• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13dangledangle

Zetterberg out at least 2 weeks with herniated disc

Rate this topic

This is a big deal. I have bad back issues due to herniated discs and I can't fathom playing professional hockey with it. Its not something that really gets better either. Hope this isn't the beginning of the end for Z.

i have had a herniated disc ever since the army. pretty much turned me into a involuntary whimp. pretty much nothing else kills a mans ability to be a man. the doctor even told me i should never lift more than lbs 30 which pretty much means i can't lift anything.

Thus news could really suck. i hold faith that he is in better share than i ever was. hope that helps

Uhh... can someone PLEASE tell me these guys don't know what they're talking about and Z will be fine???

Please.

Really bad news. Our schedule is ideal right now though, so we should tread water just fine. Puts a bit more pressure on Howard to continue to rebound and carry the team. Surprised that with Datsyuk and Zetterberg out that Babs refuses to use Weiss in anything other then 10mins of wasted ice a game. This is the time to put him with Franzen and Nyquist, give him PP time and really hope to get him going. Then get Z and D back and boom, there's depth. Instead the pressure falls completely on Franzen and Helm to be our top guys. Which is nuts, despite how hot they have been the last little while.

i just hope Z doesn't rush back too early and make it worse. we can survive a couple weeks without him but much longer and we might be in trouble.

who do you think gets the temporary c with pav and z both out? kronwall? alfie? i bet its cleary

They'll just go with 3 A's

this is AWFUL news ! and now if were expecting weiss to step it up and help us out of this funk were in trouble ... i hope im wrong but in my personal opinion ive always thought he was overrated , got only a few seasons of 50+ pts in florida playing top minutes and powerplays and didnt really make anyone better in florida , like i said i hope i am wrong and he wakes the f up cause we sure as hell need him now

franzen has played center before right? maybe babs will take a look at him at center for a few games?

i think ferraro and callahan should play a few games here before the season ends to see if they got a future here ( there both out of waiver options next year) so maybe now is the time to call one of them up?(not to play top 2 lines obviously)

That's a bit much.
But i am petitioning for jurco,
I dont have a sign up sheet yet...

jurco needs to stay down all year and dominate the hell out of the ahl and maybe be ready next year if he plays incredible at training camp or just stay another year in the ahl again , still only 20

NOOOOOOOOO! Z has had back trouble in the past, but this could be serious. As Helm and Bertuzzi has shown, back injuries can really get drawn out. He seemed a bit hampered the last few games (though still playing great). Figures it happens when we are already missing important bodies AND he is in the hunt for the league points lead.

Three most reliable players are now down. It never ends and we just can't catch a break. Time to see if our supporting cast(looking at you Weiss) can carry us. Good thing Nyquist and Tatar are here. Go Wings!

Weiss still number 4? :lol: Babcock is an idiot.

Let's move Franzen to center and keep a real center buried on the 4th line. How about we put Franzen between Cleary and Sammy? It can be called the "Soon to be X-Wings" line...

Sucks about Z, but his back has had issues for years now, I would say that is started right about when he signed his retirement contract...

Until I hear differently, Z will be fine and back in the lineup soon. I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard "Bertuzzi is done, you don't get over this" or "Helm is done, you don't get over this". Zetterberg's got all the access to space aged technology and healthcare that money can buy. He's gonna be fine.

And now this per KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN :

Ansar Khan@AnsarKhanMLive

Babcock said Bertuzzi is not ready to play tomorrow. Doesn't know if they can call someone up from GR

If I understand the rules they have no capspace to call someone up as long as Dats, Bert and Z aren't on the LTIR, right ?! That could mean that Babs has no other choice than playing Weiss in the top six.

In Babcock's defence, he is trying to keep the lines as close to what's been working. If he did what most people are suggesting - moving Weiss to the 1st line - that would leave Sammy Cleary and Bertuzzi on the 4th line. I'm not sure too many people around here would like the geriatric line.

I do hope Weiss gets moved up and they'd have to shuffle somebody else around to the 4th. Abby as center in place of bert?

Well this sucks big time. Sucks for Z who was playing his best regular season hockey in years. Sucks for the team just as we were hitting our stride.

There's me thinking we've got a relatively light schedule in the next month and could really push the Bruins for 1st place. Right now, with no Dats, Z or DD I'd just be happy with a wild-card spot and a healthy roster going into the playoffs.