• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/4 GDT : Flyers 6 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Weiss is paid 5M and is pitiful. He's had more than enough time and hasn't shown a smidge of skill. He looks like a smaller and weaker drew miller. Probably the worst contract signed this summer in the nhl and I am a big holland fan and I usually try to defend his moves

Yes. These 30 games are surely the unchangeable harbinger of every second of the rest of his life. May as well dig his grave now, save some time in the future. I never said he's been great. The guy gets so much flack when he has NEVER been the reason we have lost games.

dude...howard looks so lethargic sometimes...well most of the time....he makes the first stop..BAM...then its like he is stuck in slow mo and never moves...and they get a rebound and bam they score...

Add that to him not being able to stop a thing in the shoutout... Don't even get to see our third shooter when Howard is in net

I don't want to blame Howard but reality is Monster probably stops 2 or 3 of those goals simply because he plays bigger in net. I think it was the Giroux goal where it almost looked like Howard was ducking in net, he looked so small.

#2 ranked PK gives up a goal on every penalty tonight. Can't really blame Z and D for that as they're not our main PKer. Andersson did not have a very good night, on and off the PK. He had 2 bad giveaways right before I think it was the 2nd Philly goal. That goal gave them some life.

All in all I was happy with our offense. This is about the best we can hope for without Pav and Z. "Top" line had a goal, we got a goal from the 3rd line and a goal on the PP. And we had some chances that could have gone. But we gotta be able to lock it down defensively. This should have been a 3-1 or 3-2 win. At worst we should have atleast squeezed out a point.

Yes. These 30 games are surely the unchangeable harbinger of every second of the rest of his life. May as well dig his grave now, save some time in the future. I never said he's been great. The guy gets so much flack when he has NEVER been the reason we have lost games.

Lol his retarded penalty is what started this onslaught. Not just taking a penalty but making it blatantly obvious and unnecessary in the offensive zone to start a very important third period where we had to bear down and keep the lead.

I don't want to blame Howard but reality is Monster probably stops 2 or 3 of those goals simply because he plays bigger in net. I think it was the Giroux goal where it almost looked like Howard was ducking in net, he looked so small.

I do agree he would have handled a couple of those better. Im not sure he makes the kick saves on Hartnel and Simmonds tho with his style.

Lol his retarded penalty is what started this onslaught. Not just taking a penalty but making it blatantly obvious and unnecessary in the offensive zone to start a very important third period where we had to bear down and keep the lead.

I see. And Howard's play had nothing to do with it. He surely couldnt've stopped any of those shots. So, your logic is that Weiss' one penalty caused every one of those 5 unanswered goals? Solid reasoning, to be sure. Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg

People said that last year to. Then he was the main reason they beat Anaheim and took Chicago to 7. Funny huh

Nah whats funny is seeing him under perform and keep getting put in while Gustavsson has been pretty hot. I understand he is the guy and should get his shots but how many games like this with shots that should have been stopped do we have to go through?

Maybe I am missing some technical nuance, being of the unwashed masses, but is his job not to keep pucks out of the net? Is Howard technically playing better, you know, for style points and technique? :P

I get what you're saying. A goalie's job is to stop the puck, just like a QB's job is to throw touchdowns. There are other variables at play aside from the goalie's performance. I'm not saying Jimmy is above reproach. He has not been at his best. However, to lay our losses at his feet would be a mistake.

Watching monster play does not inspire confidence. He flops too much and he doesn't have dom's athleticism for it to be an effective style for him.

Weiss was not the reason they lost...he took one penalty and cost them one goal...seems to me there were 5 others scored, most of them with Quincey on the ice (one in the box) and Cleary trying to skate with his walker...

I agree with some of the heat for Jimmy, but if you are looking for an experiment to be over, the Cleary and Quincey experiments are fermenting!

Cleary should be waived tonight...he has a NTC not a NMC. Tootoo should be recalled.

Sad thing is even if the Heaven's opened up and that actually happened, Babs wouldn't play Tootoo or just sit him on the bench.

now now we don't need anyone with any kind of grit on this team. We had emm-dog in the lineup.

I see. And Howard's play had nothing to do with it. He surely couldnt've stopped any of those shots. So, your logic is that Weiss' one penalty caused every one of those 5 unanswered goals? Solid reasoning, to be sure.

Lol so he never single handedly lost us this game. He definitely didn't do a thing to help us win. Besides tap a puck along 2 feet to Franzen. He hasn't had a shift that resembles a 5M a year player. I wanted to like Weiss and gave him a chance but were 30 games in and is currently sitting on the NHL's worst contract. 7 points a year for 5M and 4 more years. I'm just dieing for him to come out and say something to the media. It would be hard to trade him for a 5th round pick. You have to be a special kind of brutal for that to happen. In the prime of your career

Edited by joesuffP

Yes but you said he lets in stinkers and thus demoralizes the team and thats why the lost. Im asking which specifically was a stinker. If you cant really explain as being a stinker your argument holds no merit. Im not saying Jimmy cant play better Im saying throwing him under the bus as the reason they lost tonight is completely incorrect.

Looking over my posts from the night, I mentioned "letting in a stinker" once, and that was speaking more generally about his play this season. Specifically, talking about his demeanor after a soft or otherwise untimely goal. He let in several untimely goals tonight, and looks to sulk afterwards. Once that starts the goals follow in rapid succession. Was there any one goal tonight that you could blame 100% on the goaltender? No. But its the sum total of the goals that is the problem.

1st goal: big time screen, can't see through flesh, that's fine

2nd goal: Read gets on the inside, Howard doesn't stay tight enough for a good lateral kick, but a defensive breakdown, whatever

3rd goal: he has Simmonds in front, but more than anything loses the puck in bodies, not great, looking flustered

4th goal: he seems to be swimming a bit before getting to his feet and coming way out, easy tap in on the opposite side, now he is done

5th goal: Hartnell fires a quick clapper, good shot, but Howard looks done, resting hands on the pads low with half-hearted swats as goals pile up

The Wings tonight, like most nights with Howard in goal, just needed one of those saves. Just one. They were some of the only threatening shots of the night and he missed the majority of them. He let them go by in rapid succession, 3 in 5 minutes, tanking the teams morale on top of the losing on the scoreboard.

regarding the goaltenders, it doesn't matter who is winning, it doesn't matter who is the better goalie right now, Holland is NOT going to allow Monster to play all the games while he is paying $5M+ to Jimmy to sit on the bench. IMO, the best goalie they have is in GR right now, but you will NEVER see a move to not dress Jimmy and have Mrazek start with Monster backing him up. Jimmy makes way too much money, but you cannot blame him for cashing in on the market value of goaltenders. But since he is making the top money, he will always be the #1 guy here. Monster could go 20-0, yet Jimmy will still get the starts and the playoffs. In this NHL (sadly) its not really about winning, its about money and not wasting it.

Lol so he never single handedly lost us this game. He definitely didn't do a thing to help us win. Besides tap a puck along 2 feet to Franzen. He hasn't had a shift that resembles a 5M a year player. I wanted to like Weiss and gave him a chance but were 30 games in and is currently sitting on the NHL's worst contract. 7 points a year for 5M and 4 more years. I'm just dieing for him to come out and say something to the media. It would be hard to trade him for a 5th round pick. You have to be a special kind of brutal for that to happen. In the prime of your career

You lost me at "NHL's worst contract". Blind, ignorant hatred doesn't make an argument valid. Weiss is your whipping boy, I get it. He assisted on a goal and, outside of the penalty, was always involved and trying to create offense. But, there's no point in arguing it with someone who hates him as passionately and blindly as you do. I can see how much you "wanted to like him". That claim is as baseless and opinionated as your "NHL's worst contract" laugher. You defeated your own logic. You place the blame on Weiss, but in almost the same breath, admit that he never actually lost the game for us. As far as I know, being a part of a goal isn't exactly something players who lose games for their team do. As far as the penalty, who's to blame? Weiss for having his stick held, or Howard for being unable to make that save? Perhaps the PK for blowing the assignment on Giroux? No, it must be Weiss' fault. Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg

You lost me at "NHL's worst contract". Blind, ignorant hatred doesn't make an argument valid. Weiss is your whipping boy, I get it. He assisted on a goal and, outside of the penalty, was always involved and trying to create offense. But, there's no point in arguing it with someone who hates him as passionately and blindly as you do. I can see how much you "wanted to like him". That claim is as baseless and opinionated as your "NHL's worst contract" laugher.

Worst signing in the off season. I don't know a lot of teams that have a worse contract currently. Luongo I guess. He's a lot more valuable to his team though

regarding the goaltenders, it doesn't matter who is winning, it doesn't matter who is the better goalie right now, Holland is NOT going to allow Monster to play all the games while he is paying $5M+ to Jimmy to sit on the bench. IMO, the best goalie they have is in GR right now, but you will NEVER see a move to not dress Jimmy and have Mrazek start with Monster backing him up. Jimmy makes way too much money, but you cannot blame him for cashing in on the market value of goaltenders. But since he is making the top money, he will always be the #1 guy here. Monster could go 20-0, yet Jimmy will still get the starts and the playoffs. In this NHL (sadly) its not really about winning, its about money and not wasting it.

I don't agree with that.

As I stated earlier, Holland hasn't been afraid to bench Hall of Fame goalies in the last decade, regardless of what they were paid. Remember Cujo being sent down?

Hasek wasn't given any immunity in Detroit either.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Worst signing in the off season. I don't know a lot of teams that have a worse contract currently. Luongo I guess. He's a lot more valuable to his team though

Clarkson? Gaborik? Clowe? Booth? Brad Richards? Myers? Ehrhoff? Edler? Lundqvist's new extension? Plenty more than those, too. Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg