29 replies to this topic

#1 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/wo...ture/?id=109271

Looks like Jake will be returning and Tony will join. It will be good to see Mantha play against the best juniors in the world. 

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#2 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

I saw Hudon on the roster and thought our 5th round pick from 2011 had really blossomed! Then I realized I had forgotten our guy was named Phillipe!

I had heard some say that Paterson was really playing the best going into last year but that Subban got the minutes because of name recognition.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#3 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

Excited to see that Mantha/Drouin combo again.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#4 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

Good news since I have secured tickets to the medal games. I figure Mantha should be in one of them.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#5 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

I saw Hudon on the roster and thought our 5th round pick from 2011 had really blossomed! Then I realized I had forgotten our guy was named Phillipe!

I had heard some say that Paterson was really playing the best going into last year but that Subban got the minutes because of name recognition.

Ya Subban was complete garbage and whined at his D for every goal that went in his net even if he could see it float past his weak glove.  Patterson is a much more solid all around goalies and the team scouts and coach knew that.  They likely just didn't want to deal with that idiot P.K. running his mouth wherever he possibly could.

I hope Mantha wins the tournament MVP with a 2 goals per game average.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#6 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

both Jake and Anthony made the final roster today. somehow Booby Mac had Mantha on the bubble to be cut after he setup the GWG and scored the insurance goal in a 4-2 win over the fins. makes me shake my head. His play today reminded me of mule with speed.

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#7 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

I usually play the "hate Canada, go SWEDEN" game in the WJC, but this year I'll have to actually keep a somewhat unbiased eye on Canada and root for Mantha. Hope the kid does well. 

And Sweden still ends up winning  :lol:

#8 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

Paterson sounds like he's destined to get the shaft again as the starter cause Fucale won the Memorial Cup with a stacked team. Mantha was really good today. Big strong kid who can hang on to the puck and knows where to go to get open and get good scoring chances.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#9 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

From what I read Paterson could get playing time also because he was on the team last year

#10 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

USA team all the way. Always a great tournament to watch...

But definitely keeping an eye on Mantha without a doubt...

#11 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

I thought Paterson was American for some reason. Both making the Canadian roster is even better.

#12 roaddaw9

roaddaw9

Rookie

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

Jake playing unless he is having a good camp might be difficult. As someone who gets to watch him play juniors on a routine basis, Jake has not been Jake. Been fighting the puck and his been a little "average" this year after a great campaign last year. Hoping that he gets out of this "funk" but he just hasn't been playing like he did last year. Almost like the pressure of being drafted is getting to him......

#13 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

I think it's more along the team being worse as a whole this year than last year...Plymouth is going through the same thing

Edited by PumpkinEscobar, 21 December 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#14 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:55 AM

I really hope Mantha or Bo Horvat are laying big hit after big hit on that cocky russian kid Burakovsky.

Unreal, this isn't even a lockout year and Team Canada again looks like an absolute loaded team.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#15 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

I really hope Mantha or Bo Horvat are laying big hit after big hit on that cocky russian kid Burakovsky.

Unreal, this isn't even a lockout year and Team Canada again looks like an absolute loaded team.

Russian kid? Isn't Burakovsky part of the Swedish team who are currently schooling the canadians?

Sweden won 3-0 and Paterson still got names Canada's player of the game, that says a bit about the game.

Burakovsky scored one goal and got Sweden's player of the game.

Edited by Ekmanc, 22 December 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#16 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Russian kid? Isn't Burakovsky part of the Swedish team who are currently schooling the canadians?

Sweden won 3-0 and Paterson still got names Canada's player of the game, that says a bit about the game.

Burakovsky scored one goal and got Sweden's player of the game.

Wow thought for sure the kid would be a Russian given his name. Nonetheless no need for such cocky comments.

Sweden once again has an impressive roster

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#17 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Paterson played great even though Canada lost. Still talk Mantha could be cut yet. Didn't show up much today, although that can be said for most on the Canadian roster

#18 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Mantha was pretty invisible today, I had hoped to see more of him.

#19 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

I say he gets cut
Posted Image

#20 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

I say he gets cut

I'm a little surprised by this, I thought he would be a top player on the team this year with his unbelievable scoring in the QMHL.