies playing on only his second team. Their first game back I felt way more for Alfie then Hoss, still it makes me sad we boo the hoss