• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

My big issue with this vigilante justice that many of you are clamoring for is that it might very well re-write something of an unwritten rule in the NHL, which is:

Do not try to get to the Detroit Red Wings *that way*.

The way it is now, we play the Hurricanes, Muller scratches Westgarth; we play the Bruins, Julien scratches Thornton; we play the Sabres, Nolan scratches Scott; we play the Canadiens, Therrien scratches Parros (and Murray). It's an unwritten hockey code unto itself. It's a show of respect. It's a pretty good deal. On the other hand, the Bruins play the Sabres...and Scott crushes Eriksson. Because, hey, fair game.

Sure, every now and then something is going to happen. Weber almost took Z's head off, and Cowen caught Dats "on the button." But, you know what? I'd rather we take our chances with a once-every-two-or-three-years occurrence than basically tell the rest of the league, "We are the Detroit Red Wings and we will fight you!!!" That's what opposing coaches and thugs want us to say. They want us to give them the green light. They want us to dress a wildly out-of-place enforcer on our skill-centric team. They want us to get away from our game. That's why a guy would take a calculated run at Z or D in the first place. It's a bigger picture strategy thing.

And it doesn't work. If anything, it generally makes us better. I mean, just look at how good we've been since we lost Dats (and he'll be back soon enough, and we'll be even better). You could argue that, if the goal is to establish supremacy over us and soften us up for the rest of the league, taking out our best player was the single most stupid thing the Sens could've done. I don't think they go to bed last night thinking, "Ha! Datsyuk's still out! The last laugh! Haha!"

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for sticking up for yourself and your team mates and your team and your organization. I'm all for this team being tougher, more physical, grittier, harder to play against.  But you have to be at least halfway reasonable about it. It can't be, "Datsyuk got caught with an elbow in a regular season game, in November. Accordingly, we must sign and dress at least three enforces and re-enact March 27, 1997 or else we suck and should just forfeit the season." This isn't the '80s, this isn't the Norris Division. Nor is it Lemieux-on-Draper. It's a deliberately careless elbow and a choppy, chippy game from a floundering, ultra-frustrated division rival that might not even make the playoffs. And last night we beat them in their own building and further strengthened the notion that, if it was a better chance at a Cup that he was looking for, Alfie made the right choice in signing with the Red Wings. We're second in the division and third in the conference, just a few points back of the Bruins and Penguins. And that's without our best player, our third-best defenseman, an important part of this season's first line, last season's Jimmy Howard, and, basically, our second-line center. So, at the moment, I'm pretty damn happy with, and proud of, this team.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#22 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

*March 26

Don't Toews me, bro!

#23 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

Lets just take  a look at a few recent incidents in what I consider the "NEW NHL" since the 04 lockout:

Cooke Lays out Savard against the Big Bad Bruins, who beat the living crap out of him?

Soon after Bergeron gets boarded and it nearly ends his career, who beat the living crap out of Randy Jones?

Who fought either Steckel or Hedman when Crosby took his hits?

I can go on and on with incidents of dirty hits not being retaliated on, however look how many fights there are after Clean hits!

The times of a guy like Bert jumping Moore due to a bad check are starting to pass us by.

Like it or dislike it, love it or hate it, the way the league is heading, especially with a multi-million dollar law suit being filed by players because Teams and the League did not do enough to "Protect them" , this retaliation is going to be less and less.

There are (imo) more fights and crap started after completely clean hits than there is for Dirty hits.

*March 26

I have said this NUMEROUS times on this board, if all fights and melees were in the same vein as the Blood Feud was, than I would think every fight and retaliation was deserved.

That was an intense rivalry built on total organizational hatred for each other, this wasn't just one guy crossing the line.

This was coaches hating each other, players, everyone in each of those orgs would have dropped the gloves (or whistle or notepad) to go at the counter part in the other org.

This was a deep seated rivalry born out of competition, many playoff series, ego, and one of the dirtiest hits that I can remember. Granted I am not 40 yet so my memory is not real deep!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#24 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Lets just take  a look at a few recent incidents in what I consider the "NEW NHL" since the 04 lockout:

Cooke Lays out Savard against the Big Bad Bruins, who beat the living crap out of him?

Soon after Bergeron gets boarded and it nearly ends his career, who beat the living crap out of Randy Jones?

I can go on and on with incidents of dirty hits not being retaliated on, however look how many fights there are after Clean hits!

If anything, Cooke is the poster boy for why fighting doesn't deter dirty play. Everyone remembers that time Evander Kane smashed Cookes face in durng a fight. Yet Cooke plays just as dirty as ever. He has no fear of retribution for dirty plays. Fights these days are mostly hug fests. Fights have to have helmets on. Most players have shields. What do dirty players have to fear from fighting?

And to keep on topic, essentially what I am saying is that retribution makes the fans feel better, but it doesn't do anything to stop it from happening again.

And I agree with Dabura. The Wings strategy of not playing the physical game works pretty well as most teams don't dress their 'goon' type players. It eliminates the need for the WIngs to carry a dedicated fighter.

Edited by dobbles, 02 December 2013 - 12:55 PM.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#25 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

The times of a guy like Bert jumping Moore due to a bad check are starting to pass us by.

Like it or dislike it, love it or hate it, the way the league is heading, especially with a multi-million dollar law suit being filed by players because Teams and the League did not do enough to "Protect them" , this retaliation is going to be less and less.

There are (imo) more fights and crap started after completely clean hits than there is for Dirty hits.

I have said this NUMEROUS times on this board, if all fights and melees were in the same vein as the Blood Feud was, than I would think every fight and retaliation was deserved.

That was an intense rivalry built on total organizational hatred for each other, this wasn't just one guy crossing the line.

This was coaches hating each other, players, everyone in each of those orgs would have dropped the gloves (or whistle or notepad) to go at the counter part in the other org.

This was a deep seated rivalry born out of competition, many playoff series, ego, and one of the dirtiest hits that I can remember. Granted I am not 40 yet so my memory is not real deep!

What Bert did was illegal and if it was on the street instead of a hockey rink he would be in jail. And I would never advocate anything of that nature.

As far as fights go more of them take place after clean hits, like you said, which just bugs the hell out of me. Fights are there to help players police the game not make a farce out of the game after a clean hit. Most fights nowadays are staged, and by that I mean agreed upon before the puck drops which takes emotion out of it and turns it into a waste of time. In my opinion staged fights should be taken out of the game completely.

But real fights or hard nosed plays do make a difference. If you take the the Ottawa game the Wings partly didn't retaliate because they where afraid of Neil, and that fear probably kept a player like Abdelkader from being physical.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#26 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

This whole thread is reactionary, and at the same time premeditated.  It's hard to be both at once; in fact, it's almost impossible.  Yet here we are.  Some people obviously want the Wings to play a "more physical" type of game, which typically boils down to more fighting.  So we wait, and when we finally lose a game in which we're physically dominated, they jump up and say "See!  If we were just tougher then this wouldn't happen."  It's opportunistic, and at the same time utterly predictable. 

Here's the problem with this thread in a nutshell.  We lost seven games in a row before the last Ottawa game, and physicality and fighting played no role in any of those losses.  Yet, I didn't see people jumping up to start "the Wings need to get faster" threads, or "the Wings need a better positional goalie" thread, or "the Wings need a better transition game" thread.  But sure as s***, the first time we get hit a little bit there will be a "the Wings need to get more physical" thread.

This isn't about the Wings playing better.  It's a post hoc way of justifying your desire to see the Wings get in more fights.  If that's how you feel just say so, but don't try to manipulate the truth.  And don't make it seem like this is some glaring need because it has barely been a factor this season. 

The argument is a cheap, unsophisticated attempt to pull the wool over our collective eyes.  It would be insulting if it weren't so glaringly obvious. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#27 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

This whole thread is reactionary, and at the same time premeditated.  It's hard to be both at once; in fact, it's almost impossible.  Yet here we are.  Some people obviously want the Wings to play a "more physical" type of game, which typically boils down to more fighting.  So we wait, and when we finally lose a game in which we're physically dominated, they jump up and say "See!  If we were just tougher then this wouldn't happen."  It's opportunistic, and at the same time utterly predictable. 

Here's the problem with this thread in a nutshell.  We lost seven games in a row before the last Ottawa game, and physicality and fighting played no role in any of those losses.  Yet, I didn't see people jumping up to start "the Wings need to get faster" threads, or "the Wings need a better positional goalie" thread, or "the Wings need a better transition game" thread.  But sure as s***, the first time we get hit a little bit there will be a "the Wings need to get more physical" thread.

This isn't about the Wings playing better.  It's a post hoc way of justifying your desire to see the Wings get in more fights.  If that's how you feel just say so, but don't try to manipulate the truth.  And don't make it seem like this is some glaring need because it has barely been a factor this season. 

The argument is a cheap, unsophisticated attempt to pull the wool over our collective eyes.  It would be insulting if it weren't so glaringly obvious.

Since when does physical play equal more fighting? The wings have always been able to stand up for themselves and in the modern NHL that rarely involved fighting.

And the reason you didn't see some of the threads you mentioned was because most of that is said in the game threads.

And boy do I just love it when somebody comes along and decides to tell me how I feel or the reasoning behind my actions. Your the guy that took that semester of psych in college and became an expert aren't you?

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#28 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Since when does physical play equal more fighting? The wings have always been able to stand up for themselves and in the modern NHL that rarely involved fighting.

And the reason you didn't see some of the threads you mentioned was because most of that is said in the game threads.

And boy do I just love it when somebody comes along and decides to tell me how I feel or the reasoning behind my actions. Your the guy that took that semester of psych in college and became an expert aren't you?

Nope, I'm the guy who recognizes when someone uses a non-representative example as evidence in order to try and validate a point of view which is itself off base.  It's like saying cars are stupid because yours broke down yesterday, or football players are criminals because Ray Lewis killed a guy.  It's not hard to see through, you just need some "critical thinking skills"  in fancy first semester psych terminology. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#29 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

Nope, I'm the guy who recognizes when someone uses a non-representative example as evidence in order to try and validate a point of view which is itself off base.  It's like saying cars are stupid because yours broke down yesterday, or football players are criminals because Ray Lewis killed a guy.  It's not hard to see through, you just need some "critical thinking skills"  in fancy first semester psych terminology.

Do you also recognize when someone is on a power trip? If three Tesla's burn down it's ok to ask if they are safe or not. And if NFL players are arrested all the time it's not hard to say that there are behavioral issues in the NFL that's why the penalties in Football are getting more stringent.

Returning to hockey, if you play soft on the boards and in the corners it easier for the opposing players to make plays, and that has contributed to plenty of loses for this team.

#30 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Do you also recognize when someone is on a power trip? If three Tesla's burn down it's ok to ask if they are safe or not. And if NFL players are arrested all the time it's not hard to say that there are behavioral issues in the NFL that's why the penalties in Football are getting more stringent.

Returning to hockey, if you play soft on the boards and in the corners it easier for the opposing players to make plays, and that has contributed to plenty of loses for this team.

Yes and as I pointed out in the "OMG DAN CLEARY IS THE DEVIL" thread, through all of this the Wings are 3 points out of first in the division, with 7 OT or Shoot Out losses, in a division that most on here though the Wings would get destroyed in.

Tough to be a Wings fan!!!

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#31 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

why are we even still talking about this? the cowen hit was reckless but not really dirty.

I think the reason hockey fans in general are still talking about this is just the complete hypocrisy on part of the NHL when it come to headshots and discipline.

The NHL keeps saying over and over how they are taking a stand against headshots like this, and if a headshot occurs that results in an injury, it will be an automatic suspension regardless of how it happens.

And then you see Datsyuk, one of the top players in the entire league get concussed by a headshot, and the league just gives some asinine BS excuse about why there was no suspension, despite the fact that they have repeated over and over ad nauseum that plays like this, even if they are accidental or reckless, will be dealt with suspensions, and there will be zero tolerance.

Now we get to see yet one more time, that the league is completely full of s***, and just says whatever they think people want to hear, with zero intention of actually following through.

#32 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

Yes and as I pointed out in the "OMG DAN CLEARY IS THE DEVIL" thread, through all of this the Wings are 3 points out of first in the division, with 7 OT or Shoot Out losses, in a division that most on here though the Wings would get destroyed in.

Tough to be a Wings fan!!!

We are just splitting hairs here, the wings In general are a decent team with a few players that are not playing well. But the question is what do they need to be a Stanley Cup winning team? And like it or not being tough to play against is part of it.
Not sure what other people thought when the team moved out east, because I don't presume to know what's on other peoples minds, but the only tough team in the Wings division is Boston. The Wings actually came from a tougher division out west.

#33 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

Cooke plays just as dirty as ever.

No he doesn't. 

I know people like to hate on Cooke because of his past (and for good reason) but he has tried (and succeeded for the most part) to pull a Mikita style 180 degree turn, and clean up his play over the last couple years.

#34 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

There is no need to read minds, just read the posts from the offseason!

Go ahead, some had people predicting the Wings as 5th in the division. People posted stats about hits vs # of wins, # of Wings wins against the Big Bad East in the last 82 games played in that conference.

Start here and then tell me I am reading minds!

http://www.letsgowin...nt#entry2360072

Enjoy the read it is 2000+ posts long!

This division with TBL, TOR, MTL, OTT was supposed to kick the living Crap out of the Wings, because as you said the Wings were not tough enough to play against.

Even Buffalo with Scott was supposed to be to tough for the Wings!

BTW the Wings old division included such great teams as the Preds and The BJ's lets not pretend that the Lightning, Leafs, Sens, and Habs are not better than those two!!

#35 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

There is no need to read minds, just read the posts from the offseason!
Go ahead, some had people predicting the Wings as 5th in the division. People posted stats about hits vs # of wins, # of Wings wins against the Big Bad East in the last 82 games played in that conference.

Start here and then tell me I am reading minds!
 http://www.letsgowin...nt#entry2360072

Enjoy the read it is 2000+ posts long!

This division with TBL, TOR, MTL, OTT was supposed to kick the living Crap out of the Wings, because as you said the Wings were not tough enough to play against.

Even Buffalo with Scott was supposed to be to tough for the Wings!

BTW the Wings old division included such great teams as the Preds and The BJ's lets not pretend that the Lightning, Leafs, Sens, and Habs are not better than those two!!

I never posted saying we where gonna get the crap beat out of us, you also didn't post anything in that thread but you seem to have all the answers.
2000+ posts? Maybe you should read more carefully it says 217 replies.

When the Wings left the division was tougher, then the division we are in now. Not counting last year because the schedule was truncated, for several years the only bad team was Columbus. Let's be realistic TBL, TOR, MTL, OTT are not world beaters. We should have no problem making the playoffs but I want to win the Cup not get to the second round.

#36 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

There you go fabricating things again.  We only lost one game due to being physically dominated.  You're suggesting that it's a recurring theme.  This season, it hasn't happened "three times", it doesn't happen "all the time".  It happened once.  And here you are to champion the cause of "getting tougher" because it's such a recurring problem.  It's so disingenuous it's almost laughable.

Also, how am I on a power trip?  I literally have ZERO power over anything that happens on this site.  I'm not even a mod. 

No he doesn't. 

I know people like to hate on Cooke because of his past (and for good reason) but he has tried (and succeeded for the most part) to pull a Mikita style 180 degree turn, and clean up his play over the last couple years.

I agree, he cleaned up his act.  But not because of retaliation, but rather because of the monster suspension he got.  It actually proves that retaliation DOESN'T WORK.

#37 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

There you go fabricating things again.  We only lost one game due to being physically dominated.  You're suggesting that it's a recurring theme.  This season, it hasn't happened "three times", it doesn't happen "all the time".  It happened once.  And here you are to champion the cause of "getting tougher" because it's such a recurring problem.  It's so disingenuous it's almost laughable.

Also, how am I on a power trip?  I literally have ZERO power over anything that happens on this site.  I'm not even a mod. 

I agree, he cleaned up his act.  But not because of retaliation, but rather because of the monster suspension he got.  It actually proves that retaliation DOESN'T WORK.

The one thing I'll agree with you on is that the wings have gotten beat up ones, but they have been outmuscled plenty. You don't lose 7 straight games while being the better team. I'm not asking you to agree with me everyone has their own opinion and I respect that wholeheartedly. But this reminds me of the time you got on me for saying that Weiss has been bad, why don't you read some of your posts since then.

Edited by wings87, 02 December 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#38 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

I believe there would be more dirty play if fighting/enforcing were completely taken out of the game.  And teams sit their enforcer against the Wings because their average player could beat up most of the Wings.  An enforcer is overkill for them.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#39 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

I never posted saying we where gonna get the crap beat out of us, you also didn't post anything in that thread but you seem to have all the answers.
2000+ posts? Maybe you should read more carefully it says 217 replies.

When the Wings left the division was tougher, then the division we are in now. Not counting last year because the schedule was truncated, for several years the only bad team was Columbus. Let's be realistic TBL, TOR, MTL, OTT are not world beaters. We should have no problem making the playoffs but I want to win the Cup not get to the second round.

Sorry, I cannot believe I made a typo and put 2000+ instead of 200, oh my how could I have erred so badly, I mean 200 and 2000 have no digits in common.

Please forgive me oh lord of the internet!

Back to the point, I never said I read your mind did I? You told me to stop trying to read people's minds, which I was not trying to do.

You may noticed I used the word people, I used that word instead of "You" because I was not talking about you.

I do not have all of the answers, but I do have access to all of the stats and all of the posts on this forum, which you do as well.

I used those to back up my argument, you know, with that little thing called Evidence, you attacked me and my posts, the sure sign that you cannot back up you argument!

Oh and BTW this is the Wings first year out of that division, how have NAS and CBJ changed so drastically in those few months?

The only team in that division that had a better chance than the Wings at winning it all was CHI, Maybe STL, not NAS and certainly not CBJ. Now if you want to start to talk about a tougher conference I am willing to listen, seeing as LA, ANA, etc...

You may or may not recall that in last  years playoffs the Wings first beat the 2nd best and a very physical team in the Ducks. Then took the eventual Champs to 7 games. But you didn't point that out in you lost in the second round post,l because it hurts your argument!

The Wings are 2 points behind the Pens, 3 points behind the B's for third in their conference, yet some how they are not tough enough to win.

They just dominated the B's, who had a full compliment of players and their starting goaltender. Aren't they the exact type of team that the Wings cannot beat?

Hmmm, let me think weren't the B's just in a very important game of some sort in June???

What is the name of that again?

Argue with me all you want, but you will notice I post stats, you post your opinion about  posts, again a sure sign you can not back up your argument.

if you want to talk about tangible stats or empirical evidence lets talk, but don't come back at me with, "My eyes tell me what I need to know"/Eye test Bull CRAP!

The one thing I'll agree with you on is that the wings have gotten beat up ones, but they have been outmuscled plenty. You don't lose 7 straight games while being the better team. I'm not asking you to agree with me everyone has their own opinion and I respect that wholeheartedly. But this reminds me of the time you got on me for saying that Weiss has been bad, why don't you read some of your posts since then.

How many of those were OT/SO losses and how many were shellackings because they couldn't handle the play along the boards??

I believe there would be more dirty play if fighting/enforcing were completely taken out of the game.  And teams sit their enforcer against the Wings because their average player could beat up most of the Wings.  An enforcer is overkill for them.

esteef

I agree 100%, and that is due to an overall lack of respect for each other.

With out fighting stick work, elbows, and other 2 min penalties would skyrocket, as well as injuries.

But you can not file suit against the league (players union, not players) because they did not prevent head injuries all the while saying, we can police ourselves we know what is best!

#40 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

Have to agree with Dabura and kipwinger here.  Seems awfully reactionary and definitely not our style.

Playing physical is great and all(we do play physical) but by having us running around looking for big hits and trying to send "a message", it takes us away from our game.  

We're a puck possession team.  If we're being the aggressor and throwing bodies around,it means we don't have the puck.

We're plenty difficult to play against.  We grind down players will and determination by making them chase all night. That's how the Wings win. Not through retaliation.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users