• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

before the season started I mentioned something about "we are going to struggle offensively, we would do well the first 30-40 games, then the size and toughness factor in the east would catch up to us". Z's back is something he will deal with for the rest of his career off and on. Glad he signed for 7 more years! Helm just doesn't have the size to hold up for the type of game he plays.

Sorry to be rude guys, but this stuff was predicted and we were warned. Flame away......

#42 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

richdg! whats up man how are the Wild doing this year?

#43 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

before the season started I mentioned something about "we are going to struggle offensively, we would do well the first 30-40 games, then the size and toughness factor in the east would catch up to us". Z's back is something he will deal with for the rest of his career off and on. Glad he signed for 7 more years! Helm just doesn't have the size to hold up for the type of game he plays.

Sorry to be rude guys, but this stuff was predicted and we were warned. Flame away......

Because Helm was never hurt when we were in the Western Conference, right?

#44 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

Every single season the Wings have injury problems like this. Excellent prediction...

#45 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

Perhaps the "big bad east" is taking its tole on the boys. I gotta say the wings have been getting hammered lately since the sens beat us that way and other teams seem to be following this tactic.

I doubt it has anything to do with the East, teams like Anaheim, San Jose, Nashville, and Vancouver always played us a lot tougher than most of the teams in the East have this year. Other than the Datsyuk injury, we shouldn't be surprised that Z or Helm got hurt, it sucks but it's not a shocker.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#46 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Perhaps the "big bad east" is taking its tole on the boys. I gotta say the wings have been getting hammered lately since the sens beat us that way and other teams seem to be following this tactic.

The wings won 4 straight including Ottawa, they were not getting "hammered"

Helm got cut with a skate, for the second time

#47 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

The Wings had the most man games lost to injury in the West last season, so I don't know how much substance is behind that theory.

Injuries have been a major issue for this team basically every year since 2008.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#48 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

Red Wings who have been injured in one form or another this season:

Alfredsson

Bertuzzi

Datsyuk

DeKeyser

Eaves

Ericsson

Franzen

Gustavsson

Helm

Howard

Kronwall

Nyquist

Quincey

Smith

Tootoo

Weiss

Zetterberg

I'm not 100% sure about a few of those. But you get the point.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#49 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 1h

Ken Holland said Helm's MRI showed fluid, which he said means either sprain or strain in shoulder. Will be re-evaluated Monday.

I can live with a strain or sprain.  At least it's nothing permanent.

Has anyone wondered if the next two players to be injured once Z returns will hurt their knees and toes?

The injury report would read:

Pavel (head)

Helm and DeKeyser (shoulders)

Player X (knees and toes)

Player Y (knees and toes)...

#50 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hope Darren's boo-boo doesn't cause him to lose those hands he found while he was gone for a season.  

My Red Wings theme song:   "I Want You Back"   That goes for all of them.  :wub:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#51 greene709

greene709

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

Maybe Weiss figures it out and gets someting going

#52 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 379 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

Pretty soon we'll only have three lines and Cleary will be on all of them.

attachicon.giftumblr_meuekxDMPJ1qb4rpho1_r1_250.gif

My laughter turns to tears

#53 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

The Red Wings struggled offensively last season too. Everyone has always been well aware that Z's back is a lingering issue and Helm's injuries have been more freakish than anything. 

I don't see where these predictions are exactly profound statements. 

Edited by GoWings1905, 06 December 2013 - 10:17 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#54 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

I can't believe there is such hockey geniuses that correctly predicted we would have injuries this year. Also correctly predicted we wouldn't score enough goals to win some games

#55 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

TheScore is reporting he has to have an MRI on his shoulder. Can this season get any worse now ?

My 3 favorite players all injured at the same time...nope it can't really get worse though the boys are still doing not bad aside from the Flyers game.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#56 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

The Red Wings struggled offensively last season too. Everyone has always been well aware that Z's back is a lingering issue and Helm's injuries have been more freakish than anything. 

I don't see where these predictions are exactly profound statements. 

You don't see it because they are not profound statements.  It seemed like at least 25-30 other people were saying the same thing repeatedly at the same time he claims to have said it.  Also, as you stated, Z has preexisting issues with his back and Helm's injury issues have been freakish.  Neither supports his 'I told you so' statement the way that he seems to think they do.

#57 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Pretty soon we'll only have three lines and Cleary will be on all of them.

attachicon.giftumblr_meuekxDMPJ1qb4rpho1_r1_250.gif

First time I read this I laughed...but then I realized it wasn't a joke...

779MqMV.gif

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#58 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Per khan: Helm to return in a week/week and a half.

#59 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Per khan: Helm to return in a week/week and a half.

This is good news, also getting Pav back tomorrow from the sound of it. All things considered and the last game against Florida aside, this team did pretty well during these injury woes.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#60 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Poor Helmer.

Don't Toews me, bro!