• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

Agree with most of the grades otherwise. I'd mark Andersson a C- as I think he's a bit of a plug. He's good at faceoffs and can PK but otherwise he offers little. I was surprised he got such a quick promotion from Grand Rapids originally, same as with Emmerton.

I think he fills the role expected of him well, and justifies the amount that he's paid. Bear in mind that the Wings have one of the top-ranked PKs in the game. I don't think the role of Andersson, who is second only to Miller amongst forwards in total time on the PK (and has more than double the #3 forward in that category) in that should be disregarded. And it goes without saying that the PK is extremely important to any team.

Edited by Crymson, 04 December 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#22 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

Can't find much wrong with your ratings. Although I would say Jimmy has been more of a c- lately. Well done.

#23 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Maybe we should make up a new grade called a "Dan Cleary" for players who were expected to be bad, but somehow were worse than anyone ever imagined but yet in an unsurprising and expected way.

Agree with most of the grades otherwise. I'd mark Andersson a C- as I think he's a bit of a plug. He's good at faceoffs and can PK but otherwise he offers little. I was surprised he got such a quick promotion from Grand Rapids originally, same as with Emmerton. I'd also mark Samuelsson lower. He is the only person to benefit from playing with Cleary as it makes him look better than he is. He's still an infuriatingly ineffective waste of cap space.

That grade is called 'Lebda' at least for defensemen, its the lowest possible grade for a player you secretly suspect only stayed in the NHL so long by virtue of having really good dirt on someone important.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt