• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13dangledangle

Zetterberg out at least 2 weeks with herniated disc

Rate this topic

Pretty much if Weisser steps up and atleast partially fills Z's shoes and produces for the next 2 weeks were golden. If he continues to be invisible then say goodbye to our playoff spot for the time being.

Losing our Eurotwins (combined 52 points) will really be a challenge for the team to win games.

But this is the test of tests, can this TEAM step up without its stars?

Its comparable to losing CHI(Toews/Kane), ANA(Getzlaf/Perry), PIT(Crosby/Malkin), TBL(St.louis/Stamkos) at the SAME TIME....what would those teams be without those guys? Not a whole lot.

Im hoping for the best but certainly expecting the worst.

Pretty much if Weisser steps up and atleast partially fills Z's shoes and produces for the next 2 weeks were golden. If he continues to be invisible then say goodbye to our playoff spot for the time being.

Losing our Eurotwins (combined 52 points) will really be a challenge for the team to win games.

But this is the test of tests, can this TEAM step up without its stars?

Its comparable to losing CHI(Toews/Kane), ANA(Getzlaf/Perry), PIT(Crosby/Malkin), TBL(St.louis/Stamkos) at the SAME TIME....what would those teams be without those guys? Not a whole lot.

Im hoping for the best but certainly expecting the worst.

We're certainly better off than the other teams listed if they were to lose said star players..

What's comforting is the rest of the team has been producing (18 goals the past 4 games) with minimal help from Z (1g, 2a last four games) & pav out.

Hope they continue that pace. Couple that with good play in net and defensively and we'll be ok for the time being.

I hate to say this guys but he won't be back on the ice in two weeks. Go to DetroitRedWings.com and watch the video of him talking about his issues to the media and at the end the reporter asked him if he'd be back on the ice in two weeks and replied "Probably not." I say he's out for a month at least.

From Khan's article on Mlive:

“We just have to see how I respond to the treatment,’’ Zetterberg said. “We’ve got to give it a couple weeks just to let it settle down and we’ll go from there.

“I’ve been through this before so maybe I’m a little bit calmer now than when it happened last time.’’

Zetterberg missed close to two weeks with back spasms in 2008 and had back issues the previous season, too.

“In a way I’m more mobile know than I was in ’08, so that’s a good sign,’’ he said.

Zetterberg said this injury is in a similar spot but isn’t the same disc. He said he can’t pinpoint exactly when it happened.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/12/red_wings_henrik_zetterberg_wi_2.html

My day was going so well and then I read this and it went in the crapper. Let's hope he at least gets back by the Winter Classic.

Why the f*** is Franzen moving to center? He will be completely out of position, with how hot he's been lately why move him. Why not just bump Weiss up? Weiss is completely worthless on the fourth line with Cleary and Sammy, why not move him up and see if he can rediscover whatever it was that the Wings saw in him that made them give him 5 years.

FubLuz8.gif

Ok ok...here are my thoughts so far:

- This isn't so bad. It will give us a chance to see what the team looks like once the last of the 2002 Champion veterans are gone.

- The next 4 games are against teams with losing records

- ....but they play down to bad teams...

- Maybe it will force Weiss to step it up

- haha, and maybe Cleary and Quincey won't suck

- At least we have Tatar, Helm, and NyQuist

- DANGER ZONE

- This is the one saving grace of this team right now

- At least we have brick walls, Howie and The Monster

- QUINCEY

Edited by King Crane

Weiss is invisible because of his line mates....Babcock is a ******.

With Hank and Pav out, the centers should be Weiss, Helm, Andersson, Sheahan...in that order. But I know they are strapped by the Cap, so Sheahan will not be here. Maybe move Abby back to center? Frick Franzen being there...if he does play center, HE should be the 4th liner with Cleary and Sammy...

Uhh... can someone PLEASE tell me these guys don't know what they're talking about and Z will be fine???

Please.

I've had same thing for fifteen years and mine flares up now and then but Z is far from finished, don't worry. Unless they are lying about severity, it's something you can maintain. I was a roofer for 5 years with herniated disc and while painful not debilitating. He may need to take some games off here and there but if this was playoff time he likely wouldn't miss a game imo.

A few thoughts:

Holland specifically said "small herniated disc" which is at least somewhat encouraging based on everything I've heard about herniated discs.

Thank goodness Helm and Nyquist are already in the lineup and playing great. Franzen's play recently is a big help with Pav and Z out as well.

Even with the captain out, I'm not at all worried about leadership with all the vets on this team. Alfie will shine in that department.

Opportunity. This gives guys like Weiss, Cleary, Sammy a HUGE opportunity to step up and make a difference to this team. If they don't, they will be the guys gone (God willing) when the injured guys start coming back to the lineup. I know we all have low expectations of these guys at this point, but they have to step up and now they get as good of a chance as they can hope for.

I know it sounds odd, but in a weird way injuries were the best thing to happen to this team last season. It gives players opportunities to surprise and it also forces the team to play harder and hungrier than they are normally forced to play.

Well said, couldn't agree more.

The return of emdog. Watch out flyers! Our secret weapon is coming back

Where's axe when you need him lol

I feel your pain.. I've got Z, stamkos, Seguin, Horton, quick all out right now. :(

Ya dats and Seguin are out for me as well. I lost Nash for a while too

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1874319-why-missing-henrik-zetterberg-and-pavel-datsyuk-wont-faze-the-red-wings

A lot of the points in the article have been pointed out already, but it's worth a look anyway

With Hank and Pav out, the centers should be Weiss, Helm, Andersson, Sheahan...in that order. But I know they are strapped by the Cap, so Sheahan will not be here. Maybe move Abby back to center? Frick Franzen being there...if he does play center, HE should be the 4th liner with Cleary and Sammy...

Franzen has seven points in the last four games, or something like that. He's really stepped up with Datsyuk out and is a major reason why we're riding an impressive four-game winning streak.

I know you hate him, but come on.

Weiss is invisible because of his line mates....Babcock is a ******.

4G/8A in 10 games in November and you want him on the fourth line. By comparison, Dats put up 7G/4A in 11 games. Blinded by spite you are.

Edited by rrasco

Yeah, I've been on the "buyout Franzen" bandwagon for quite a while, but even I've got to admit that he's been amazing since he came back.

Anyway, the shock is starting to wear off now. The good news is we're still 8 points clear of 9th spot, our PK is 2nd, our PP is 7th.

Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, Gustavsson, Alfredsson, Helm, Abdelkader, Franzen, Nyquist are all playing great. If we can go just .500 till we get Dats back we should hang onto a playoff spot easily.

We're certainly better off than the other teams listed if they were to lose said star players..

Not sure I fully agree. But the fact that we can even have that conversation now is pretty incredible. We've gone from being a two-man show to an actual team, and all in the span of, like, a week. Which, tbh, has me kind of excited about the next couple of weeks.