• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#41 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

who do you think gets the temporary c with pav and z both out? kronwall? alfie? i bet its cleary

Quincey. (Kronwall.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#42 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

To say that I was nervous would be a gross understatement haha...but honestly I think these guys can overcome this and really have our "secondary" people stand up shine! Jimmy now would be a good time to find your groove
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#43 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

This is just awful news. Just as we start hitting our stride too, it wasn't bad enough dats is out, now z too... This can't be anything but bad.

1619431_10152076754861235_68631640462286

#44 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Weiss still number 4? :lol: Babcock is an idiot.

Let's move Franzen to center and keep a real center buried on the 4th line.  How about we put Franzen between Cleary and Sammy? It can be called the "Soon to be X-Wings" line...

Sucks about Z, but his back has had issues for years now, I would say that is started right about when he signed his retirement contract...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.50 PPG

#45 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

Until I hear differently, Z will be fine and back in the lineup soon.  I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard "Bertuzzi is done, you don't get over this" or "Helm is done, you don't get over this".  Zetterberg's got all the access to space aged technology and healthcare that money can buy.  He's gonna be fine.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#46 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

And now this per KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN : 

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive

Babcock said Bertuzzi is not ready to play tomorrow. Doesn't know if they can call someone up from GR

If I understand the rules they have no capspace to call someone up as long as Dats, Bert and Z aren't on the LTIR, right ?! That could mean that Babs has no other choice than playing Weiss in the top six.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#47 gurnsy200

gurnsy200

Prospect

• 34 posts

No Bertuzzi on Wednesday either now....wonder if Eaves is on his way back?

#48 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

In Babcock's defence, he is trying to keep the lines as close to what's been working. If he did what most people are suggesting - moving Weiss to the 1st line - that would leave Sammy Cleary and Bertuzzi on the 4th line. I'm not sure too many people around here would like the geriatric line.

I do hope Weiss gets moved up and they'd have to shuffle somebody else around to the 4th. Abby as center in place of bert?

#49 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

Well this sucks big time.  Sucks for Z who was playing his best regular season hockey in years.  Sucks for the team just as we were hitting our stride.

There's me thinking we've got a relatively light schedule in the next month and could really push the Bruins for 1st place.  Right now, with no Dats, Z or DD I'd just be happy with a wild-card spot and a healthy roster going into the playoffs.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#50 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

No Bertuzzi on Wednesday either now....wonder if Eaves is on his way back?

rather see sheahan/ferraro/callahan called up ... gotta see if any of those guys got a future here

#51 gurnsy200

gurnsy200

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

rather see sheahan/ferraro/callahan called up ... gotta see if any of those guys got a future here

Oh of course I would too but knowing how things go it'll likely be Eaves or Glendening rather than a new face.

#52 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

They can't call someone up as an "emergency" for one game?

1619431_10152076754861235_68631640462286

#53 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

The Hockey Gods are testing us. Monumental adversity. If we pass the test, we go on to win the Cup. Then we say, "Y'know, looking back, that was probably the turning point for this team," and such.

That's how it works, right?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#54 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

A few thoughts:

Holland specifically said "small herniated disc" which is at least somewhat encouraging based on everything I've heard about herniated discs. 

Thank goodness Helm and Nyquist are already in the lineup and playing great. Franzen's play recently is a big help with  Pav and Z out as well.

Even with the captain out, I'm not at all worried about leadership with all the vets on this team. Alfie will shine in that department.

Opportunity. This gives guys like Weiss, Cleary, Sammy a HUGE opportunity to step up and make a difference to this team. If they don't, they will be the guys gone (God willing) when the injured guys start coming back to the lineup. I know we all have low expectations of these guys at this point, but they have to step up and now they get as good of a chance as they can hope for.

I know it sounds odd, but in a weird way injuries were the best thing to happen to this team last season. It gives players opportunities to surprise and it also forces the team to play harder and hungrier than they are normally forced to play.

Edited by hooon, 03 December 2013 - 12:26 PM.

Posted Image

#55 gurnsy200

gurnsy200

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

According to Khan, Holland is meeting with coaches before they decide who to call up.  HOPEFULLY its Jurco!

#56 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

According to Khan, Holland is meeting with coaches before they decide who to call up.  HOPEFULLY its Jurco!

Let us pray.

#57 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

shouldnt mess with jurco's progress , let him keep dominating the ahl , maybe ferraro??

nyquist franzen alfredsson

tatar helm ferraro (fast as hell line)

abdelkader weiss samuelsson

cleary andersson miller

maybe our lineup would look like something like this ? .... god we need datsyuk back fast

#58 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

The Hockey Gods are testing us. Monumental adversity. If we pass the test, we go on to win the Cup. Then we say, "Y'know, looking back, that was probably the turning point for this team," and such.

That's how it works, right?

There are no hockey gods. and if there were, they'd be wearing Patrick Kane jerseys.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#59 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

Why does everyone keep saying Weiss needs to step up now ? How can he playing 8 minutes between 2 scrubs. Babcock needs to stop being retarded and let him replace z for now.

02_notcomplicated_Kronwalled55_zpsc7d665

#60 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,271 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

Have Datsyuk and Zetterberg ever been out injured at the same time before since they've become leaders on the team? Say 2007?  This is horrifying.  I'm sure they'll come out okay, but God help us if our secondary scoring suddenly dries up again.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.