• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#141 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,195 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

maybe they helped eachother out? weiss having all those top minutes and ppl minutes in 10 yrs only had 3   50+ pt seasons ... i didnt think he was gonna be this bad  thus far in detroit but i never expected him to be a 60-80 pt guy here, guess he cant handle the pressure he'd be better off somewhere like phoenix

O muh Gawd.

Weiss is cold. Players go cold, have highs and lows. Even Z has gone cold in the past. In fact, there was a time when people here thought Z's career was pretty much over. And Z wasn't even coming off surgery, a missed season (essentially), and a move from Sunrise, Florida to Hockeytown, USA.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#142 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

What drives me nuts is he's not a bad hockey player. You watch the games and he does almost everything right. My point being he's not a liability out there. I can't remember yelling at my tv "DAMNIT WEISS" at all really. Mostly It's "OH, so close" and crap like that. You gotta think if he keeps doing things right the luck and the bounces and the points will come. Here's to hoping that's sooner rather than later.

#143 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

What drives me nuts is he's not a bad hockey player. You watch the games and he does almost everything right. My point being he's not a liability out there. I can't remember yelling at my tv "DAMNIT WEISS" at all really. Mostly It's "OH, so close" and crap like that. You gotta think if he keeps doing things right the luck and the bounces and the points will come. Here's to hoping that's sooner rather than later.

I agree.
He has adjusted his play a bit since the start of the season, and I don't know whether it's because of a new system he's adapting to, or a new role as a fourth liner, or if he's not confident in himself, or a combination of the above. Earlier in the season he seemed more opportunistic around the net and down low, and now he seems to be playing higher out and more defensive. Anyway, I really hope he can snap out of this funk. I was watching Weiss highlights last night and it's astonishing how much of a difference there is.

#144 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

Weiss just needs to keep things simple. I think when he's playing with good players, he feels like he needs to give them the puck instead of trying to do his own thing. Take the puck to the net, get some shots and stop looking for the pass. Oh yea, better linemates will help with his confidence Babs.....

#145 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

why?

In this day and age of the League allowing teams to declare injuries as "upper-body" or "lower-body' injury...

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#146 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

Knowing Z's back history I would be surprised if this is just a 2 week thing. 

Edited by GoalieManPat, 04 December 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#147 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

If there was anytime for Weiss to step up it is now. More likely than not he will be off the Anchor line and will get some real minutes. A good 2 goal game would boost his confidence, but I'm sure a win with 18+min of playing time would help too.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Shoot-outs & Franzen

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#148 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

Like some members here - I too have had some herniated discs (2 in my lower back to be more specific).

Was outta work for nearly 2 months; had the 3 cortisone injections, and to this day I still get occasional numbness/tingling in my thigh.

Depending on the severity - Hank could very well miss out on the upcoming Winter Classic.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#149 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

Babs drives me f*cking crazy!  I'm glad that Weiss is up with Franzen and Nyquist...but, if Weiss is the obvious choice to replace Zetterberg in this scenario then he clearly shouldn't be on the fourth line to begin with.  If Weiss get's injured in practice today would he use Emmerton on the fourth line?  Of course not, Emmerton doesn't have the skill to (even temporarily) center the first line, Weiss does, so get him off the fourth line (and away from the two millstones he's got hanging around his neck).

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#150 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

In this day and age of the League allowing teams to declare injuries as "upper-body" or "lower-body' injury...

Yes but the wings are usually pretty up front with injuries for the most part