• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13dangledangle

Zetterberg out at least 2 weeks with herniated disc

Rate this topic

This is going to be a big test on our depth and if Weiss was worth the contract we gave him. I agree with what some have said, pull Weiss back up to one of the top 2 lines and give him an opportunity to get his game going and produce in the absence of our top two offensive weapons.

Franzen has been on his game, Alfredsson has been producing, and if Weiss plays the way we need him to we still can string together some wins and get through this until Pav and Zett return.

I'm not too concerned but we'll see how the next few games unfold.

Pretty much if Weisser steps up and atleast partially fills Z's shoes and produces for the next 2 weeks were golden. If he continues to be invisible then say goodbye to our playoff spot for the time being.

Losing our Eurotwins (combined 52 points) will really be a challenge for the team to win games.

But this is the test of tests, can this TEAM step up without its stars?

Its comparable to losing CHI(Toews/Kane), ANA(Getzlaf/Perry), PIT(Crosby/Malkin), TBL(St.louis/Stamkos) at the SAME TIME....what would those teams be without those guys? Not a whole lot.

Im hoping for the best but certainly expecting the worst.

PIT has spent plenty of time without Crosby and Malkin, and they did fine in the regular season. Same with the senators. I expect the wings to keep a reasonable pace for winning in these next couple of weeks.

Well, now that Emmerton is being recalled, Babs should have no choice but to put Weiss in Z's spot and not mess with chemistry. It's never good to be without your 2 best players, but this is make or break time for Weiss in the the season as long as Babs does the right (and OBVIOUS) thing.

Emmerton. Odd choice. I guess he's a center, but what about Glendening, Eaves or Tootoo? Any one of those guys has more of a future with this club than Emmerton.

Hollands well managed off-season is the reason for Emmertons re-call. He's the only one that fits in dollars wise. (With no one eligible to go on LTIR or STIR)

Gotta say I'll be very surprised if he returns in 2 weeks. Everything I know about back injuries, specifically herniated discs (im a Physical Therapist) would lead me to think he will be out at least a month. Obviously the severity can be different for each person, but generally speaking it takes at least 4 weeks and in some cases up to 6 months for recovery. And it's extremely easy to re-injure during the recovery process. Meaning he will most likely be couch potato until his back is 100% healed. Let's just hope and pray he can return in 2 weeks.

Hollands well managed off-season is the reason for Emmertons re-call. He's the only one that fits in dollars wise. (With no one eligible to go on LTIR or STIR)

I wonder how that conversation goes:

"Good new kid! They liked what they saw in your cap hit. You're getting called up to the big club!" :P

2 weeks nah, ill be surprised if he plays in the winter classic

i have 2 bulging disc so i know a little bit of what its like

wouldnt that be some winter classic, no Z or dats

Well I'm going to be an optimist and go with the fact that injuries vary from person to person and he's getting the best medical advice money can buy.

It's also a "small herniated disc" which I guess is better than what it's been in the past.

This blows. Going to my first live Wings game next Thursday. Haven't been to a live Wings game since the trips with the old man back at the Joe over 25 years ago. The St. Pete Times forum will be without Hank, DD, Stamkos, & maybe Pavs.

At least I'll get to see Cleary, Emmerton, & Sammy in person ;)

If I was to somehow bump into "The Captain" it would make up for this slight by the Hockey Gods.

I'm confused...

How does one come back from a herniated disc in 2 weeks? How is this not career limiting?

I've known two people who have had herniated discs (my father and a coworker) and they're heavy sports days were over once they got em. Told they "never really go away".

Why in this case is there optimism it won't be the same for Hank? Not trying to be deflating, just realistic.

This is not good. Not good at all. I'm hoping this team surprises me like they did when we found out Pav was gonna be out. But with both Pav and Z out that's pretty hard to envision. Pretty much their only option right now is secondary scoring, they're two primary scorers are out. Why god whyyyyy

I'm confused...

How does one come back from a herniated disc in 2 weeks? How is this not career limiting?

I've known two people who have had herniated discs (my father and a coworker) and they're heavy sports days were over once they got em. Told they "never really go away".

Why in this case is there optimism it won't be the same for Hank? Not trying to be deflating, just realistic.

There are degrees of herniated discs, as well like any injury it depends on what age you get them at. Obviously this isn't Zetterberg's first back injury.

I'm also going to assume Zetterberg's doctors are of a different class than your father/co-workers.

I would be worried if he was put on LTIR but I don't think it's as serious as people think. We have a serious cap problem and I don't think management would be overly optimistic at risk of not being able to call up anybody but Emmerton. Datsyuk as well. I think he'll start practicing soon

I would be worried if he was put on LTIR but I don't think it's as serious as people think. We have a serious cap problem and I don't think management would be overly optimistic at risk of not being able to call up anybody but Emmerton. Datsyuk as well. I think he'll start practicing soon

Agreed. Although if they are saying a minimum of 2 weeks then why not put Z on LTIR to let him rest an extra week. Also that would free up cap room to recall Eaves or 22 wouldn't it?

Edited by Vladiator

Guest DeGraa55

Sucks he is out. But not surprised...he has been injury prone these last few years.

Sucks he is out. But not surprised...he has been injury prone these last few years.

I wouldn't really say he has been injury prone considering he hasn't missed more then 2 games in a season since 09-10 and hasn't missed more then 8 games since 06-07. Ya he has had back issues in the past, but almost every year he has still been almost a point per game even if he was battling through back pain.

Guest DeGraa55

I wouldn't really say he has been injury prone considering he hasn't missed more then 2 games in a season since 09-10 and hasn't missed more then 8 games since 06-07. Ya he has had back issues in the past, but almost every year he has still been almost a point per game even if he was battling through back pain.

Last year 2 games

11-12 surprising....0

10-11 ...2

09-10 ...8

08-09 ..5

07-08 ...7

06-07 ...19

05-06 ...5

03-04 ...21

02-03 ...3

Averages 7 missed games a year. Not including this year and it'll only get worse with age.