• Please log in to reply
524 replies to this topic

#421 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

I think Matt should start dispensing lithium prescriptions with each user name - you are seriously some bi-polar sons of *******.  
Yes, they blew a 2-goal lead.  Yes, they are getting roughed up.  It's not the first time, it won't be the last, and we're only ONE THIRD of the way through the season.  It's a disappointment and hopefully a learning experience for the cast and crew of the Wings organization.  Let's start the lynch mob a little later in the season, okay?

You may not know this, but the world is ending.

#422 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

So soon we forget the 29 save shutout posted by Howard last time out.

The mission of a large majority on here is to just be miserable about everything.  When we win they don't say anything.  but when we lose they have a million things to say............................but oh wait when we start winning again they pretend they were on the bus the whole time. 

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#423 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

When an opponent of the Wings s*** the bed against us, there is always someone who posts a link to their forum laughing at the doomsday posts they find over there. Do these people not take the time to read their forums during an embarrassing loss? It is the exact same thing. Yet these same people will continue to laugh at other fans after a rough loss as if we are so much better than everyone else. 

It's part of sports and thats what being a fan means. None of us want to watch our team lose, yet we get an enjoyment watching our team beat other teams. Show me one fan base of any sport that is okay with their team losing. Even bad teams that are expected to lose, fans are not okay with it.

#424 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Sadly, one good game doesn't erase the 2.57 GAA and 9.13 SV%. He flat out isn't getting it done.

#425 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Helm gets punched in the face by rinaldo and just stands there like a woman about to cry. Ive bever been one to complain about the wings lack of toughness but tonights reached a new low i didnt think possible after pavs got elbowed. Zero backbone or emotion from our team when were getting ran out if our own building and abused in the process. Meh. Cmonnn boys sack up next time or other teams are gonna start to figure out just how easy it is to completely throw us off our game and watch us unravel.

#426 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Wow.  Great start, abysmal finish.  

That has been the theme throughout the year.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#427 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Tatar and Nyquist have been excellent tonight.

The usual list of suspects were bad. Sadly, you have to include Weiss and Jimmy in that grouping right now.

They gotta figure out this consistently poor effort at home mess real soon.

Love Nyquist, but I wouldn't say he played excellent tonight. Do you see some of his decisions on the PP? A bunch on needless give aways.

#428 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Did that 29 save shutout "so soon" make us forget his now 6-8-6 record? I hope not. The trend is terrible; the shutout was the exception that proves the rule.

#429 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

I was having technical difficulties and didn't see Philly's fourth and fifth goal, what the hell happened?

Lashoff skated around the back of the net taking himself completely out of the play, while Couturier, who was right in front of him, stopped right beside the net and remained in the play. He then took a shot/pass and tapped in an easy goal while Lashoff was still nowhere useful.

Then, our PK sucked again and can't get the puck out of the zone to save their lives.

That's how I remember them.... someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

#430 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

It is amazing and sometimes pretty embarassing...I don't know how many hundreds of times i've seen our fans talk s*** about how terrible other teams fans are.  They should look in the mirror.

Imagine someone being happy when his/her team wins and demoralized when they lose, what's up with that?  ;)

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#431 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

It's part of sports and thats what being a fan means. None of us want to watch our team lose, yet we get an enjoyment watching our team beat other teams. Show me one fan base of any sport that is okay with their team losing. Even bad teams that are expected to lose, fans are not okay with it.

Being okay with losing has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I'm saying that the Wings fanbase is no better than any other fanbase, yet certain people around here seem to think we are so much more advanced as hockey fans than everyone else. That's all I'm pointing out here. 

There is nothing wrong with being frustrated over a loss. There is just no need to point at fans of other teams venting their frustrations in the exact same way and act like we're so much better than them. 

#432 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

I think losing might be somewhat expected given the injury situation, but the way the Red Wings lost this game is still disappointing. Major implosion after getting a lead in what was a winnable game even without Z and Pavel.

Gotta tread water for a bit here. Without your best players, you really have to focus for 60 minutes. Monster should be getting the bulk of starts too. He finds a way to win games.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#433 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

the common problems here is babdick. Btw, Cleary isn't NHL ready...

Who is the problem?I'm confused now..is it Babcock? Q? Cleary? Boyd Devereaux? The Zamboni driver? You can't just come out of the wood work and rag on everyone after we have a bad period..its so bush league and amateur hour..because I know you've been around here a long time and when the going gets good you will be all jacked for this team again and tell us how you told us so.  Calling out Babcock? cmon..if they were to take a survey of every player, coach, gm, owner in this league Babcock would top the list guaranteed.

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#434 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

That was pretty pathetic.  I feel embarrassed for the Wings.

They get roughed up and walked all over, then they let them get FOUR unanswered goals within like one periods time, and 5 by the game end.

#435 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Love Nyquist, but I wouldn't say he played excellent tonight. Do you see some of his decisions on the PP? A bunch on needless give aways.

Yeah, that's true. I thought otherwise his speed and creativity were pretty noticeable. He was stronger on the puck too than you would expect for someone his size.

The whole team struggled getting set up on the PP, which isn't too shocking given they were down their two best players. Pavel and Z are terrific at zone entry on the PP.

Edited by GoWings1905, 04 December 2013 - 10:55 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#436 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

Sorry Jimmy..nothing personal but if there were two Jimmy Howards in the net tonight this lead still would've been blown. He's just really pooping the bed this year. He's gonna lose the starting job and his Olympic chance all in a matter of a few months. It's a shame but if he was even decent this year with the lead we'd have about 6 or 7 more wins. I hate what a bunch of pansies we become against teams like this. The Joe used to be such an intimidating place to play. I understand not wanting to take any penalties whenyou have the lead but once your best players start getting punched and boarded, someone has to nail somebody.

#437 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

Imagine someone being happy when his/her team wins and demoralized when they lose, what's up with that?  ;)

Cmon is that really the attitude with a large group around here..I think it sucks we lost..we played like garbage in the 3rd but i'm not going to start questioining every level of the organization over 1 loss..it's an 82 game season..we haven't played our best hockey this year and we still sit 4th? in the conference.  I care that we get healthy and play our hockey at the right time of the year. 

#438 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

Shhh. The trick is to be an unrelenting optimist. No one played poorly. No one made mistakes. It was just our turn to lose. Only happy thoughts....

Seriously. The team I love just choked from 3-1 to 3-6 behind terrible goaltending yet again, am I supposed to feel something other than frustration?

#439 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

our special teams failed us big time tonight.  that's the sole reason we lost.

naked is a state of mind

#440 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

For me this was a learning game for the youngsters. Nyquist and Tatar were really the enrtance for the powerplay units since Pavs and Hank were not there tonight, and they had a hard time doing that. They also tried some plays that were too fancy for them. But that is all a part of their learning and developing. In saying that, both of them were able to contribute offensively tonight, but it is about learning the game as a whole. THere is no doubt both have bright futures.

Some other notes:

- Cleary is AWFUL. He is just so bad. I think I am going to give the hockey team of kids I coach a weekly challenge to come up with as many adjectives as possible to describe how bad Dan Cleary is. He needs to go

- Kindl continues to piss me off getting Powerplay time over Smith. He NEVER knows when to shoot and is awful at passing.

- Sammy actually had a good night. He was moving the puck and generating chances.

- Jimmy Howard blew another 2 goal lead, for the 6th or 7th time this season already. That is unacceptable. He isn;t letting in many "bad" goals, but the fact is that he is not making key timely saves for the team to win games. The numbers don't lie. Monster has more wins then him in just 8 games played. Babcock needs to continue to play Monster as long as he continues to earn it.

Simply put, if we were not missing our entire top line tonight, we win this game easy. The Flyers are an awful team full of goons, and have nothing on a healthy Red Wings team. Just think, a month from now: Datsyuk, Zetty, Bertuzzi, Danny Dekeyser all back playing, CLEARY WAIVED!! :)