• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/4 GDT : Flyers 6 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Tatar and Nyquist have been excellent tonight.

The usual list of suspects were bad. Sadly, you have to include Weiss and Jimmy in that grouping right now.

They gotta figure out this consistently poor effort at home mess real soon.

Love Nyquist, but I wouldn't say he played excellent tonight. Do you see some of his decisions on the PP? A bunch on needless give aways.

So soon we forget the 29 save shutout posted by Howard last time out.

Did that 29 save shutout "so soon" make us forget his now 6-8-6 record? I hope not. The trend is terrible; the shutout was the exception that proves the rule.

I was having technical difficulties and didn't see Philly's fourth and fifth goal, what the hell happened?

Lashoff skated around the back of the net taking himself completely out of the play, while Couturier, who was right in front of him, stopped right beside the net and remained in the play. He then took a shot/pass and tapped in an easy goal while Lashoff was still nowhere useful.

Then, our PK sucked again and can't get the puck out of the zone to save their lives.

That's how I remember them.... someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

It is amazing and sometimes pretty embarassing...I don't know how many hundreds of times i've seen our fans talk s*** about how terrible other teams fans are. They should look in the mirror.

Imagine someone being happy when his/her team wins and demoralized when they lose, what's up with that? ;)

It's part of sports and thats what being a fan means. None of us want to watch our team lose, yet we get an enjoyment watching our team beat other teams. Show me one fan base of any sport that is okay with their team losing. Even bad teams that are expected to lose, fans are not okay with it.

Being okay with losing has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I'm saying that the Wings fanbase is no better than any other fanbase, yet certain people around here seem to think we are so much more advanced as hockey fans than everyone else. That's all I'm pointing out here.

There is nothing wrong with being frustrated over a loss. There is just no need to point at fans of other teams venting their frustrations in the exact same way and act like we're so much better than them.

I think losing might be somewhat expected given the injury situation, but the way the Red Wings lost this game is still disappointing. Major implosion after getting a lead in what was a winnable game even without Z and Pavel.

Gotta tread water for a bit here. Without your best players, you really have to focus for 60 minutes. Monster should be getting the bulk of starts too. He finds a way to win games.

the common problems here is babdick. Btw, Cleary isn't NHL ready...

Who is the problem?I'm confused now..is it Babcock? Q? Cleary? Boyd Devereaux? The Zamboni driver? You can't just come out of the wood work and rag on everyone after we have a bad period..its so bush league and amateur hour..because I know you've been around here a long time and when the going gets good you will be all jacked for this team again and tell us how you told us so. Calling out Babcock? cmon..if they were to take a survey of every player, coach, gm, owner in this league Babcock would top the list guaranteed.

Love Nyquist, but I wouldn't say he played excellent tonight. Do you see some of his decisions on the PP? A bunch on needless give aways.

Yeah, that's true. I thought otherwise his speed and creativity were pretty noticeable. He was stronger on the puck too than you would expect for someone his size.

The whole team struggled getting set up on the PP, which isn't too shocking given they were down their two best players. Pavel and Z are terrific at zone entry on the PP.

Edited by GoWings1905

Sorry Jimmy..nothing personal but if there were two Jimmy Howards in the net tonight this lead still would've been blown. He's just really pooping the bed this year. He's gonna lose the starting job and his Olympic chance all in a matter of a few months. It's a shame but if he was even decent this year with the lead we'd have about 6 or 7 more wins. I hate what a bunch of pansies we become against teams like this. The Joe used to be such an intimidating place to play. I understand not wanting to take any penalties whenyou have the lead but once your best players start getting punched and boarded, someone has to nail somebody.

Imagine someone being happy when his/her team wins and demoralized when they lose, what's up with that? ;)

Cmon is that really the attitude with a large group around here..I think it sucks we lost..we played like garbage in the 3rd but i'm not going to start questioining every level of the organization over 1 loss..it's an 82 game season..we haven't played our best hockey this year and we still sit 4th? in the conference. I care that we get healthy and play our hockey at the right time of the year.

Shhh. The trick is to be an unrelenting optimist. No one played poorly. No one made mistakes. It was just our turn to lose. Only happy thoughts....

Seriously. The team I love just choked from 3-1 to 3-6 behind terrible goaltending yet again, am I supposed to feel something other than frustration?

For me this was a learning game for the youngsters. Nyquist and Tatar were really the enrtance for the powerplay units since Pavs and Hank were not there tonight, and they had a hard time doing that. They also tried some plays that were too fancy for them. But that is all a part of their learning and developing. In saying that, both of them were able to contribute offensively tonight, but it is about learning the game as a whole. THere is no doubt both have bright futures.

Some other notes:

- Cleary is AWFUL. He is just so bad. I think I am going to give the hockey team of kids I coach a weekly challenge to come up with as many adjectives as possible to describe how bad Dan Cleary is. He needs to go

- Kindl continues to piss me off getting Powerplay time over Smith. He NEVER knows when to shoot and is awful at passing.

- Sammy actually had a good night. He was moving the puck and generating chances.

- Jimmy Howard blew another 2 goal lead, for the 6th or 7th time this season already. That is unacceptable. He isn;t letting in many "bad" goals, but the fact is that he is not making key timely saves for the team to win games. The numbers don't lie. Monster has more wins then him in just 8 games played. Babcock needs to continue to play Monster as long as he continues to earn it.

Simply put, if we were not missing our entire top line tonight, we win this game easy. The Flyers are an awful team full of goons, and have nothing on a healthy Red Wings team. Just think, a month from now: Datsyuk, Zetty, Bertuzzi, Danny Dekeyser all back playing, CLEARY WAIVED!! :)

Who is the problem?I'm confused now..is it Babcock? Q? Cleary? Boyd Devereaux? The Zamboni driver? You can't just come out of the wood work and rag on everyone after we have a bad period..its so bush league and amateur hour..because I know you've been around here a long time and when the going gets good you will be all jacked for this team again and tell us how you told us so. Calling out Babcock? cmon..if they were to take a survey of every player, coach, gm, owner in this league Babcock would top the list guaranteed.

well, here you are wrong...dead wrong. I will NEVER support Cleary, Q, Franzen or Babs dumb ass coaching decisions to play Cleary over Tootoo and ahead of Weiss in the line combos. Those facts will never change even if they win the Cup. And since you have known me on here for years, I am hardly coming out of the woodworks to talk crap about said players...

Yeah, that's true. I thought otherwise his speed and creativity were pretty noticeable. He was stronger on the puck too than you would expect for someone his size.

The whole team struggled getting set up on the PP, which isn't too shocking given they were down their two best players. Pavel and Z are terrific at zone entry on the PP.

I agree. The speed of Nyquist, Helm and Tatar wassomething that made us look strong at the beginning of the game.

First game without Datsyuk and Zetterberg, one loss. They're too important to this team. I had a bad feeling about this damn game but when the Wings went up 3-1 I thought differently. Unreal, this game was embarrassing. Blah, I'm ******* pissed.

First game without Datsyuk and Zetterberg, one loss. They're too important to this team. I had a bad feeling about this damn game but when the Wings went up 3-1 I thought differently. Unreal, this game was embarrassing. Blah, I'mf****** pissed.

I coulda dealt with a 4-1 thrashing due to no dats and z but being up 3-1 hurt - I agree. I'm livid. We should have at the very least escaped with points on the night.

Seriously. The team I love just choked from 3-1 to 3-6 behind terrible goaltending yet again, am I supposed to feel something other than frustration?

Absolutely not. A sailor would blush upon hearing the steam of epithets erupting from me during this game. I frustrated as hell, just like any other fan. I was pointing out that in one single GDT fans went from "I love everyone and everything to do with the Wings (except Cleary)" to "Blow up the entire organization - fire Babcock, Holland, dismantle the team and plot a coup d'etat on the Ilitch Family." The overreaction is stunning in its scope.

Now if it were the playoffs...... :)

yeah, if we keep calm, howard will totally keep that next 2-goal lead

cause he's been making a lot of clutch saves this year

right?

it's not like he's been total s*** all season

...right?

i've been banned for less.

Look who's back... It was a peaceful 4 games

Sorry Jimmy..nothing personal but if there were two Jimmy Howards in the net tonight this lead still would've been blown. He's just really pooping the bed this year. He's gonna lose the starting job and his Olympic chance all in a matter of a few months. It's a shame but if he was even decent this year with the lead we'd have about 6 or 7 more wins. I hate what a bunch of pansies we become against teams like this. The Joe used to be such an intimidating place to play. I understand not wanting to take any penalties whenyou have the lead but once your best players start getting punched and boarded, someone has to nail somebody.

Uhh the first and third goals were great shots he never saw due to screens. Those will go in 90% of the time on any goalie. The 2nd was a defensive breakdown that unfortunately slid under his pad. He had no shot on the 4th due to man left open on the back post. The only goal you can question on him was the Hartnell shot. Philly was the better team for most of the game other than when they took all the penalties in the 2nd. Detroit outshot Philly but Philly chances were all a heck of a lot better than Detroits. Mason really only had to make one big save. The rest were routine. I know everyone here loves to jump on the goalie but look at each goal individually and youll see that he had no shot on three of those goals. You just have to hope the puck hits him and he was in the right position they were just good shots.

Shhh. The trick is to be an unrelenting optimist. No one played poorly. No one made mistakes. It was just our turn to lose. Only happy thoughts....

No one is demanding blind, unrelenting optimism. Is it too much to ask for a little class? Read some of the things people say in the forum. If you heard someone speaking that way in a sports bar, what woul you think of them?

Simply put, if we were not missing our entire top line tonight, we win this game easy.

Our PP may have scored another goal or two, and PK would have been better in terms of skaters, but the way Howard was dodging pucks out there, I don't know how much better things would have been. He got 3 goals worth of support, but let in 5 for good measure. Not only is it the goals themselves in terms of the scoreboard, but when he lets in a stinker he is noticeably rattled, and the team seems to pick up on that and deflate.

Like I said a few weeks ago, the number one indicator is whether I am expecting a shot on our goal to be saved or end up in the back of the net. When Gustavsson is in goal, I expect the former. When Howard is in goal, I expect the latter. Things were the same late in the 2008 season with Osgood and Hasek. I don't care who is supposed to be number one, I care who is stopping pucks.