• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Smite

Paterson and Mantha on Team Canada roster for WJC

Rate this topic

I saw Hudon on the roster and thought our 5th round pick from 2011 had really blossomed! Then I realized I had forgotten our guy was named Phillipe!

I had heard some say that Paterson was really playing the best going into last year but that Subban got the minutes because of name recognition.

I saw Hudon on the roster and thought our 5th round pick from 2011 had really blossomed! Then I realized I had forgotten our guy was named Phillipe!

I had heard some say that Paterson was really playing the best going into last year but that Subban got the minutes because of name recognition.

Ya Subban was complete garbage and whined at his D for every goal that went in his net even if he could see it float past his weak glove. Patterson is a much more solid all around goalies and the team scouts and coach knew that. They likely just didn't want to deal with that idiot P.K. running his mouth wherever he possibly could.

I hope Mantha wins the tournament MVP with a 2 goals per game average.

both Jake and Anthony made the final roster today. somehow Booby Mac had Mantha on the bubble to be cut after he setup the GWG and scored the insurance goal in a 4-2 win over the fins. makes me shake my head. His play today reminded me of mule with speed.

Jake playing unless he is having a good camp might be difficult. As someone who gets to watch him play juniors on a routine basis, Jake has not been Jake. Been fighting the puck and his been a little "average" this year after a great campaign last year. Hoping that he gets out of this "funk" but he just hasn't been playing like he did last year. Almost like the pressure of being drafted is getting to him......

I really hope Mantha or Bo Horvat are laying big hit after big hit on that cocky russian kid Burakovsky.

Unreal, this isn't even a lockout year and Team Canada again looks like an absolute loaded team.

Russian kid? Isn't Burakovsky part of the Swedish team who are currently schooling the canadians?

Sweden won 3-0 and Paterson still got names Canada's player of the game, that says a bit about the game.

Burakovsky scored one goal and got Sweden's player of the game.

Edited by Ekmanc

I really hope Mantha or Bo Horvat are laying big hit after big hit on that cocky russian kid Burakovsky.

Unreal, this isn't even a lockout year and Team Canada again looks like an absolute loaded team.

Russian kid? Isn't Burakovsky part of the Swedish team who are currently schooling the canadians?

Sweden won 3-0 and Paterson still got names Canada's player of the game, that says a bit about the game.

Burakovsky scored one goal and got Sweden's player of the game.

Wow thought for sure the kid would be a Russian given his name. Nonetheless no need for such cocky comments.

Sweden once again has an impressive roster

Guest mjtm77

^ he's got good hands and is a goal scorer but there is a reason he fell in the draft. He is a big guy domainating kids. He is a good player but his points are inflated.

1. Notable change for CAN today vs. SUI -- Jonathan Drouin moves from LW to C on a line with RW Anthony Mantha and LW Taylor Leier.

2. Jake Paterson expected to start in net for CAN vs SUI today (12 noon ET on TSN). If he plays well, good chance he'll be starter on Dec. 26.

Edited by Smite

I say he gets cut

I don't understand this comment. I haven't been following Canada's roster too closely but my understanding was always that Mantha is one of their biggest stars this year. Seems to be a lock on the 1st line and scored a hat-trick in the first game. Was there actually a chance that he would get cut?