• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

Zetterberg to captain the 2014 swedish olympic team?

Rate this topic

It seems to me that Alfie would be the choice.

http://sens20.ottawasenators.com/club/captains/

During the 1999-2000 season, Alfredsson was named captain of the Senators after Alexei Yashin was stripped of the captaincy. On 8 July 2009, Alfredsson became the longest serving active captain in the NHL.

Edited by MidMichSteve

Alfie wasn't invited to the olympic camp for some reason. He would seem to be the other likely candidate.

He wasn't invited because he was not sure what he was doing yet. There is no doubt that Alfie will be playing in the Olympics now and as much as I love Hank, the Sweden Captaincy should go to Alfie...

For PR reasons alone it will be either OV Rafulov or homecoming hero Kovalchuk although Pasha extremely deserves it.

You are probably right but like you said Pavel deserves it more. Also if Russia chooses Radulov they deserve to lose even though we all know they will anyway

For PR reasons alone it will be either OV Rafulov or homecoming hero Kovalchuk although Pasha extremely deserves it.

I don't see how Radulov would be a candidate considering he had his captaincy in the KHL stripped away earlier this season.

"The last captain had problems with discipline," said Fedorov. "Will it hurt the previous captain? He shouldn't and cannot be hurt."

I would put money on Kovalchuk.