• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

#421 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

It looks like the boys are finding a stride! Nice work tonight-did the Sens radio broadcast do it justice? No. But none the less I enjoyed hearing buzzer less goals and little talk of who scored them...but the fact Alfie didn't get booooo'ed out of the building & got a goal? Priceless
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#422 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

It looks like the boys are finding a stride! Nice work tonight-did the Sens radio broadcast do it justice? No. But none the less I enjoyed hearing buzzer less goals and little talk of who scored them...but the fact Alfie didn't get booooo'ed out of the building & got a goal? Priceless

He did get boo'd but not like hossa gets boo'd in Detroit

#423 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

Alfie completely understood the few boo's he heard.  He is such a great guy and the epitome of what I think an elite NHL hockey player is all about. Very happy he's a Red Wing!!

http://espn.go.com/n...turn-alfredsson

"Alfie, Alfie, Alfie," the crowd chanted while a pre-game video showed his many moments in a Senators uniform.

"That video was pretty cool to watch," said star Wings blue-liner Nicklas Kronwall. "It was emotional for us, imagine how he felt.''

Almost overwhelmed is how he felt.

"It's hard to describe," said Alfredsson. "How do you feel you deserve to be cheered on like that after all you do is play hockey? It's kind of surreal at times to have that feeling. But it's a mutual feeling. I definitely respect this city, this team, as well. I thought once the puck dropped, the crowd also did the right thing by cheering on their team."

And booing him later in the game on a few occasions.

"That's good," said Alfredsson. "They should stick up for their team, and that's what they're doing."

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#424 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

He did get boo'd but not like hossa gets boo'd in Detroit

Fine by Hossa, he's played for crap ton of teams...Alfies playing on only his second team. Their first game back I felt way more for Alfie then Hoss, still it makes me sad we boo the hoss
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#425 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

Perfect game!

The only thing is still missing here is unintentional separation off****** cowen from hisf****** teeth.

#426 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

We also have the 3rd best penalty kill in the league and something like 6th on the power play.

It's hard to judge where we really stand on the PP with these bulls*** refs...

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#427 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

It's hard to judge where we really stand on the PP with these bulls*** refs...

I can see our PP go down but our penalty kill looks great especially with Helm back in the lineup. Sens have one of the worst PPs in the league and I think they scored 5 PP goals on us in 3 games. That's like half our PP goals allowed lol. We don't seem to face that much 5 on 3's tbh

#428 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

5 hours sleep later...

Would just like to point out that we've scored 9 goals in the last 2 games and Datsyuk and Zetterberg have combined for 0 goals and 0 assists.  Doesn't that feel nice?

(but hurry back soon please Pav ;) )

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#429 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

I can see our PP go down but our penalty kill looks great especially with Helm back in the lineup. Sens have one of the worst PPs in the league and I think they scored 5 PP goals on us in 3 games. That's like half our PP goals allowed lol. We don't seem to face that much 5 on 3's tbh

Agreed. It's really starting to piss me off how teams we face aren't getting called for obvious penalties, makes you wonder if our PK is actually better than given credit for. Who helps our PK more? Helm for obvious reasons, or Smith/Quincey for making sure it gets used...

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#430 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

This team is better than the 2002 Detroit Red Wings. 

Make sure you dont operate heavy equipment anytime soon as you are high as a kite if you really believe that. The 02 team had hall of famers on the 3rd and 4th lines. This team is still 1/3 spare parts from a junkyard.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#431 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,995 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:20 AM

I would also like to give props to Brian Lashoff. He had a strong game, and has, generally, been solid and invisible (in a good way) for us.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#432 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

5 hours sleep later...

Would just like to point out that we've scored 9 goals in the last 2 games and Datsyuk and Zetterberg have combined for 0 goals and 0 assists.  Doesn't that feel nice?

(but hurry back soon please Pav ;) )

you know what? it does feel nice!!

as does the 18 goals the past 4 games on this little winning streak.. I just hope they keep up the same intensity when pav returns to the lineup.

The 02 team had hall of famers on the 3rd and 4th lines.

that datsyuk, zetterberg, hull line tho ;)

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#433 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

you know what? it does feel nice!!

as does the 18 goals the past 4 games on this little winning streak.. I just hope they keep up the same intensity when pav returns to the lineup.

that datsyuk, zetterberg, hull line tho ;)

Z wasn't on the 02 team

#434 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

Z wasn't on the 02 team

You're right, my mistake.. whoops.

Still, that line tho lol

Maybe if Kenny let the kids play he would've been!! :P

Edited by amato, 02 December 2013 - 12:20 PM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#435 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

You're right, my mistake.. whoops.

Still, that line tho lol

Maybe if Kenny let the kids play he would've been!! :P

It's a man's league