Wishes:

Alfie scoring a goal or even better hat-trick

Spezza, Karlsson or Cowen OUT with a concussion

Neil getting kronwalled

line brawl

*** the score don't care

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#22 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Wishes:
Neil getting kronwalled
line brawl

*** the score don't care

As much as I want to win and as pissed as I am, I still could never wish for another player to get injured.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#23 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

As much as I want to win and as pissed as I am, I still could never wish for another player to get injured.

Usually I don't either but I just hate it when the DetroitRedWings are getting "glasssmashed" ellbowed and what not and other starplayers are always always coming off lightly against us. To be honest I'm a fan of Spezza and Karlsson but just pissed with the wole situation and I also think Cowen will turn into an absolute beast in his prim.e

kftx.jpg

#24 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

I want abdelkader running people over

#25 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Usually I don't either but I just hate it when the DetroitRedWings are getting "glasssmashed" ellbowed and what not and other starplayers are always always coming off lightly against us. To be honest I'm a fan of Spezza and Karlsson but just pissed with the wole situation and I also think Cowen will turn into an absolute beast in his prim.e

I'm with you and you won't see me crying if Cowan gets Kronwalled and misses this game. I just don't want any long term or serious injury. But more realistically the Wings will either have a "fight" or won't do anything. As much as we want them to be tougher they just haven't been that sort of team since the 90's.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#26 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

If this gets ugly, Red Wings are toast.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#27 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

I'm with you and you won't see me crying if Cowan gets Kronwalled and misses this game. I just don't want any long term or serious injury. But more realistically the Wings will either have a "fight" or won't do anything. As much as we want them to be tougher they just haven't been that sort of team since the 90's.

That's why they need to become that sort of a team again and by all honesty they had superstars for sure but also guys like McCarty, Kocur Downey made this team incredible enjoyable to watch. Even at a time when I had to pay /minute for internet access

kftx.jpg

#28 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Wings know how to play tough without fighting. See Ducks series

#29 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

That's why they need to become that sort of a team again and by all honesty they had superstars for sure but also guys like McCarty, Kocur Downey made this team incredible enjoyable to watch. Even at a time when I had to pay /minute for internet access

To be fair McCarty wasn't just a tough guy he could also score a little. Those are the type of players we need not just straight put goons with no other skills.

Wings don't have to fight to win, but they have to be tough to play against. Ever since the cup runs in 08 and 09 this team keeps getting softer and softer.

#30 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Safe to say this game means more than any other thus far this season.

Nervous as to how this will shape up for our boys if ottowa tries to goon it up again but excited nonetheless!

#31 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

That's physical but tough = standing up for your teammates and that's something this team has lacked for a few years now.

To be fair McCarty wasn't just a tough guy he could also score a little. Those are the type of players we need not just straight put goons with no other skills.

Agree but if you can't find them I really don't see a harm in paying someone around 600 - 1kk in order to protect your players, especially with the cap rising. Sometimes it's just nice knowing that there is someone having your back especially against teams like Boston, Toronto, Buffalo, Ottawa and Montreal.

Edited by frankgrimes, 01 December 2013 - 01:13 PM.

kftx.jpg

#32 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

One thing I want to see is just finish your checks, the Sens accused the Wings of diving big time last game (Franzen not withstanding because he's a coward) which is something you don't say publicly when your a team like Ottawa with some divers of your own on your roster. It'd be nice to have Bert in the line-up because he usually does the keep the flies off retaliation fight (like against Weber in the playoffs) but he's not playing so I don't expect many fights. Probably none, just win thef****** game really.  

#NOMOREKINDL

#33 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Our powerplay is gonna enforce and seek revenge for what they did to Datsyuk. Just you wait.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#34 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Agree but if you can't find them I really don't see a harm in paying someone around 600 - 1kk in order to protect your players, especially with the cap rising. Sometimes it's just nice knowing that there is someone having your back especially against teams like Boston, Toronto, Buffalo, Ottawa and Montreal.

No it wouldn't hurt,I just don't like clogging up the roster with one dimensional players. We have too many of them as is.

#35 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

Wings just weren't prepared for that game against Ottawa and it got out of hand while trying to battle their way back in the game. Wings will be fired up and we'll see some toughness

#36 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

I want blood

I want curly fries

#37 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

I want curly fries

I want curly fries smothered in senator blood.

#38 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

Wishes:

Neil getting kronwalled

line brawl

*** the score don't care

I recall reading McCarty talking about the March 26, 1997 game.  He basically said none of the fights would have mattered had the Wings not won the game.  I agree with him.

• Nev likes this

#39 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Our powerplay is gonna enforce and seek revenge for what they did to Datsyuk. Just you wait.

I'm so tired of hearing that.

I want curly fries smothered in senator blood.

My thoughts exactly.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#40 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

Just got off the phone with Kenny n Babs. Kocur, Probie, McCarty are in for our 4th line tonight.