• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#61 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

i don't like this tendency a bit... injury to our star player is a root cause for team to play to the level of their talant...

awful...

i want cowen head... now...

#62 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

That's a big problem right here, the two best centers are out now others really need to step up. Try Helmet as a 2 line center? Get well soon captain beard

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#63 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,917 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

Alfie had the A once Pavel went down.  The other A will probably go to another veteran player.  I'm honestly thinking Cleary.  He was brought back for his "veteran leadership and work ethic".  That's what someone wears a letter to do. 

It would make the most use of his strengths (or- for you who don't like him- let him do something worthwhile to account for being the sum total of all the evil in the hockey world not named Crosby sucked into the vortex of ill that is Cleary and his contract). 

It would also be a nice tribute to him for all that he has given to the team over the years.  Hopefully Z or Pavel will return soon and it will be temporary.

i want cowen head... now...

You meant to make cowen a possessive, right? 

#64 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

shouldnt mess with jurco's progress , let him keep dominating the ahl , maybe ferraro??

A couple of weeks in the big league will do him good.  He gets to see if he can really cut it - either it gives him confidence that he can be an NHL player, or he realises he's not there yet and needs to go away and work on his game.

Plus it give Holland + Babs a chance to evaluate him.  Do they need to keep a 2014 roster spot open for him, or are they going to wait till 2015.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#65 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

Alfie had the A once Pavel went down.  The other A will probably go to another veteran player.  I'm honestly thinking Cleary.  He was brought back for his "veteran leadership and work ethic".  That's what someone wears a letter to do. 

It would make the most use of his strengths (or- for you who don't like him- let him do something worthwhile to account for being the sum total of all the evil in the hockey world not named Crosby sucked into the vortex of ill that is Cleary and his contract). 

It would also be a nice tribute to him for all that he has given to the team over the years.  Hopefully Z or Pavel will return soon and it will be temporary.

You meant to make cowen a possessive, right? 

Time to give Darren Helm an A. He deserves it. 

#66 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

I metaphoric terms, Just when we get the motor running we blow 2 tires. We now have 2 of those dinky little donut spare tires where a pair of european performance tires used to be...

Time for Alfie, Helm, Nyquist, Franzen, and Kronner to pick up the scoring slack even more than they already have. Alot to ask.

If both Pasha n Hank miss the winter classic I might sell my ticket.

Also, as unlikely as it may be, I want to see Jurco called up as well. I feel like he'll dominate like Nyquist. He's bigger than both Nyquist/tatar and is just as fast with a better shot than both. Hes NHL size (somethin like 6'2/195 lbs), is a sniper, and has nasty hands. Certainly couldnt hurt.

#67 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

Franzen will likely get the A. The way he has been playing lately, he deserves it, along with Helmer, Ericsson.

I metaphoric terms, Just when we get the motor running we blow 2 tires. We now have 2 of those dinky little donut spare tires where a pair of european performance tires used to be...

Time for Alfie, Helm, Nyquist, Franzen, and Kronner to pick up the scoring slack even more than they already have. Alot to ask.

If both Pasha n Hank miss the winter classic I might sell my ticket.

Also, as unlikely as it may be, I want to see Jurco called up as well. I feel like he'll dominate like Nyquist. He's bigger than both Nyquist/tatar and is just as fast with a better shot than both. Hes NHL size (somethin like 6'2/195 lbs), is a sniper, and has nasty hands. Certainly couldnt hurt.

I have read that Pavel is due back within the next week. Personally, I would take our chances with the next 3 games without Pavs in the lineup, even if that meant losing all 3 games, because we need to make sure he is fully healthy. To be honest, we are fortunate that the schedule is not too hard this week. I expect we will see Alfie continue to have a big impact for us, and he will step up even more.

#68 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 11s
Wings GM Ken Holland just said they will call up Cory Emmerton for Wednesday's game with Flyers.

W.T.F?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#69 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Alfredsson was able to lead a Spezza and Karlsson-less Ottawa team into the playoffs last year. Let's see what he can do for the next two weeks here in Detroit.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#70 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

Franzen will likely get the A. The way he has been playing lately, he deserves it, along with Helmer, Ericsson.

I have read that Pavel is due back within the next week. Personally, I would take our chances with the next 3 games without Pavs in the lineup, even if that meant losing all 3 games, because we need to make sure he is fully healthy. To be honest, we are fortunate that the schedule is not too hard this week. I expect we will see Alfie continue to have a big impact for us, and he will step up even more.

I agree entirely, i posted my theory about the schecule/dats injury in the dats injury thread. But as we learned with injuries to helm/bert/etc. theyd like pavs back within a week but its gonna be a real krap shoot as to how long it will ACTUALLY take him to be back in the lineup.

#71 gurnsy200

gurnsy200

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Bleh Emmerton recalled.  Oh well.

#72 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

W.T.F?

:shout:

Bleh Emmerton recalled.  Oh well.

:shout:

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#73 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

The Production Line ‏@TPLhockey 4m
The only players who could have been called up with the space available were Parkes, Coetzee, & Emmerton (who was). $1000 away from Callahan

Emmerton can do an okay job. This means Weiss will get his chance on the top line (I'm assuming). It's his time to show what he's got. If he doesn't do anything playing on the 1st line with Franzen and Nyquist I think it's time to be worried about him for real. 

Edited by dat's sick, 03 December 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#74 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

The return of emdog. Watch out flyers! Our secret weapon is coming back

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#75 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

So until berta back were lookin at potential lines of:

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist
Abby-Helm-Alfie
Miller-Andy-Tatar
Cleary-Emmerton-Sammy.

#76 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

This is the perfect chance for Stephen Weiss to turn his season around

#77 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

Helm the C nevermind the A.. from 4th line to 1st line :) 

Damn get back soon Dats and Z! 

#78 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

Really want to see a nyq-helm-Tatar line. Not necessarily regularly until we're healthy but if anything at least a power play chance..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#79 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!

Not really.

Like others have said, time for some other guys to please stand up please stand up.

#80 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Really want to see a nyq-helm-Tatar line. Not necessarily regularly until we're healthy but if anything at least a power play chance..

Agreed. That line would wreak havoc.

Posted Image