"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#402 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,480 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Nothing but love for Alfie in Ottawa.  Even when he scored, they can't hate him, ever.  Good on the fans for realizing what a treasure he was and what he did for their franchise. 

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#403 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Excellent game, and we have a solid winning streak developing here. I'm glad that this team is putting up some offense in Pavs absence and both goaltenders seem to be on top of their game. Let's keep it up at home against Philly on Wednesday, GO WINGS!!

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#404 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,595 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

Nothing but love for Alfie in Ottawa.  Even when he scored, they can't hate him, ever.  Good on the fans for realizing what a treasure he was and what he did for their franchise. 

You must have missed all the boos

#405 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Considering weve got Philly, NJ, Florida x2 comin up. We can make a real run for 1st in the east if we keep playing the way we have been

#406 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Considering weve got Philly, NJ, Florida x2 comin up. We can make a real run for 1st in the east if we keep playing the way we have been

Especially if we get Pavs and Bert back in the place of Cleary and Sammy!

#407 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Way to go Alfie!

#408 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

Monster is like the 08-09 version of Ty Conklin

good for him

#409 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

So happy! Very close game. Very big win. Alfie's empty-netter was the perfect ending/transition point for his story.

Monster is clutch. Tatar was very impressive. Franzen is delivering. Miller's stepping up.

Love it.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#410 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

We also have the 3rd best penalty kill in the league and something like 6th on the power play.

Any time your PP and PK ranks add up to less than 10, you'll be sitting near the top of the standings.   :thumbup:

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#411 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

This team is better than the 2002 Detroit Red Wings. They are playing as a Team finally and I couldn't be happier with my Detroit Red Wings!! I'd like to say Congratulations to #11 on playing a great game tonight and helping out are team to win this game against Ottawa!! And #11 you played great don't say other wise!! You rock!! Ottawa got what they deserved!! And I can't wait for the Greatest Player in NHL History to come back they will Retire his number here when he retires #13!! 

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986, 01 December 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#412 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

You must have missed all the boos

I feel like even the boos are kind of a show of respect. Not intentionally, of course - but the idea is that he meant and means enough to them that he's worth booing. Or maybe I'm really reaching.

Overall, I thought the reception was a bit more positive than I had been expecting. I had thought there'd be some really heavy booing during the actual game. But, like Mike Johnson said, it was kind of middling.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#413 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

This team is better than the 2002 Detroit Red Wings. They are playing as a Team finally and I couldn't be happier with my Detroit Red Wings!! I'd like to say Congratulations to #11 on playing a great game tonight and helping out are team to win this game against Ottawa!! And #11 you played great don't say other wise!! You rock!! Ottawa got what they deserved!! And I can't wait for the Greatest Player in NHL History to come back they will Retire his number here when he retires #13!! 

Whoa, lets not get to ahead of ourselves here...

#414 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

Whoa, lets not get to ahead of ourselves here...

Will they are they may not have the same Record as they did but hey they are. 

#415 Timezown

Timezown

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

Sir, I have palmed my face so many times now it hurts

#416 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Will they are they may not have the same Record as they did but hey they are. 

Can't argue with that.  When you're right, you're right!

#417 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Looks like we have ourselves a bona fide winning streak! Just got tickets for the Prudential Center Friday night. Hopefully they beat Philly to keep the streak going til I see them Friday.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#418 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

This team has a ways to go to be even mentioned in the same sentence as the 2002 team.  Nice little win streak, the crazies have seemed to disappear...................for now.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#419 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

I feel like even the boos are kind of a show of respect. Not intentionally, of course - but the idea is that he meant and means enough to them that he's worth booing. Or maybe I'm really reaching.

Overall, I thought the reception was a bit more positive than I had been expecting. I had thought there'd be some really heavy booing during the actual game. But, like Mike Johnson said, it was kind of middling.

Bertuzzi gets a lot of respect, then - especially in Colorado.

#420 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

This team is nowhere near the 02 team