• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13dangledangle

Zetterberg out at least 2 weeks with herniated disc

Rate this topic

Something like this can really bring the team together. There's no reason right now to believe that the wings can't keep up pace . The secondary has been doing all the scoring lately. This is just what Weiss needs to prove what kind of player he is. If he doesn't come out flying trying to prove something then he can GTFO

Last year 2 games

11-12 surprising....0

10-11 ...2

09-10 ...8

08-09 ..5

07-08 ...7

06-07 ...19

05-06 ...5

03-04 ...21

02-03 ...3

Averages 7 missed games a year. Not including this year and it'll only get worse with age.

We're f***ed then trade him. Nobody will want him because he's bound to miss 7+ games a year as he gets older

Guest DeGraa55

Something like this can really bring the team together. There's no reason right now to believe that the wings can't keep up pace . The secondary has been doing all the scoring lately. This is just what Weiss needs to prove what kind of player he is. If he doesn't come out flying trying to prove something then he can GTFO

We're f***ed then trade him. Nobody will want him because he's bound to miss 7+ games a year as he gets older

No need to be a dick just stating a fact.

And with dats and z out we have pretty much nothing left. It what happens when we sign the likes of cleary and Sammy and not someone useful.

No need to be a **** just stating a fact.

And with dats and z out we have pretty much nothing left. It what happens when we sign the likes of cleary and Sammy and not someone useful.

Sorry just getting annoyed by all the doom and gloom in here. Our best stretch of hockey (that we are currently playing right now) of the season has been because of our secondary scoring. Helm, Nyquist and Tatar are having career years. We have a top 6 center in Weiss that should be able to step in and do a serviceable job at filling Z's shoes unless he is in fact cursed. It's not the end of the world and I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the winning streak going.

It's only 2 weeks. People acting like Zetterbergs career is over and that's not an exaggeration people are actually saying these things

Last year 2 games

11-12 surprising....0

10-11 ...2

09-10 ...8

08-09 ..5

07-08 ...7

06-07 ...19

05-06 ...5

03-04 ...21

02-03 ...3

Averages 7 missed games a year. Not including this year and it'll only get worse with age.

all you've done here is proved me right... you said the last few years. he hasn't been "injury prone" since 06-07 if anything it has gotten better with age. 03-04 and 06-07 inflate those averages.since 06-07 he has averaged 4 missed games/year.

Guest DeGraa55

all you've done here is proved me right... you said the last few years. he hasn't been "injury prone" since 06-07 if anything it has gotten better with age. 03-04 and 06-07 inflate those averages.since 06-07 he has averaged 4 missed games/year.

Lol I guess you're right my mistake on the choice of words I chose.

Sorry just getting annoyed by all the doom and gloom in here. Our best stretch of hockey (that we are currently playing right now) of the season has been because of our secondary scoring. Helm, Nyquist and Tatar are having career years. We have a top 6 center in Weiss that should be able to step in and do a serviceable job at filling Z's shoes unless he is in fact cursed. It's not the end of the world and I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the winning streak going.

It's only 2 weeks. People acting like Zetterbergs career is over and that's not an exaggeration people are actually saying these things

No his career shouldn't be over but I'd expect him to consistently be missing time for the rest of his career. TThat's where having our secondary scoring step up is good. The biggest issue I see is if him or DAT ever have injury at key points in the season or playoffs. Besides those two we don't have much primary scoring.

This sucks. Terrible, terrible news. Z has been awesome this year........BUT.....this opens a few doors.

* Tatar is gonna see consistent PP time and second line time.

* Gus is going to get legit top line time

* Weiss will be seen on the second powernplay unit without the two Albatross wieghing the guy down. May getnhim the confidence he has been lacking. Mule has been very solid as of late as well.

This is a huge 2 weeks for the team. Let's see who steps up and takes their game to a different gear. Character. This team has it so let's see who rises up.

Heal Zetty!

this is AWFUL news ! and now if were expecting weiss to step it up and help us out of this funk were in trouble ... i hope im wrong but in my personal opinion ive always thought he was overrated , got only a few seasons of 50+ pts in florida playing top minutes and powerplays and didnt really make anyone better in florida , like i said i hope i am wrong and he wakes the f up cause we sure as hell need him now

franzen has played center before right? maybe babs will take a look at him at center for a few games?

i think ferraro and callahan should play a few games here before the season ends to see if they got a future here ( there both out of waiver options next year) so maybe now is the time to call one of them up?(not to play top 2 lines obviously)

jurco needs to stay down all year and dominate the hell out of the ahl and maybe be ready next year if he plays incredible at training camp or just stay another year in the ahl again , still only 20

Weiss didn't make anyone better? Does David Booth ring a bell?

First off I am suddenly more thankful than ever for Alfie. Obviously it sucks that Z is out but thankfully we have another great captain sitting in the room.

Secondly as has been talked about we need Weiss to prove what he's worth. End of that story.

Thirdly we need Howie to start playing like the Howie we saw at the end of last year if we're going to have any chance. Even with Pav and Z out we're not a terrible team, we're just not going to score as much. We need our goalies to steal a game or two.

We'll be a mediocre hockey team while Pav, Z and DK are out, but if the guys we have left can put it together, imagine how good we'll be when they're back. Blessing in disguise boys.

Sucks he is out. But not surprised...he has been injury prone these last few years.

Maybe nagging injuries, but Z has hardly missed any time the past few years.

80, 82 and 46 (of 48) games played the past three seasons. All of that with the lingering back issues too, which fortunately hadn't really hampered him significantly until now.

Weiss didn't make anyone better? Does David Booth ring a bell?

maybe they helped eachother out? weiss having all those top minutes and ppl minutes in 10 yrs only had 3 50+ pt seasons ... i didnt think he was gonna be this bad thus far in detroit but i never expected him to be a 60-80 pt guy here, guess he cant handle the pressure he'd be better off somewhere like phoenix

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

maybe they helped eachother out? weiss having all those top minutes and ppl minutes in 10 yrs only had 3 50+ pt seasons ... i didnt think he was gonna be this bad thus far in detroit but i never expected him to be a 60-80 pt guy here, guess he cant handle the pressure he'd be better off somewhere like phoenix

O muh Gawd.

Weiss is cold. Players go cold, have highs and lows. Even Z has gone cold in the past. In fact, there was a time when people here thought Z's career was pretty much over. And Z wasn't even coming off surgery, a missed season (essentially), and a move from Sunrise, Florida to Hockeytown, USA.

What drives me nuts is he's not a bad hockey player. You watch the games and he does almost everything right. My point being he's not a liability out there. I can't remember yelling at my tv "DAMNIT WEISS" at all really. Mostly It's "OH, so close" and crap like that. You gotta think if he keeps doing things right the luck and the bounces and the points will come. Here's to hoping that's sooner rather than later.

What drives me nuts is he's not a bad hockey player. You watch the games and he does almost everything right. My point being he's not a liability out there. I can't remember yelling at my tv "DAMNIT WEISS" at all really. Mostly It's "OH, so close" and crap like that. You gotta think if he keeps doing things right the luck and the bounces and the points will come. Here's to hoping that's sooner rather than later.

I agree.

He has adjusted his play a bit since the start of the season, and I don't know whether it's because of a new system he's adapting to, or a new role as a fourth liner, or if he's not confident in himself, or a combination of the above. Earlier in the season he seemed more opportunistic around the net and down low, and now he seems to be playing higher out and more defensive. Anyway, I really hope he can snap out of this funk. I was watching Weiss highlights last night and it's astonishing how much of a difference there is.

Weiss just needs to keep things simple. I think when he's playing with good players, he feels like he needs to give them the puck instead of trying to do his own thing. Take the puck to the net, get some shots and stop looking for the pass. Oh yea, better linemates will help with his confidence Babs.....

If there was anytime for Weiss to step up it is now. More likely than not he will be off the Anchor line and will get some real minutes. A good 2 goal game would boost his confidence, but I'm sure a win with 18+min of playing time would help too.

Babs drives me f*cking crazy! I'm glad that Weiss is up with Franzen and Nyquist...but, if Weiss is the obvious choice to replace Zetterberg in this scenario then he clearly shouldn't be on the fourth line to begin with. If Weiss get's injured in practice today would he use Emmerton on the fourth line? Of course not, Emmerton doesn't have the skill to (even temporarily) center the first line, Weiss does, so get him off the fourth line (and away from the two millstones he's got hanging around his neck).