• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#121 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Sucks he is out. But not surprised...he has been injury prone these last few years.

I wouldn't really say he has been injury prone considering he hasn't missed more then 2 games in a season since 09-10 and hasn't missed more then 8 games since 06-07. Ya he has had back issues in the past, but almost every year he has still been almost a point per game even if he was battling through back pain.

#122 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

I am truly surprised the Club described the injury with that much detail.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#123 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

I am truly surprised the Club described the injury with that much detail.

why?

#124 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

Suffice it to say, this news ruined my day.  Get better soon, Hank.  :wub:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#125 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

I wouldn't really say he has been injury prone considering he hasn't missed more then 2 games in a season since 09-10 and hasn't missed more then 8 games since 06-07. Ya he has had back issues in the past, but almost every year he has still been almost a point per game even if he was battling through back pain.

Last year 2 games
11-12 surprising....0
10-11 ...2
09-10 ...8
08-09 ..5
07-08 ...7
06-07 ...19
05-06 ...5
03-04 ...21
02-03 ...3

Averages 7 missed games a year. Not including this year and it'll only get worse with age.

#126 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

Something like this can really bring the team together. There's no reason right now to believe that the wings can't keep up pace . The secondary has been doing all the scoring lately. This is just what Weiss needs to prove what kind of player he is. If he doesn't come out flying trying to prove something then he can GTFO

Last year 2 games
11-12 surprising....0
10-11 ...2
09-10 ...8
08-09 ..5
07-08 ...7
06-07 ...19
05-06 ...5
03-04 ...21
02-03 ...3

Averages 7 missed games a year. Not including this year and it'll only get worse with age.

We're f***ed then trade him. Nobody will want him because he's bound to miss 7+ games a year as he gets older

#127 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Something like this can really bring the team together. There's no reason right now to believe that the wings can't keep up pace . The secondary has been doing all the scoring lately. This is just what Weiss needs to prove what kind of player he is. If he doesn't come out flying trying to prove something then he can GTFO

We're f***ed then trade him. Nobody will want him because he's bound to miss 7+ games a year as he gets older

No need to be a dick just stating a fact.

And with dats and z out we have pretty much nothing left. It what happens when we sign the likes of cleary and Sammy and not someone useful.

#128 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,661 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

So much for his resurgence.  Isn't this an injury that's hampered him for years?  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#129 Timezown

Timezown

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

NYQUIST AND TATAR WE NEED YOU PLS SHOW US YOU CAN BE OUR FUTURE

#130 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

#RedWings will be without Pavel Datsyuk (concussion) and Henrik Zetterberg (herniated disc) Wed vs. Flyers, 1st time since April 18, 2006

wow never realized that

#131 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

uhhh i don't think 7/82 games missed is considered injury prone...? if that's the case, most of the NHL is pretty injury prone. 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#132 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

No need to be a **** just stating a fact.

And with dats and z out we have pretty much nothing left. It what happens when we sign the likes of cleary and Sammy and not someone useful.

Sorry just getting annoyed by all the doom and gloom in here. Our best stretch of hockey (that we are currently playing right now) of the season has been because of our secondary scoring. Helm, Nyquist and Tatar are having career years. We have a top 6 center in Weiss that should be able to step in and do a serviceable job at filling Z's shoes unless he is in fact cursed. It's not the end of the world and I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the winning streak going.

It's only 2 weeks. People acting like Zetterbergs career is over and that's not an exaggeration people are actually saying these things

#133 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

Last year 2 games
11-12 surprising....0
10-11 ...2
09-10 ...8
08-09 ..5
07-08 ...7
06-07 ...19
05-06 ...5
03-04 ...21
02-03 ...3

all you've done here is proved me right... you said the last few years. he hasn't been "injury prone" since 06-07 if anything it has gotten better with age. 03-04 and 06-07 inflate those averages.since 06-07 he has averaged 4 missed games/year.

#134 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

all you've done here is proved me right... you said the last few years. he hasn't been "injury prone" since 06-07 if anything it has gotten better with age. 03-04 and 06-07 inflate those averages.since 06-07 he has averaged 4 missed games/year.

Lol I guess you're right my mistake on the choice of words I chose.

Sorry just getting annoyed by all the doom and gloom in here. Our best stretch of hockey (that we are currently playing right now) of the season has been because of our secondary scoring. Helm, Nyquist and Tatar are having career years. We have a top 6 center in Weiss that should be able to step in and do a serviceable job at filling Z's shoes unless he is in fact cursed. It's not the end of the world and I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the winning streak going.
It's only 2 weeks. People acting like Zetterbergs career is over and that's not an exaggeration people are actually saying these things

No his career shouldn't be over but I'd expect him to consistently be missing time for the rest of his career. TThat's where having our secondary scoring step up is good. The biggest issue I see is if him or DAT ever have injury at key points in the season or playoffs. Besides those two we don't have much primary scoring.

#135 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

This sucks. Terrible, terrible news. Z has been awesome this year........BUT.....this opens a few doors.

* Tatar is gonna see consistent PP time and second line time.
* Gus is going to get legit top line time
* Weiss will be seen on the second powernplay unit without the two Albatross wieghing the guy down. May getnhim the confidence he has been lacking. Mule has been very solid as of late as well.

This is a huge 2 weeks for the team. Let's see who steps up and takes their game to a different gear. Character. This team has it so let's see who rises up.
Heal Zetty!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#136 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

this is AWFUL news !  and now if were expecting weiss to step it up and help us out of this funk were in trouble  ... i hope im wrong but in my personal opinion ive always thought he was overrated , got only a few seasons of 50+ pts in florida playing top minutes and powerplays  and didnt really make anyone better in florida , like i said i hope i am wrong and he wakes the f up cause we sure as hell need him now

franzen has played center before right? maybe babs will take a look at him at center for a few games?

i think ferraro and callahan should play a few games here before the season ends to see if they got a future here ( there both out of waiver options next year) so maybe now is the time to call one of them up?(not to play top 2 lines obviously)

jurco needs to stay down all year and dominate the hell out of the ahl and maybe be ready next year if he plays incredible at training camp or just stay another year in the ahl again , still only 20

Weiss didn't make anyone better? Does David Booth ring a bell?

#137 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

First off I am suddenly more thankful than ever for Alfie. Obviously it sucks that Z is out but thankfully we have another great captain sitting in the room.

Secondly as has been talked about we need Weiss to prove what he's worth. End of that story.

Thirdly we need Howie to start playing like the Howie we saw at the end of last year if we're going to have any chance. Even with Pav and Z out we're not a terrible team, we're just not going to score as much. We need our goalies to steal a game or two.

We'll be a mediocre hockey team while Pav, Z and DK are out, but if the guys we have left can put it together, imagine how good we'll be when they're back. Blessing in disguise boys.

#138 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

Sucks he is out. But not surprised...he has been injury prone these last few years.

Maybe nagging injuries, but Z has hardly missed any time the past few years.

80, 82 and 46 (of 48) games played the past three seasons. All of that with the lingering back issues too, which fortunately hadn't really hampered him significantly until now. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#139 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

Weiss didn't make anyone better? Does David Booth ring a bell?

maybe they helped eachother out? weiss having all those top minutes and ppl minutes in 10 yrs only had 3   50+ pt seasons ... i didnt think he was gonna be this bad  thus far in detroit but i never expected him to be a 60-80 pt guy here, guess he cant handle the pressure he'd be better off somewhere like phoenix

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 03 December 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#140 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

Another thing this means is when we play Tampa coming up here the number one center match up could be Weiss vs Fil. That will be awesome to see.