• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13dangledangle

Zetterberg out at least 2 weeks with herniated disc

Rate this topic

This is a big deal. I have bad back issues due to herniated discs and I can't fathom playing professional hockey with it. Its not something that really gets better either. Hope this isn't the beginning of the end for Z.

i have had a herniated disc ever since the army. pretty much turned me into a involuntary whimp. pretty much nothing else kills a mans ability to be a man. the doctor even told me i should never lift more than lbs 30 which pretty much means i can't lift anything.

These news could really suck. i hold faith that he is in better share than i ever was. hope that helps

Edited by Spongewingredpants

That's no good. The Wings have been wining without his production lately, so hopefully they can keep it going. I would move Weiss up to the top line to til Z's spot and have whoever's next on the depth chart come to play 4th line center... Do we have the cap space/roster space for that?

Here's the offical tweet to confirm it.

Detroit Red Wings@DetroitRedWings

Per Ken Holland, Henrik Zetterberg will miss a minimum of two weeks with a small herniated disc. #RedWings

Balls.

I thought it might be a good chance for Weiss to get back in the top six, step up and get his game going. But Babs seems to have other plans.

Ansar Khan@AnsarKhanMLive

Looks will Franzen will return to center to replace Zetterberg on line with Nyquist and Bertuzzi. Other lines the same in practice.

They're skating with franzen between nyquist and bert.

Pipe dream, but i wanna see jurcs up.

Unfortunate. This would be a good chance to get Weiss out of his funk, by giving him some minutes and seeing what he could do. He won;t snap out of his funk anchoring cleary and sammy every game.

Hopefully they just slot weiss in Z's spot and get Glendening to center the 4th until Datsyuk is back. Minimal messing with a winning lineup.

Glendenning? I would rather see someone that is actually good at hockey come up.